Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo place in Galway

• 19-02-2011 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

What's the best place in Galway city to get a tattoo. It's just a wrist tattoo but I still want the best!

And what would the average price be? It's only about 1.5 inch by .75 inch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

G's Tattoo are good, down shop street.
    Got both of mine done in there and really happy with both.
    No idea about price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Cool thanks.. Have already booked an appointment in Irish Ink but heard a few things about them so want to go elsewhere..

Saw's G's website earlier and it seems good..! :) Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

G's Tattoo are good, down shop street.
    Got both of mine done in there and really happy with both.
    No idea about price though.

Is there more than one person who tattoos in there? If so which did you go to? I'm thinking of getting a tattoo and I'm in Galway too so I'm trying to decide where to go. G's and Custom Tattoo have both been recommended to me, but I don't know which to go with.

OP, I would definitely cancel that Irish Ink appointment if I were you, a few people I know have been tattooed in there and most of them look quite bad. They have wobbly lines and patches and are just generally a bit crap.

I went to Jr.
    He did my main tattoo, meant a lot, have been planing it since 15 and couldn't have been happier with it.
    I'm sure there are a few other artists in there so just ask for portfolios.
    My mate got a tattoo in Custom and the colouring was amazing. Tough choice but who ever you go for it will be quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭NikNakOoo

There's a new place called AWOL thats opening soon... just quickly checked out their facebook profile and it looks pretty good (but then I'm a sucker for tiger tattoos and there's quite a few good ones on there.)

In my opinion you shouldn't really be focusing on the place rather than the artists- have a look around at each artistc portfolios before deciding if they are the right artist for you. :)

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone..! :) Going to defo cancel Irish Ink and book with G's..! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

i would personally say custom tattoo or victor tattoo. have seem some g's work that i was quite unimpressed by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭baldshin

As above, I'd say Victors or Custom.
    I have a tattoo from gs, not well done for a simple job, personally I'd steer clear.
    Have 2 tattoos by Shane who will be in AWOL, simple enough tattoos, but done well.
    And after getting my half sleeve done by Sean in custom, I'll probably never go anywhere else.
    Victors portfolio and studio is excellent too.

Hey guys... Am I right in thinking that Custom is the same as Inkfingers? And that it's located near Victors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Hey guys... Am I right in thinking that Custom is the same as Inkfingers? And that it's located near Victors?

yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

my sister and her husband to someguy named Jr in galway.
    he has a page on orkut

his work seems realy good ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭liz2000

Cool thanks.. Have already booked an appointment in Irish Ink but heard a few things about them so want to go elsewhere..

Saw's G's website earlier and it seems good..! :) Thanks again!

WELL MISS CIARA, U SHOULD LET IRISH INK KNOW THAT U ARE CANCELLING AS WE ARE A BUSY STUDIO AND REALLY DONT APPRECIATE PEOPLE BOOKING APPOINTMENTS AND THEN NOT SHOWING UP, SORRY TO HEAR THAT SOME OF U HAVE BAD OPINIONS ABOUT US, BUT WE HAVE BEEN GOING STRONG FOR THE LAST 17 YEARS

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

liz2000 wrote: »
    WELL MISS CIARA, U SHOULD LET IRISH INK KNOW THAT U ARE CANCELLING AS WE ARE A BUSY STUDIO AND REALLY DONT APPRECIATE PEOPLE BOOKING APPOINTMENTS AND THEN NOT SHOWING UP, SORRY TO HEAR THAT SOME OF U HAVE BAD OPINIONS ABOUT US, BUT WE HAVE BEEN GOING STRONG FOR THE LAST 17 YEARS
    Liz please do not type all in capitals. If you'd read the rest of Ciara's posts she did say she was cancelling:
    Thanks everyone..! :) Going to defo cancel Irish Ink and book with G's..! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 alanamcd

im only 16 and do they do tattoos in G tatoos in galway do you know? with parents consent of course? and is G's the best place to get it, i just want a small simple one! :D:D some advice would be great

I highly doubt G's would tattoo a minor, best to ring up and ask the different parlors around the city.
    Twud be wise not to get a tattoo until you reach 18 though but that's a whole other kettle of fish really and I don't care all that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Banjara

Ditto to the last post. FYI, a friend's son who is 17 and has parental consent was turned away from all studios mentioned above. He's only a few months off 18, so he has decided to wait it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MissMoppet

I've had all my work done in AWOL and they're really good. Would recommend Angus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 afireinside

Would definitely steer clear of Irish Ink, seen lots of shoddy work, and I was in there not too long ago for a consult with a French artist and you could sow spuds under his fingernails...not a good sign

I'd recommend G's or Inkfingers or Galway Bay Tattoo without a doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MissMoppet

you could sow spuds under his fingernails...

Ewwww.. Thats reallly reallly disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

alanamcd wrote: »
    im only 16 and do they do tattoos in G tatoos in galway do you know? with parents consent of course? and is G's the best place to get it, i just want a small simple one! :D:D some advice would be great

No way will they do it for you when your 16, they wouldn't pierce my lip in there for me without parental consent a month before my 18th birthday.

Nowhere decent will tattoo a minor, even with parental consent. I do know of one place in Galway that some of my friends got tattoos in when they were underage and most of them look pretty awful, so I really wouldn't recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 GreenFaery

I had a few tattoos done when I was underage. In Galway. If I could go back I'd wait til I turned 18. The things you're interested in at the age of 16 won't be the same when you're a lot older. Thankfully, I love all my tattoos.

But seriously, kid, don't do it!

P.S Moonflower? Is that you Sorcha? It's Jo!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

It's really an artist by artist industry. Sean Ricketts, Joe Westcott(ink fingers custom tattoo), Stephen Kennedy(Galway bay tattoo) and Victor (owner of Victors)

These are,in my experienced opinion, the best tattoo artists in Galway based solely on their public portfolios I've seen in their shops and on their Facebook fan pages. There may be others but they don't document their work very well and should consider doing so in order to stand out.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

I personally didn't go on recommendations when I was getting my tattoo. I scoured the internet looking for portfolios and went into a few shops to nose, basically. I ended up picking Inkfingers, with Sean in mind because his examples of what I wanted were amazing. I ended up with Joe (I actually didn't see his portfolio, until after I made the appointment!). Anyway, my tattoo is AMAZING. I'm picky as HELL and I can't find one fault with it.

What I'm trying to say is, I know some people are biased (I know I'll probably go back to Joe/Sean for my next tattoo), but if you find a good place, like the ones mentioned and pick who you think would do the best job on your tattoo.

Advertisement