Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Eejits that say this;
    BrookieD wrote: »
    Just took a sup of coffee and you made me spit it out laughing at this...

No you didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,352 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I think I listened to to much load music with earphones.(I had just got a new phone and I used it a lot.) I cut them out for a bit.

Other than tolerating very noisy neighbours, I tend toward quiet. No chance of loud headphone issues. Will have to get it checked out like you say, thanks freshpopcorn.

present ta: wonky sleep pattern refuses to regulate (this incessant ringing doesn't help the matter one bit)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

selous wrote: »
    My (old) folks getting phone calls from "Emily" about losing their internet connection (they don't have internet) if they don't press 1 now, 18 times in February and twice today, can be anytime from 8.30am - 7pm, it's from a Dublin number 294 - 295,
    its pi55ing them off, and Eir cant help.

Get them a referee's whistle

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The dog's new habit of waking me up between 8.30 and 9 on weekend mornings by sticking her face in mine and thumping her tail madly off the bed. Last three weeks in a row, she's done it. I need my lie-on, creature!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I got some update on my mobile phone, everything looks different and it keeps beeping stupid messages at me.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭Ryath

The tear tabs on food packaging that don't actually rip open and you still need to get a knife or scissors to open them!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

My kids football on the ALL WEATHER PITCH was cancelled because they thought it was going to rain. It didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Heavy rain :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Dropped the shopping bag and busted the eggs.
    Egg goo all over the other stuff in the bag.
    But on the positive side...nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Dropped the shopping bag and busted the eggs. Egg goo all over the other stuff in the bag. But on the positive side...nah.

Pour it out & make an omelette.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I'm dizzy as fcuk today since I woke up, no idea why.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,931 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

inforfun wrote: »

Big saucepan and a big metal spoon......

Know wor a meeeeyan pal....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Charlie Nicolas’s earring. It’s just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

inforfun wrote: »

Or just hang up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

People overtaking you and then pulling in and slowing down.
    Same car did this four times..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Please be kidding. :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Please be kidding. :eek:
    ^^^
    Apt user name, if I may say so. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Or do a Rocky on it and knock it back!

DescriptiveBronzeIbis-size_restricted.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

AllForIt wrote: »
    TA: Receipts that fade.

I've noticed this a lot recently now that I think of it. Just went though a box of receipts, most I don't think I'll need again. But that's the thing with receipts, you never know if your going to need them.

But most of them as I went through them have faded. I don't know what it is but the paper used for receipts seems 'glossier' than they used to be. I suspect cheaper ink and paper is being used.

Actually, it's not that trivial if one needs it for a refund or whatever.
    A lot of companies now have an option to email you the receipt. It's great because you'll never lose them and can print them if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    A lot of companies now have an option to email you the receipt. It's great because you'll never lose them and can print them if needed.

That's not why companies want your email address...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

This Lady Gaga-Bradley Cooper 'did they/didn't they' saga. Celeb gossip is undoubtedly the lowest form of news.

Besides, I'm surely not the only one who thinks the whole thing is off-putting. Bradley Cooper as the director, and by dint the casting agent I assume, hardly picked Gaga solely for her acting chops. And the fact she split from her fiance recently hasn't gotten the same negative reaction had the shoe been on the other foot and man ditched the woman.
    I'm so sick of hearing about the pair of them. The film wasn't original. It was a third time remake! You'd swear Bradley Cooper was James Cameron/Steven Spielberg the way they were pushing for all the awards.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I seem to be constantly peckish these last few days.
    I was craving cake (and I never buy cake unless for an occasion) but they didn’t have the one that was haunting me when I checked in Aldi.
    I’m currently cat-sitting at my parents house. There’s an easter egg in the fridge and crisps here too, agh!
    Watching a tv show and apple pie was mentioned and now I really want it. Had 4 slices of non slimming world friendly bread today and now cooking dinner.
    TA!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

mzungu wrote: »
    Or do a Rocky on it and knock it back!

DescriptiveBronzeIbis-size_restricted.gif

Gross 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

TA that I was singing out loud having a good time and someone tapped on my window and called me a crow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,352 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

One of those days when people talk at you all flipping day and you can't get away from their relentless chatter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Bredabe

To say my class pres didn't go well would be an understatement!
    TA, I have to read class feedback to finish the assessment which is now vital as I did so badly on the pres.

YEA! a complete fail at the pres, having to scramble around for enough marks just to pass and now I have to read 'feedback' from amateurs and the ones who dont like me.:rolleyes::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Roasters.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Having the hiccups.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Ray D'Arcy - 'nuff said

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

mzungu wrote: »
    Having the hiccups.

BOO!!

:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement