Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Odelay

Five families 28 kids, not really a womb dragging scenario in fairness.

It’s 28 kids more than I can afford, and I’m paying for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

You just know it's a load of Sh1te, one doesn't even have to read the article.

They want anything and everything they can get.

Scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Quazzie wrote: »
    A mate of mine who is a manager in Aldi told me that it is Aldi policy to not stop a child if they are walking out of the store with unpaid goods. The reason being that it isn't worth the hassle of dealing with them. It could be the same thing with travelers.

Makes mental note to train the minions Fagan style so as to avoid weekly grocery shopping bills.
    Does this apply to the specials too? Cos they had a Fab hot tub last year that would look good in my back garden. Might have to get the neighbors kids in to help with that though as it could be heavy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Makes mental note to train the minions Fagan style so as to avoid weekly grocery shopping bills.
    Does this apply to the specials too? Cos they had a Fab hot tub last year that would look good in my back garden. Might have to get the neighbors kids in to help with that though as it could be heavy ;)

That's where the whole cultural thing of having 27 children comes in handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

tretorn wrote: »
    Balgaddy looks like a horrible dive and I cant imagine looking over your garden wall too see twenty eight children and ten adults living in caravans with about ten ugly dogs.

Hey now, leave the dogs out of it.

• Advertisement

Imagine what the cleaning up is going to be like and the cost.

A nuke wouldn't even fix it.

Imagine what the cleaning up is going to be like and the cost.

A nuke wouldn't even fix it.

A nuke mightn't, but the good old idiotic taxpayer will.

Gravelly wrote: »
    A nuke mightn't, but the good old idiotic taxpayer will.

I would love for our journalists to actually go out and publish what travellers are really about.

Show the aftermath and the animal abuse among the child abuse they call culture.

I'm sick to death of what they get away with.

I would love for our journalists to actually go out and publish what travellers are really about.

Show the aftermath and the animal abuse among the child abuse they call culture.

I'm sick to death of what they get away with.

Will never happen. Travellers are, like immigrants, untouchable as far as our so-called journalists are concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Newstalk are discussing the 3 families (30 children between them) above being evicted. A big boo hoo interview

• Advertisement

Newstalk are discussing the 3 families (30 children between them) above being evicted. A big boo hoo interview

Interviewer sounds like he got his playschool degree in journalism this week.

Just once I'd like a journo to ask, ok if we give you a site with free utilities;
    1. what guarantees can you give that you won't wreck the place?
    2. what guarantees can you give that you won't negatively effect the community around you?

Interviewer sounds like he got his playschool degree in journalism this week.

Just once I'd like a journo to ask, ok if we give you a site with free utilities;
    1. what guarantees can you give that you won't wreck the place?
    2. what guarantees can you give that you won't negatively effect the community around you?

Shure that'd be racist boss, just pay up and shut up, like always.

Imagine the stress on the council workers and Gardai.....

Pharmacies will be cleaning up later with all the pain killers been bought after dealing with that lot.

Bet all the kids aren't even in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Eviction stand-off between council and traveller families with up to 30 children

Mr Joyce said that council officials, a private security firm and members of the gardai were outside the location this morning ready to go in – but this didn’t happen.

He said that it is the families understanding that if they move to another piece of public land they will be evicted.

“This is all in the backdrop of a national accommodation crisis.”

He pointed out that without their caravans, the families would be homeless.

He said: “They are not asking the council to provide housing or a site tomorrow, what they are asking is that the council consider the situation they are in on humanitarian grounds.

“If families are in tents and they are homeless, do you go out and evict families that are homeless? You don’t. What you do is you go out on humanitarian grounds to understand why they are there.”

Martin Doherty (44) told Independent.ie that he has eight children who are living on site. “They are ranging in age from 16 down to 16 months old.

“My big worry from here is if we have to go out of here today, we will have to pull along the paths because there is no other place for the caravans and the kids will go out on the road and they will be knocked down.”

He said where they are at the moment is a safe place.

He added that there are very “decent people” living in the area and the kids are settled into school.

“If they give me any temporary place to move into, I will gladly move in. Anywhere in any direction, any location around here,” he added.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/eviction-standoff-between-council-and-traveller-families-with-up-to-30-children-37702418.html

This story made the news at lunchtime

Pity the council officials, a private security firm and members of the gardai didn't move in and kick them out

"Nice" to see Bernard Joyce stick his head above the parapet. He's a lot quieter when anything negative comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Whats your income on the dole with 8 kids?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Whats your income on the dole with 8 kids?

Do you mean 7 kids? That's what she has unless she is expecting another I don't know about

About €36k a year untaxed + whatever her temporary accommodation is costing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

“My big worry from here is if we have to go out of here today, we will have to pull along the paths because there is no other place for the caravans and the kids will go out on the road and they will be knocked down.”

I've seen first hand the mess these animals have created along this road. They have the neighbors terrorised. Laughable that they threw that line in about the kids attending school - The same kids going around trying door handles all day. Cretins. Like they give a **** about “safety”.

Expected more from the media on this, creating a sob story out of a load of criminal degenerates. A family of criminals with a history of causing trouble around the country. Its mind boggling.

Scum of the earth!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

I've seen first hand the mess these animals have created along this road. They have the neighbors terrorised. Laughable that they threw that line in about the kids attending school - The same kids going around trying door handles all day. Cretins. Like they give a **** about “safety”.

Expected more from the media on this, creating a sob story out of a load of criminal degenerates. A family of criminals with a history of causing trouble around the country. Its mind boggling.

Scum of the earth!

A friend of mine is a farmer, and has a policy that whenever he encounters travellers on his land, he approaches them while cradling his shotgun.

It has minimised his hassle from them, and it helps that all the local farmers club together when confronting them.

They were there illegally from the start, stop having kids or football size ones that seems the norm.

Why I am working to pay for their lifestyle is beyond me.

Some nice caravans, vans and cars.

Amazing how unemployed can afford all that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

tuxy wrote: »
    Do you mean 7 kids?

No 8...this guy:
    KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Martin Doherty (44) told Independent.ie that he has eight children who are living on site. “They are ranging in age from 16 down to 16 months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Margaret's thoughts on the Roscommon hotel fire

"I really dont tink dis is fair. Us IRISH forget dat during the famming thousands of IRISH had to flee. DONT 4GET WER U CAME FROM. Its not des peoples fault. U wanna blame sum1 blame LEO and the rest of the goverment. People plz wake up we DONT have a houseing crises we have a HOMELESS crises. Ders a big difference."

"I really dont tink dis is fair. Us IRISH forget dat during the famming thousands of IRISH had to flee. DONT 4GET WER U CAME FROM. Its not des peoples fault. U wanna blame sum1 blame LEO and the rest of the goverment. People plz wake up we DONT have a houseing crises we have a HOMELESS crises. Ders a big difference."

The Famming sounds like it could be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,975 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Amazing how unemployed can afford all that.

Amazing how CAB will take on the top drug lords but not the travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

" U wanna blame sum1 blame LEO and the rest of the goverment.''

I see she's changed her tune. Refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

NIMAN wrote: »
    Amazing how CAB will take on the top drug lords but not the travellers.
    You are wrong there. Check out the Sheridan Tarmac crew and some of the Walls. They all had a visit from the Cabbies

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭holliehobbie

How is a Syrian fleeing a war comparable to Maggie and her troop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

How is a Syrian fleeing a war comparable to Maggie and her troop?

Likely the Syrians would be grateful and try make a life for themselves ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭arctictree

I'd love to see her CV!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

arctictree wrote:
    I'd love to see her CV!

It's nice that you think she is interested in creating one to try and get a job.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement