Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

klaaaz wrote: »
    the victim might even end up using crutches with a limp for the rest of his life.

LOL. Are you kidding?

468423.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Elderly is proven as past middle age so the victim is elderly beyond a shadow of a doubt. You have been found out, give it up as its embarrassing for you at this stage.

I don't why I'm bothering with you but ''without a shadow of a doubt?''. I gave one dictionary definition that suggests he is middle aged, so not without a shadow of a doubt at all. What, your definition holds more gravitas does it? Why?

Anyway, have you ever see anyone's fingers hanging off while their lung has been collapsed from multiple stab wounds? I saw that only yesterday at work. I'd class that as fairly horrific. Have you ever seen someone sliced from their ear to their mouth so badly that you can see their teeth through the gap? That's another horrific one I've seen recently at my job. That's horrific, not a little boo boo on the knee. You must be made of soft stuff if a scratch on the knee constitutes horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Maybe he'll slap a compo collar on as well eh. Oh this thread is producing comedy gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

pablo128 wrote: »
    If you can show me he's 65, I will stand corrected.

But aren't you choosing to use an article that not only claims he is aged 63 , but also the things I said above (serious assault/Garda malpractice for starters) as your proof ?

Going by this logic, the serous allegations made in the report = horse shyte, but His reported age, (being a massive two years junior than cited by a poster here) is gospel.

Lol tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

gandalf wrote: »
    Maybe he'll slap a compo collar on as well eh. Oh this thread is producing comedy gold.

I was just about to post that. Comedy gold is an understatement.

• Advertisement

Naos wrote: »
    LOL. Are you kidding?

I think he is and I think we're all falling for it...

But aren't you choosing to use an article that not only claims he is aged 63 , but also the things I said above (serious assault/Garda malpractice for starters) as your proof ?

Going by this logic, the serous allegations made in the report = horse shyte, but His reported age, (being a massive two years junior than cited by a poster here) is gospel.

Lol tbh.

You can lol all you like. If you are disagreeing with me as to his age, show me something that shows his age as older than 63.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Omackeral wrote: »

Yup - I have now given up on him.

Sure in another thread he bemoaned about the government spending taxpayers money. Yet here he is defending a tax dodger :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

The strange thing is, I would have considered Roscommon to be one of the least staunch republican areas in rural Ireland
    I mean, there is no history of violence or major organised crime or a dissident threat in the area and Sinn Fein have historically a very poor vote there.
    People generally just get on with their lives

Omackeral wrote: »

Tbh he is giving me a good laugh, like all the outraged Chuckies on social media although the journals comment section seems to be turning against Mr. McGann and his merry band which surprised given its normally a festering pool of alt right anti establishment types.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

And middle aged is considered from 40-64 in this part of the world. 65 would be classed as elderly but Mr.Taylor appears to be 63, hence middle aged.
    Omackeral wrote:
    I don't why I'm bothering with you but ''without a shadow of a doubt?''. I gave one dictionary definition that suggests he is middle aged, so not without a shadow of a doubt at all. What, your definition holds more gravitas does it? Why?

Senior citizens in Ireland or OAP's(those old age people again ) are over 60 in Ireland, that's also another elderly fact for which you're been proven wrong the 2nd time.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/my-generation-discounts-and-privileges-1.890897
    As you're ageist towards the elderly, do you wish senior discounts to be removed? Perhaps take away their walking sticks as well as they're not old enough! :rolleyes:

Senior citizens in Ireland or OAP's(those old age people again ) are over 60 in Ireland, that's also another elderly fact for which you're been proven wrong the 2nd time.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/my-generation-discounts-and-privileges-1.890897
    As you're ageist towards the elderly, do you wish senior discounts to be removed? Perhaps take away their walking sticks as well as they're not old enough! :rolleyes:
    You were caught lying yet again about his age. Could you at least acknowledge that so we can move on?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,675 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The state pension age in Ireland is 66......

To be honest if you arguing about what constitutes elderly you know you have lost the greater argument on the "horrific injuries". For most sane people the age is 65.

You can lol all you like. If you are disagreeing with me as to his age, show me something that shows his age as older than 63.

I couldn't give a fcuk if he's 96 and farts through his elbows, but I can and will lol at someone who uses a newspaper article as proof of something, yet dismisses all the other parts in it that doesn't suit them.

Seriously, if the journalist who penned the article might make such grave errors as reporting such serious allegations, maybe then he got your mans age wrong too.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

To be honest if you arguing about what constitutes elderly you know you have lost the greater argument on the "horrific injuries". For most sane people the age is 65.
    That's not even elderly these days.

Just for you Klaaz x x x

p2w1gu64x9521.jpg

You were caught lying yet again about his age. Could you at least acknowledge that so we can move on?
    hynesie08 wrote: »
    The state pension age in Ireland is 66......

The state pension age is indeed 66(was 65), that's set by the govt, it does not define a person as old or elderly. It has been proven over and over again that once you're past middle age, you are elderly. Senior citizens are defined as over 60 themselves, do you want them declassified as senior? Perhaps take away their benefits, typical FG heartless ageism!

I couldn't give a fcuk if he's 96 and farts through his elbows, but I can and will lol at someone who uses a newspaper article as proof of something, yet dismisses all the other parts in it that doesn't suit them.

