Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

pokemon go level.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Currently 100k through Level 30.

Jaysus, you get a right amount of stuff when levelling from 29 to 30 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

At lv31 from today.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Just hit 23 at the weekend, waiting til I get to 25 to get decent loot from the level up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

About 10k into level 24. Not so bothered about XP anymore as it seems so unattainable, but am making steady progress in the dex; 111 last night and a couple more in my next evolve session.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

30k into level 30!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

lv 32 now. 110/750k towards lv33. 750k... Niantic, Y U DO DIS?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'm on level 26, about 2/3 way to 27. I used to catch everything, every weedle and pidgey to evolve with a magic egg just to level up. I just can't be bothered with the grinding anymore. Probably the first level since 20 that I won't use a magic egg. I just do scans now and if there's anything I need I'll open pokemon. I still open it if I'm walking somewhere to get distance.
    124 in the dex with about 4 to evolve.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hit 32 yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

25 yesterday, lots of grinding down in Salthill but hey I'm getting lots of fresh air so not all bad..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

24 forever and couldn't care less about levelling up.

• Advertisement

24 forever and couldn't care less about levelling up.

There's no advantage. OK, your pokemon can go a bit higher, but really, if you're battling a gym or levelling one up it makes almost no difference. And the time it takes to catch and evolve all that vermin. If an eevee appears I might check it's cp, if it's really high I might catch it. Anything under 600 and I wouldn't even waste a ball.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Yeah, 700 is my minimum for Eevie, though I've never got one. I'll catch nothing outside of the five I need and maybe Snorlax otherwise.

Cienciano wrote: »
    There's no advantage. OK, your pokemon can go a bit higher, but really, if you're battling a gym or levelling one up it makes almost no difference. And the time it takes to catch and evolve all that vermin. If an eevee appears I might check it's cp, if it's really high I might catch it. Anything under 600 and I wouldn't even waste a ball.

Ah, the wild pokemon you find at lv 30 can be considerably stronger than lv 25, especially when you factor in evolving them as much as twice, you'll end up with far stronger mons with far less stardust and candy investment.

Lv30+ is where the gains get negligible.

Ah, the wild pokemon you find at lv 30 can be considerably stronger than lv 25, especially when you factor in evolving them as much as twice, you'll end up with far stronger mons with far less stardust and candy investment.

Lv30+ is where the gains get negligible.

The gains might be bigger, but the gains are fairly pointless. I can take down a gym at the moment with what I have, no need to grind catching and evolving god knows how many weedles and pidgeys to get to that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

Wow these levels are getting mad, just hit lvl 28 this evening, popped a lucky egg and got up to 140/300k , still got enough to make it worth popping another lucky egg, could make lvl 29 by tomorrow :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

CraigM84 wrote: »
    Wow these levels are getting mad, just hit lvl 28 this evening, popped a lucky egg and got up to 140/300k , still got enough to make it worth popping another lucky egg, could make lvl 29 by tomorrow :D
    Indeed. Hit Lvl 28 myself just after midnight with a lucky egg evolve. Currently 5K short of Lvl 29 due to double XP and catching every Pidgey/Rat I see.
    Should get a good portion towards Lvl 30 by Nov 30th.

Edit: caught a weedle at 0010 to push me over Lvl 29!!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Leveled up twice since the start of this event. Now on level 27, hopefully whatever they do for Christmas will give extra xp too!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

lvl 29, seen 141, caught 140.

popped another lucky egg, hit 29, few nice vaps, jolts, and flars :p

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Herself was a level behind me but one lucky egg and she's caught up.
    She had a ton of rats and pidgeys that she evolved. With the egg and also double points she raced through the level.

Hit level 28 with a magic egg at 11:35pm last night, set it off then so it was still going just after midnight so I could take advantage of the first catch and first stop of the day.

Thibk I'm gonna get a couple of storage upgrades and fill up on 12 candy evolves. The lucky egg runs are gonna be less productive now cos I've nearly got the dex filled so won't get the massive bonus for new evolves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭phog

Level 33, caught 137 seen 144

Just pushed myself over the line to level 30.
    143 caught 146 seen.
    No Dragonite yet, am 10 candy short.

And none of the baby pokemon hatched or seen yet either.

Thats my XP grinding over however. About level 25 I decided that 30 was my goal and I would stop at that. Its 500K XP to lvl 31 so I think its a good decision.

I'll still play but it will be to get better IV specimen's and gain candy/stardust for Gen 2 from here on in.

Pokemon caught; 4527
    Eggs hatched; 394
    KM walked; 549
    Pokestops; 5406

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Hit 29 myself today. Was thinking the same re lvl 30. Altho dex is done so fook all else bar the baby mons. Got igglybuff so far. Other than that interest is waning. Upped my gym game out of boredom but that's getting tedious now too.

I've hit lv 34.

Just the 1.25 million xp to lv 35 :pac:

phog wrote: »

Still on level 33. Caught 144 ( 2 baby Pokémon hatched)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Yeah, 700 is my minimum for Eevie, though I've never got one. I'll catch nothing outside of the five I need and maybe Snorlax otherwise.

Where are you even seeing these 700 cp eevee's?
    I'm at level 24, same as you and I just caught the highest one I've seen at 604cp ?

Rikand wrote: »
    I'm at level 24, same as you and I just caught the highest one I've seen at 604cp ?

Ive only started seeing c.700 Eevee's once I hit lvl 28. None with great IVs. They do however make monster Vaporeons.
    Currently at lvl 30 and got half a dozen >700CP ready for Gen 2.

Rikand wrote: »

I have 13 evevees, 12 of them are over 700cp. Of the 12 is 804 cp

• Registered Users Posts: 18 searching the sun

Level 31... could be 32 if I used up the evolutions I have ready combined with lucky eggs....but I am keeping them all for when double xp event comea..if ever... the only way I use them before is if it would make me hit level 40....

• Advertisement

Still on level 33. Caught 144 ( 2 baby Pokémon hatched)

Finally got up to Level 34;)

Advertisement