Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Calls for State to build Mosque in Roscommon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Microdot wrote: »
    This is only the start, next they will be driving the locals out so the can have the place for them self's.
    Sadly this is very true. Look at Whitechapel in london. !

Ballaghaderreen is an awful hole though.
    It's gonna get worse. Just watch. !

Ballaghaderreen is an awful hole though.
    It's gonna get worse. Just watch. !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Glenster wrote: »
    Build them one.

Whats the problem?

I have a better idea. Let the governments of Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan build Christian churches at the expense of the state,
    What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

feargale wrote: »
    I have a better idea. Let the governments of Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan build Christian churches at the expense of the state,
    What do you think?

The refugees just want a place to worship.

Just cos Saudi Arabia is a dick doesn't mean we have to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭cocaliquid

Muslims are living in the apartment above me there like animals.

Their female daughter is running non stop. Funny thing there is a park close it sounds like she dose not use it. Wearing no shoes adds to the noise parents are just as bad moving heavy items and constant banging on the ceiling. On the sound of tapping maybe doing crafts ?. Went to complain about the noise the guy wouldn't even give hes real name called himself Jimmy and kept lying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Lt Dan

Glenster wrote: »
    The refugees just want a place to worship.

Just cos Saudi Arabia is a dick doesn't mean we have to be.

Actually, a Pakistan National from Longford wants the place of worship

There is a place of worship, it is no more than 20 miles down the road. A room in the hostel can always be made available too

Even today, in some Catholic parishes, they have to team up with the next parish and take turns over holding mass in their place every second week due to the shortage of priests .

cocaliquid wrote: »
    Muslims are living in the apartment above me there like animals.

Their female daughter is running non stop. Funny thing there is a park close it sounds like she dose not use it. Wearing no shoes adds to the noise parents are just as bad moving heavy items and constant banging on the ceiling. On the sound of tapping maybe doing crafts ?. Went to complain about the noise the guy wouldn't even give hes real name called himself Jimmy and kept lying.

(1) Call the GNIB , who knows they might be illegal

(2) Best solution, speak with the landlord /agent

• Site Banned Posts: 129 ✭✭nosilver

If a catholic businessman called for a catholic church to be built by the state in some backwater, would it get any headlines?

No!

So why does this? - Because it suits the click bait mentality of the media who feed into the racial prejudices of the uneducated.

nosilver wrote: »
    If a catholic businessman called for a catholic church to be built by the state in some backwater, would it get any headlines?

No!

So why does this? - Because it suits the click bait mentality of the media who feed into the racial prejudices of the uneducated.

Eh, it very much would make the news. The State having for the building of a church. When did the State ever pay for the building of a church?

In fact, the media are often rather opposed to The Church butting in on the State affairs . It is fashionable to have a moan about the Church

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Donal55 wrote: »
    Aren't all these refugees : architects, barristers, chiropractors,doctors,.......Vets, watchmakers, X ray inspectors and zoologists.

Why would they be confined to rural areas when all these good jobs are in Dublin?

Once they have been given the right to work then they are free to apply for jobs wherever they want.
    But while they are being housed by the state then they should be housed in a location that is cheap and by housing people in smaller rural areas they the government will be indirectly pumping money into these areas because the refugees will be spending money in those areas for rent, food and entertainment which is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,503 ✭✭✭baldbear

I wonder was this business man involved in the Longford dispute?

Khaldid Kelly used to live in Longford.

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.rte.ie/amp/820158/

nosilver wrote: »

No!

Seeing as you are so educated any other ideas eg. How can cocoaliquid get peace in apartment from muselim family of dad na med jimmy?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I'm in Whitechapel now. How have people been "driven" out tell me?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Why any sane Irish person would welcome our government to finance the religion of Islam to spread its sphere of influence here, given our own recent history with Catholicism and the last decade of terror in Europe, is beyond me.

Keep it on the continent. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Pat 36059

Mick Wallace will build it , Ming Flanigan will supply the turf for the fire............

FTA69 wrote: »

I'm in Whitechapel now. How have people been "driven" out tell me?
    Stand outside the tube station and just open your eyes and look around.

People can be very native be careful what you wish for.

There are only here because we were forced to take them. Does anyone one know of friends who socialize with Muslims.

Treat them right but when its time get them out of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Why any sane Irish person would welcome our government to finance the religion of Islam to spread its sphere of influence here, given our own recent history with Catholicism and the last decade of terror in Europe, is beyond me.

