Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ariosa Coffee

• 15-01-2020 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Got a Delonghi esam 4200 for Xmas and absolutely love it. Big step up from my dolce gusto!!! Skyway I’ve been using Lavazza beans and I really like them despite a lot in this forum not agreeing.

Anyway a friend recommended Ariosa and they’re actually based in Ashbourne where’s I live. I hadn’t heard of them and I’m willing to try them but at €16 a bag of 500g beans it can be expensive doing the trial and error method!!! Don’t want to be buying bags of beans, having one cup and wanting to try an alternative.

So has anyone used these before?

http://www.ariosacoffee.com/shop/product.php?s=espresso-blend-2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I use their beans at home and like their blends - especially the espresso blend you linked to. Tried some Java Republic blends first but just wasn’t enjoying it.

The local cafe uses and sells small and big bags of Ariosa beans (250g and 1kg) and that put me onto their coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I am not a huge fan, but just my personal taste I am sure. Definitely worth a try. As above you can buy 250g. You may find that it takes a bit of time to get settings right for your taste with a new bean, so even with a coffee that you like there may be a few sink shots early on. Perhaps it's an idea to try their coffee in a coffee shop first? I know French bakery in applewood, Swords use their beans along with Ariosa in Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Thanks all. I should have updated earlier. I found a local coffee shop who serves it. Wasn’t overly impressed. It was ok. Wouldn’t be buying bags of it based on that experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭megaten

16 for 500g (so 8 for 250g) sounds about right for nicer coffees to be honest. I think the hosue belnd I usually buy from coffee angel is a similar price, around 8.50 for a 250g bag I think.

Nick's coffee in Ranelagh is the cheapest that I know of for freshly roasted beans with their "Sweet Expresso"

It's pretty decent if a little mild for some maybe.

€6 for 250g, €22 for a kilo.

although often are out of the 250g bags.

you get a free coffee with two smaller bags or one of the 1kg ones.

just make sure that the roasting date is not too far back or your lose the benefit of buying fresh beans. e.g. for espresso machines - best 10 days after roasting to 30 days.

Anyone got any other decent value freshly roasted recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Looking at ordering coffee online given current shopping limitations, and realised Ariosa are very close by. Offering free delivery too. Are their coffees generally well regarded, looking particularly at espresso blend

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭blackis200

They use the average weight protocol for filling their bags to stated weight.
    I buy 1kg bags and have not yet received a bag on or over the 1000g net weight mark.
    It's amazing what you can get away with using the average weight system.
    All said, the coffee is quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭megaten

I got a bag of their cabin fever beans a while back and they weren't bad. Prefer 250g bags though so I can switch up what coffee I'm drinking more often.

Advertisement