Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Gaeltacht Course?

Options
  • 16-09-2008 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My daughter is in 5th year & is looking for your suggestions for the best Gaeltacht course for next summer. She wants to go somewhere that the "Labhair Gaeilge" rule will be strictly enforced, but she'd also like to enjoy herself !
    Any experience of really good courses?
    Go raibh míle maith agaibh.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭jw297

Hi,
    I went to Colaiste Laichtin Naofa on Inis Oirr a few years ago, and learned a lot (now sadly forgotten a lot again). There was a 'caught three times speaking english and you're out' rule, which meant that there was definitely Irish spoken around the teachers, but its up to yourself how much effort is put in during spare time. When I did my mock oral exam before the Leaving Cert, the examiner said he could tell I'd been to the Gaeltacht for a while, which I guess is a good recommendation.
    It was also really good fun and a great atmosphere. It's a beautiful location too. Some of my friends went to a college in Carraroe, I think, and said it was very strict and not much fun, but good for learning Irish. I may have that wrong though, but it was definitely one of the ones in Co. Galway.
    Hope you find a good course.

Advertisement