Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coffee Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Are the delivery problems people mentioned recently still an issue?

you can't rely on anything at the moment imo

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

Are the delivery problems people mentioned recently still an issue?

I ordered some coffee from Bell Lane on Tuesday afternoon and it has arrived an hour ago via DPD. When I ordered, they where doing free shipping too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

zeris wrote: »
    I ordered some coffee from Bell Lane on Tuesday afternoon and it has arrived an hour ago via DPD. When I ordered, they where doing free shipping too.

Same here, two days from order till delivery. I love free shipping....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

zeris wrote: »

Sorry I meant Bailies specifically re delivery - I remember a few posts a couple of months ago saying subscriptions were very late or iirc not arriving at all and had to be resent etc.

Enjoy the Bell Lane - they are one of my favourites :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Sorry I meant Bailies specifically re delivery - I remember a few posts a couple of months ago saying subscriptions were very late or iirc not arriving at all and had to be resent etc.

Enjoy the Bell Lane - they are one of my favourites :-)

I ordered a kilo of beans from Bailies on Friday evening and had them on Tuesday so no issue this week anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Is there anywhere Northside of Dublin to go and collect beans? I had a delivery from 3FE meant to arrive yesterday but no sign of it. Don't want to be without coffee over the weekend.

not sure of any coffee shops are still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Richard Roma

Raoul wrote: »
    Is there anywhere Northside of Dublin to go and collect beans? I had a delivery from 3FE meant to arrive yesterday but no sign of it. Don't want to be without coffee over the weekend.

Cloudpicker

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Cloudpicker

The cafe on Pearse Street closed almost two weeks ago.

Most cafes have shut up shop now and are only doing online orders, below are a couple that haven't put out any social media announcements that they've closed yet so might be worth a shout.

Urbanity were doing takeaway but it was only Monday to Friday and I'm not sure they'll be reopening again after this weekend.

Legit Coffee Co on Meath Street were doing takeaway too but again no word yet on if they'll continue, might be worth ringing in the morning

First Draft Coffee and Wine on Sussex Street were open and had bags of roastedbrown might be worth ringing too.

Cloudpicker still delivering. They could easily be still doing collection from their roastery, which is somewhere around Sheriff Street.
    The cafe on Pearse Street closed almost two weeks ago.

Most cafes have shut up shop now and are only doing online orders, below are a couple that haven't put out any social media announcements that they've closed yet so might be worth a shout.

Urbanity were doing takeaway but it was only Monday to Friday and I'm not sure they'll be reopening again after this weekend.

Legit Coffee Co on Meath Street were doing takeaway too but again no word yet on if they'll continue, might be worth ringing in the morning

First Draft Coffee and Wine on Sussex Street were open and had bags of roastedbrown might be worth ringing too.

• Advertisement

Cloudpicker still delivering. They could easily be still doing collection from their roastery, which is somewhere around Sheriff Street.

They moved the roastery to Crumlin about a year ago, and haven't been doing collection, they did last weekend for a couple of hours as they were selling off kilo bags but everything's online since.

Plenty of roasters doing online orders but not much use to the poster as he's looking to pick up beans the weekend.....

They moved the roastery to Crumlin about a year ago, and haven't been doing collection, they did last weekend for a couple of hours as they were selling off kilo bags but everything's online since.

Plenty of roasters doing online orders but not much use to the poster as he's looking to pick up beans the weekend.....

I know he’s looking to collect which is why I suggested he contact Cloudpicker just in case they facilitate pick-up from roastery.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Top of Stannaway Road.

20% off coffee at Bell Lane!
    Thanks20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Any suggestions for Bell Lane? I have Supernova in my head but I can't remember why.

EDIT: Couldn't wait in case I forgot - thanks for the code caviardreams!

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Any suggestions for Bell Lane? I have Supernova in my head but I can't remember why.

EDIT: Couldn't wait in case I forgot - thanks for the code caviardreams!

I really like most of their blends (the ocean one didn't do much for me though!) Personal faves are Black Tie and Dragonfly, but Moondust is very nice too.

Enjoy whatever you got anyway :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Breakfast Bar Filter for me, closest I can get to American diner coffee!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

What’s cloud picker coffee like? Eyeing up Nicaragua (La Estrella)

yeah it's very nice worth a gander

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Akula

mad m wrote: »

I'm a fan. Haven't tried that one though..... Only offer I've seen them running is for older roast dates though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Get your orders in: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8174213/Price-coffee-set-RISE-countries-stockpile-beans-amid-fears-coronavirus-hit-supply.html

Apparently their is a serious container shortage problem ATM, which isn't helping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

mad m wrote: »

Cloudpicker SAM is my favourite coffee have 3 250g boxes of it and ordered 1kg (25% discount cos older roasting date) beans off them last Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

cnocbui wrote: »
    Get your orders in: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8174213/Price-coffee-set-RISE-countries-stockpile-beans-amid-fears-coronavirus-hit-supply.html

Apparently their is a serious container shortage problem ATM, which isn't helping.

Meh, I'd rather hear this from my roaster friends or a source that isn't Daily Mail before I worry.

cnocbui wrote: »

Daily mail article only uses Brazil as a reference. I'll survive without any Brazilian blends or single origins!

In all seriousness, I'd imagine a lot of roasters will still have plenty of green beans in stock. It can take weeks if not months between ordering green beans from origin to them landing. And since green beans can last for around a year or so without losing flavour a lot of places will stock up on certain varieties.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Daily mail article only uses Brazil as a reference. I'll survive without any Brazilian blends or single origins!

In all seriousness, I'd imagine a lot of roasters will still have plenty of green beans in stock. It can take weeks if not months between ordering green beans from origin to them landing. And since green beans can last for around a year or so without losing flavour a lot of places will stock up on certain varieties.

Well that's great to know. Glad to know the supply chain is fine and I was responding to a false alarm. I'll be on my way then.
    Even Coffee Supplies Under Threat Amid Global Transport Woes
    [Bloomberg]
    Isis Almeida
    BloombergMarch 20, 2020
    Even Coffee Supplies Under Threat Amid Global Transport Woes

(Bloomberg) -- Some of the world’s largest coffee traders are bracing for supply-chain disruptions as the coronavirus pandemic threatens to cause delays to ports and other transport operations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

Gotta give thumbs up to bell Lane ordered 2 bags from them Sunday evening arrived by DPD this morning.

First time ordering from them so no idea on the coffee yet but can't fault the service.

They have a 20% off using thanks20 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

sioda wrote: »
    Gotta give thumbs up to bell Lane ordered 2 bags from them Sunday evening arrived by DPD this morning.

First time ordering from them so no idea on the coffee yet but can't fault the service.

They have a 20% off using thanks20 as well.

Very nice coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

The kilo of beans I ordered Monday from Cloudpicker arrived just now from Fastway couriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Saw tins of Illy ground espresso in Tesco for 5.50 last Saturday, down from 8.99 I think. Not sure how long it lasts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Saw tins of Illy ground espresso in Tesco for 5.50 last Saturday, down from 8.99 I think. Not sure how long it lasts

Over roasted mediocre coffee imo. And its ground.

I do like the tins though. Have a kinda retro feel to them.

Advertisement