Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Compact tractor advice

• 12-04-2014 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi all back again coming from a green keeping background I like the compact tractors for landscaping work etc. where I used to work was jd and kubota golf tractors. V expensive. I've found a deutz agrokid 55 hp 2006 600 hrs no cab excellent condition. He wants 11k for it. Anyone know anything about these pros cons etc. ta in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭enricoh

A lad beside me has a massey 35, n mows the local football pitch etc with it.
    He put van tyres on the front n widened out the back rims n put a type of super singles on the back- at a fraction of the price of grass tyres.
    the masseys are bulletproof, and u could probably pick on up for 2-3k
    Get one with a cab or freeze your ass off!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dmc123

I would steer clear of the Deutz and focus only on Kubota, JD, and Yanmar.

Ferguson, Ford and Ransomes are all Yanmars in different livery. Kubota and Yanmar parts are slightly cheaper than JD in our experience. We have been running compacts for nearly 20 years and while nothing is trouble free the knowledge base and parts support from Kubota and JD garage men is priceless when their experience is needed.

What size were you thinking ? There are many very reputable dealers in the UK that we deal with, much bigger selection there.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

The deutz are a lovely tractor but very dear to get parts for or to Fix if anything goes wrong

Advertisement