Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

parc wrote: »
    Ok I remember seeing this moving years ago but I can't remember the name. It was made in the 1940-60s but it's in colour. It's basically the following:
    • Set in maybe the 18th or 19th century in an English town/village
    • There this girl. Half her face is pretty, half is badly scarred/burned. She keeps hair down over one side of it
    • She meets this guy who she falls in love with
    • There's these three hoodloms that go around the town and terrorise everyone. They're really posh and carry canes/wear top hats
    • The get drunk and start singing outside of the girls window of how she's really ugly and will never find anyone
    • The girls kills herself I think
    • They guys go to a pub, get really drunk, get in a fight with the owner, kill him and frame the guy that got off with the girl
    • A mad scientist brings the girl back to life and then she goes after the posh hoodlums and kills them or scares them to death I think

The plot goes something like that. I've googled a description of it but can't find it. Let me know if anyone knows it. Cheers!

Frankenstein Created Woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bhk123

looking for documentry series on martial arts

probably 2000-2006

i think 1 host (martial artist) traveling the world to see all kinds of styles

and in the episode in korea at the end he preformed a 720 kick

i think the title might have the word "travel"

p.s.- i dont think its "fight quest" or " human weapon"

Tnx!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭brian_t

bhk123 wrote: »
    looking for documentry series on martial arts

probably 2000-2006

i think 1 host (martial artist) traveling the world to see all kinds of styles

and in the episode in korea at the end he preformed a 720 kick

i think the title might have the word "travel"

p.s.- i dont think its "fight quest" or " human weapon"

Tnx!

There's Mind, Body & Kick Ass Moves (BBC3) from 2004

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind,_Body_%26_Kick_Ass_Moves

http://rizsmartialartstraining.blogspot.ie/2009/03/top-5-martial-arts-documentary-series.html

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bhk123

no, its not "mind body and kickass moves"

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭scano.ie

Looking for the name of a movie about hidden treasure in old house which is found when the sun shines through glass. For some reason I think it stars Jodie foster in it but could be completely wrong. Any help would be great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

There's a Sticky thread for help identifying films so you'd be better posting your question there.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055692262

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Sounds like Candleshoe, a disney movie from 1977

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

hoff1 wrote: »
    Cant rem the name of this film it was years ago, all I can rem is it was about a man who was framed by his wife by finding his prints on the knife she used to comit sucide . Any help
    anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ianhmoore

anyone?
    Sounds a bit like "The Life Of David Gale", except the prints were on a bag she was suffocated with.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hoff1

no thats not it I think it was made in the nineties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 osdgskldg

Looking for a movie where a king is in danger so a look alike takes his place. I think I can remember 2 scenes in the beginning iirc. The first is a giant chess set. The second is a woman expecting to have sex with the king but becomes surprised when the look alike declines.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

osdgskldg wrote: »
    Looking for a movie where a king is in danger so a look alike takes his place. I think I can remember 2 scenes in the beginning iirc. The first is a giant chess set. The second is a woman expecting to have sex with the king but becomes surprised when the look alike declines.
    History of the world part 1
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082517/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 osdgskldg2

History of the world part 1
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082517/

That's it! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

anyone?

Sounds a bit like Double Jeopardy, but in that it's a woman who is framed by her husband.

The only other 90's film I can think of is Presumed Innocent starring Harrison Ford

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

looking for a film where i think four young girls are burnt alive in a church in a racially motivated attack, and a son realises that it may well be his father who did it. set in the southern states of america possibly Louisiana something like that. Caught this film one night but never got a name as i missed the start. any help much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,654 ✭✭✭brian_t

ManOnFire wrote: »
    looking for a film where i think four young girls are burnt alive in a church in a racially motivated attack, and a son realises that it may well be his father who did it. set in the southern states of america possibly Louisiana something like that. Caught this film one night but never got a name as i missed the start. any help much appreciated!

Sins of the Father

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sins_of_the_Father_(TV_film)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0295613/

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

B & W film maybe 50's or 60's. European, subtitled. About a man who tries to open up a small hotel but gangsters come to take protection money and smash it up. Not much to go on but...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 paddyapp

Can anyone hep me to find the name of a film I saw in the early sixties. It was about the Allies invasion on D Day. It started with a scene where a man in the desert was chased and shot by German soldier in a jeep. They got documents on his body which misled the Germans as to the location of the invasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

paddyapp wrote: »
    Can anyone hep me to find the name of a film I saw in the early sixties. It was about the Allies invasion on D Day. It started with a scene where a man in the desert was chased and shot by German soldier in a jeep. They got documents on his body which misled the Germans as to the location of the invasion.

The Longest Day perhaps?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056197/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

The Man Who Never Was would fit the picture except the body was washed up on a beach and it involved the invasion of Sicily. True story and worth a watch anyway.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049471/

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭upncmnhistori

I hope I haven't dreamed this up because I know for a fact it was reviewed on the movie show back in the early 90's (unless I am clearly wrong) but here goes and I hope film buffs can help me out. A scene was shown on the movie show with Dave Fanning were a woman goes to something like a bookstore or library and all of a sudden becomes a giant. I know there is also a scene were a the 'giant woman' is in a man's pool. Funny how those scenes have stuck with me for years! I either dreamt this up or it was a rare movie. Please help movie buffs! It would be perhaps around 1992-early 1994 it was in cinemas.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭upncmnhistori

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCY3EU2zWI4

Its ok I just found it - called 'Attack of the 50 foot women' (1993)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Film about 5 WWII American airmen sitting around the wreckage of their crashed bomber in a desert.
    A rescue team arrives but can't see or hear the airmen, turns out they all died in the crash and are ghosts.
    The rescue team finds the bodies one by one and the ghosts disappear all except for one as his body is under the tail of the aircraft and isn't found so he's left there alone.

CPL 593H

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Sole Survivor with William Shatner.

Thanks for that, but I clearly remember a man being shot after a chase in the desert. Also I recall a scene where a German in a lookout post first saw the allied fleet approaching. Also a scene where a paratrooper was suspended from a church spire etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Sole Survivor with William Shatner.

That's the one, thanks!

CPL 593H

Thanks, I think you may be correct. I must view the film. I was less tan 10 years when I last saw it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Blue850

paddyapp wrote: »
    . Also a scene where a paratrooper was suspended from a church spire etc.

Thats a scene from The Longest Day, Red Buttons character gets trapped on a church steeple as the rest of his unit is killed by the Germans, based on a real paratrooper's story

Paratrooper John Steele

• Advertisement

Thank you very much Blue850, I have not seen this film since i saw it as a child. I am no 56 !. I am looking forward to seeing it again.

Best Regards to all who sent replies.

Advertisement