Keep it on the continent. Thanks.
    There are already Irish citizens that are Muslim. They have the same right to freedom of religion as any other religion on this island. I don't particularly like the state supporting any religion, and if the state isn't supporting any other faith then they shouldn't start with Islam. But if they are already funding other religions then Muslims have every right to ask for the same support.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

ScumLord wrote: »
    There are already Irish citizens that are Muslim. They have the same right to freedom of religion as any other religion on this island. I don't particularly like the state supporting any religion, and if the state isn't supporting any other faith then they shouldn't start with Islam. But if they are already funding other religions then Muslims have every right to ask for the same support.

Freedom to practise your religion doesn't mean funding to practise it. It doesn't seem that the state fund religious activity centres as it is. Thank feck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Pat 36059

Muslims should not be left isolated or removed from our society. They have a right to religion, Education and shelter in this country . However, They should try to adapt to the country that they wish to reside in. They should dress and behave to blend with the social society that they wish to enter.To use Birmingham as an example city, It is destroyed by the influx from Pakistan / Afghanistan and other troubled areas.
    a mosque is only a place for prayer, can they not use a local hall or a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,664 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Pat 36059 wrote: »
    Muslims should not be left isolated or removed from our society. They have a right to religion, Education and shelter in this country . However, They should try to adapt to the country that they wish to reside in. They should dress and behave to blend with the social society that they wish to enter.To use Birmingham as an example city, It is destroyed by the influx from Pakistan / Afghanistan and other troubled areas.
    a mosque is only a place for prayer, can they not use a local hall or a house.

These "refugees" are here at the goodwill of the Irish State, to give them shelter from war and persecution in their homelands.

They HAVE no "rights" to anything beyond this. Anything they receive is at the expense and charity of their hosts and surely people fleeing death and torture would be grateful of a warm bed, safe place to stay, and guaranteed meals?
    They are not citizens of this country or indeed Europe and they are (or should be!) here only only on a temporary basis until it's safe to send them home.

If they don't like that, or don't like the locale or the culture, or they feel they have "entitlements", then they're always free to leave for a country more in-line with their beliefs and expectations.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

If i was running away from certain death and suffering i think a nice quiet rural area where I'm safe and have food and a nice place to sleep would be brilliant.

If on the other hand I'm actually an economic migrant pretending to be a refugee who expects every demand met then maybe i might be whinging about boredom, I'm sure tho that's not the case at all with any of them :rolleyes:
    And that is the best post in the whole thread and is the real truth to what is happening all over Europe right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

There's an old Americanism -

'Build it, and they will come'!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

cocaliquid wrote: »
    People can be very native be careful what you wish for.

There are only here because we were forced to take them. Does anyone one know of friends who socialize with Muslims.

Treat them right but when its time get them out of the country.

Yeah. Because they're human beings. They're not androids or animals. They're people.
    What's wrong with you?

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    These "refugees" are here at the goodwill of the Irish State, to give them shelter from war and persecution in their homelands.

They HAVE no "rights" to anything beyond this. Anything they receive is at the expense and charity of their hosts and surely people fleeing death and torture would be grateful of a warm bed, safe place to stay, and guaranteed meals?
    They are not citizens of this country or indeed Europe and they are (or should be!) here only only on a temporary basis until it's safe to send them home.

If they don't like that, or don't like the locale or the culture, or they feel they have "entitlements", then they're always free to leave for a country more in-line with their beliefs and expectations.

They have rights. They still have both human rights and civil rights. Even animals have rights in this country. To say they have no rights is a gross misunderstanding of what rights are.

Grayson wrote: »
    Yeah. Because they're human beings. They're not androids or animals. They're people.
    What's wrong with you?

From what i have seen they only mix with themselves. While Hindus are very friendly and have no problem adapting to western society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

They have rights. They still have both human rights and civil rights. Even animals have rights in this country. To say they have no rights is a gross misunderstanding of what rights are.

He didn't say they "have no rights" and they certainly aren't entitled to the same rights a citizens of Ireland because they simply are not citizens of this country and should be repatriated A.S.A.P. when their native country is safe.

511 wrote: »
    He didn't say they "have no rights" and they certainly aren't entitled to the same rights a citizens of Ireland because they simply are not citizens of this country and should be repatriated A.S.A.P. when their native country is safe.

Legally they have far more rights than that.

• Advertisement

511 wrote: »

Imo they have a lot more rights then people born in ireland whose heritage goes back centuries.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement