Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20% Off plus Free ROI Shipping West Cork Coffee

• 18-03-2020 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Availed of this yesterday, good option if you can’t get out to buy beans.

Prefer Badger and Dodo generally but at this price WCC is good

https://www.westcorkcoffee.ie/

Discount applied automatically at checkout

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Thanks for this - actually looking to make a purchase as will be at home the next few weeks (months :-() Anything you would recommend there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Thanks for this - actually looking to make a purchase as will be at home the next few weeks (months :-() Anything you would recommend there?

Great roaster, the Bolivia Hernan Quispe, Kenya Gicherori, and Ethiopia Ibrahim Hussein are great. Big fan of WCC here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

I’ve tried most of their Colombian and Brazilian range and was impressed.

I’ve always preferred Badger and dodo down here in Cork but WCC is growing on me. Plus I don’t see many others doing discounts right now so important to support those that do.

We’re already out of the 250 bag i got last week so I think a kilo this time :)

Just put through an order for the Brazilian and the Colombian Finca el Nivel - thanks guys!

A nice treat to look forward to in these time :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Darrener

Just had a delivery of the Ethiopian Adado ..roasted yesterday ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭Glebee

13 euro for 227g bag of coffee. Bit much for me im afraid. Even with discount and free shipping is over 10euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Glebee wrote: »
    13 euro for 227g bag of coffee. Bit much for me im afraid. Even with discount and free shipping is over 10euro.

Fairly standard prices for single origins and from an independent roaster to be honest. It's not your lower end coffee that you'd pick up in a supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Fairly standard prices for single origins and from an independent roaster to be honest. It's not your lower end coffee that you'd pick up in a supermarket.

I mainly buy supermarket coffee (Lavazza, etc.) but given restrictions currently, am considering trying coffee such as this as both a treat and as a way of getting coffee without going to the shops.

Having gone through lots of various coffee makers, I am left now with a moka pot and French press - will this coffee make a difference in such basic equipment?

The 1kg bags are a good bit cheaper 33-35 euro and then with the 20% off it's a very good deal imo, €13 for 227g is pricier than I normally spend alright so given I am using a lot more at the moment plus the 20% off deal I could not pass up the opportunity!

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Akula

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    will this coffee make a difference in such basic equipment?

Absolutely yes. Basic methods, but still great ways of making them!

• Advertisement

Glebee wrote: »

I got a 227 bag delivered for 9.60, are you sure about the 10 euro free shipping? They may have changed it

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    I mainly buy supermarket coffee (Lavazza, etc.) but given restrictions currently, am considering trying coffee such as this as both a treat and as a way of getting coffee without going to the shops.

Having gone through lots of various coffee makers, I am left now with a moka pot and French press - will this coffee make a difference in such basic equipment?

I use a Moka pot; works fine, beautiful cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

Used to get it a lot but I find WCC a bit overroasted. Wish he would make lighter roasts specifically for pour over.

I've just started on their Peru Jaen and it's a lighter/medium roast as far as I can see - but I do use it for espresso so can't comment on other methods.

Edit: Just hit the Brazil this morning - wow - like a big mug of chocolate :-) :-) Beautiful!
    https://www.westcorkcoffee.ie/shop/sertao

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Got my delivery this morning - delicious coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Just got mine delivered this morning
    1kg of East Timor Duhoho, roast date yesterday!

Lovely coffee. Thanks OP

Offer ending in a few days....got myself another key

Advertisement