Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tassimo recycling

• 01-03-2020 2:14am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone done this with JDE yet? Seems to be new-ish as I couldn't find any reference to it as recently as December but I may have been stuck down a Terracycle rabbit hole as thats what they do in the UK

https://www.tassimo.com/ie/recycling

My main concern is the idea of putting 100 discs in an *envelope* - even 100 standard discs would be a bit large for an envelope; but we go through quite a lot of hot chocolate double-height discs as well.

mywaste.ie claim 32 discs is the minimum but I'd have to take JDEs word for it rather than someone elses site. And I do have a Deliverybox that can take slightly larger outbound post than a postbox slot.

Obviously they'd have no clue who someone sending under the 100 to them actually was, but still... What seemed to be the complete lack of recyclability nearly put me off getting the system but nothing else does hot chocolate or milk based things as simply and simple is required at 7am!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Much as I hate bouncing threads... I've now got an IKEA box - one that's half height and full depth for a Kallax cube, so not small - basically full of tdiscs and there's only 60 in it. Plenty are double height admittedly so its ~100 single height in volume.

There is absolutely no way of getting "an envelope" to take this volume... going to just get the next suitable cardboard box and cram as many in as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

thanks for posting I hadnt heard about this. It will take me a while to accumulate 100 but I'm glad there are options for disposal. I wouldnt worry about the size, they will get charged for it and you won't so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Never knew about this either, thanks for letting us know.

If you're using the double pods then 50 would surely be fine to post off in fairness, they cost double.

I wait until I have a load of the single ones and then open them and use the grounds for the garden and recycle the rest in the blue bin.

The different coloured ones make great targets for rifle practice.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Local post office didn't balk at two rather large boxes - those from beer slabs I'd got delivered - with the Tassimo return label stuck to them. Just need to deal with the post office queues for that.

Biggest "envelope" I could find could only take about 20 pods!

Advertisement