Seriously, if the journalist who penned the article might make such grave errors as reporting such serious allegations, maybe then he got your mans age wrong too.

I quoted that article to show the ex guards age. Perhaps I should have linked a different article. But you're going to latch onto that now, aren't you? Like those bucko's latched onto your man being British. Well I tell you what, it's no skin off my nose. Go right ahead. You'll just look like an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭blueythebear

This thing is running and running. I'm now convinced that there is a group or groups who are deliberately trying to spread misinformation about this whole thing in order to fuel a certain narrative.

There's also some people being used by these groups and I'm referring to various guerrilla journalists.

There are people on facebook groups and here, disbelieving all of mainstream media, simply because of the fact that they are mainstream media.

Some of the stuff being posted online (all over social media) only points to a social media campaign to force political change away from the current government but the worrying thing is that this is all being peddled on the basis of lies and misinformation.

• Advertisement

It's possible that it could be wrong I wouldn't class the Mirror as a grade A source but no one has put any proof up of the 65 age claim yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

I’ll go with the World Health Organisation definition to define elderly if that’s ok with you.

I quoted that article to show the ex guards age. Perhaps I should have linked a different article. But you're going to latch onto that now, aren't you? Like those bucko's latched onto your man being British. Well I tell you what, it's no skin off my nose. Go right ahead. You'll just look like an idiot.

The penny dropped.

Well done.

This thing is running and running. I'm now convinced that there is a group or groups who are deliberately trying to spread misinformation about this whole thing in order to fuel a certain narrative.

There's also some people being used by these groups and I'm referring to various guerrilla journalists.

There are people on facebook groups and here, disbelieving all of mainstream media, simply because of the fact that they are mainstream media.

Some of the stuff being posted online (all over social media) only points to a social media campaign to force political change away from the current government but the worrying thing is that this is all being peddled on the basis of lies and misinformation.

There is a very hamfisted attempt. The problem for Sinn Fein is that their stance in this will damage their ability to break into the middle class vote. I gave them first preference in the last election here to try and oust my local FG TD whose a nimby supporting twat. They'll be getting no preference from me now after their behaviour both online and in not condemning Sundays thuggery in the dail yesterday.

WARNING IMAGE NSFL

Dollarphotoclub_41092771-300x200.jpg

The state pension age is indeed 66(was 65), that's set by the govt, it does not define a person as old or elderly. It has been proven over and over again that once you're past middle age, you are elderly. Senior citizens are defined as over 60 themselves, do you want them declassified as senior? Perhaps take away their benefits, typical FG heartless ageism!

Wrong again, you're good at this.

I don't vote FG, they haven't even gotten a preference from me for years. I'm unaffiliated these days. I typically vote for whoever is the least offensive candidate which is getting harder and harder at every election.

Again 65 is the age that is typically accepted. At least you agreed with us that Mr. Taylor does not have "horrific injuries".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭blueythebear

There is a very hamfisted attempt. The problem for Sinn Fein is that their stance in this will damage their ability to break into the middle class vote. I gave them first preference in the last election here to try and oust my local FG TD whose a nimby supporting twat. They'll be getting no preference from me now after their behaviour both online and in not condemning Sundays thuggery.

It may be hamfisted to anyone with a reasonable level of intelligence but social media seems to make absolute retards out of people.

Plus when you have three or four elected representatives thinking a sit-in tonight in the bank is a good idea, I am getting worried that the country is becoming a haven for paranoid lunatics.

heroics wrote: »
    I’ll go with the World Health Organisation definition to define elderly if that’s ok with you.

That's your narrative which is based on state pension benefits, not based on reality.
    As proven, elderly is a person who is past middle age like an elderly senior citizen.
    gandalf wrote:
    Wrong again, you're good at this.

I don't vote FG, they haven't even gotten a preference from me for years. I'm unaffiliated these days. I typically vote for whoever is the least offensive candidate which is getting harder and harder at every election.

Again 65 is the age that is typically accepted. At least you agreed with us that Mr. Taylor does not have "horrific injuries".

See above about 65, that was the state pension age which is not reflective of reality. Of course FG plan to raise the pension age further making old infirm people work till they die.
    You say you're middle aged, your body will have a much better chance to survive a savage beating than what an elderly senior citizen suffered in Roscommon.

It may be hamfisted to anyone with a reasonable level of intelligence but social media seems to make absolute retards out of people.

Plus when you have three or four elected representatives thinking a sit-in tonight in the bank is a good idea, I am getting worried that the country is becoming a haven for paranoid lunatics.

Tbh alot of the noise makers on social media probably won't vote or if they are voting it's for SF or PBP already. For SF to break through the barrier and get into government they need support from the middle classes, their stance on this situation siding with a sponger has damaged this. If you look at the TDs who took part in that sit in they are already fringe gob****es. For them it's free media exposure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,675 ✭✭✭hynesie08

That's your narrative which is based on state pension benefits, not based on reality.
    As proven, elderly is a person who is past middle age like an elderly senior citizen.

See above about 65, that was the state pension age which is not reflective of reality. Of course FG plan to raise the pension age further making old infirm people work till they die.
    You say you're middle aged, your body will have a much better chance to survive a savage beating than what an elderly senior citizen suffered in Roscommon.

Wait what, an elderly senior citizen was savagely beaten in Roscommon?? When did this happen?

Advertisement