Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ghosts or UFOs?

• 24-04-2015 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

Which do you think is likely to be real? Ghosts or Extraterrestrial Visitors to our planet?

What do believe to be true? 32 votes

The existence of ghosts?
    0% 0 votes
    Extraterrestrial Visitors To Earth?
    15% 5 votes
    Both?
    43% 14 votes
    Neither?
    40% 13 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭IamtooGoode

Well .... intelligent life elsewhere? Statistically likely they will have us believe. Have they visited us? I guess so! Nice little stop off on the way to Alpha Centuri! ..... Ghosts? I haven't 'seen' one but open to the possibility!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

Would like to believe that both do exist, obviously I don't know.
    I just would like to think that there is more to life than what we can see, otherwise it just makes me wonder what is the point of it all.
    It would be great to have an experience which would prove that there is more out there.

I understand that Derek Acorah got slated for saying that he was in contact with the ghosts of aliens. If I remember correctly, that was a step too far for some of his his die-hard fans…. If you believe in the possibility of aliens existing and the possibility of ghosts existing, then is it too far to suggest what Derek Acorah allegedly put forward?

I understand that Derek Acorah got slated for saying that he was in contact with the ghosts of aliens. If I remember correctly, that was a step too far for some of his his die-hard fans…. If you believe in the possibility of aliens existing and the possibility of ghosts existing, then is it too far to suggest what Derek Acorah allegedly put forward?

Yes I would agree with you there, if someone wholeheartedly believes in what he says about ghosts I don't understand why they stop at that.

Personally I wouldn't believe him anyway no matter what he says.
    I do think that if there is something else out there regarding the afterlife, then it is inconceivable to think that its only all about us humans, surely we are not the be all & end all of everything.

I

Thank you for your relies and to everyone who has voted so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

I would suggest that anything that Derek Acorah puts forward be taken with a large pinch of salt.

To the original question: I would love to meet either or even the ghost of an alien. Life must exist out there somewhere. Ghosts, not so sure.

Yes I do think that there has to be more than us out there, what I don't know.
    Can all the accounts from people seeing spirits just be imagination, surely there might be some truth in it.
    With all the technology in the world today, why are we still without answers.

The paranormal and topics are sometimes closely linked. For instance it has been reported in some non paranormal/non conspiracy theory books that some of the Apollo missions' astronauts saw strange energy/orbs outside and if I remember correctly inside the the capsule/lander. I could be wrong but I think I read it in "A Man on The Moon" by Andrew Chaikin. I must read this again and when I get to the pages I'lll post what it says … 600 page small print book, so it could take a while..!

The paranormal and topics are sometimes closely linked. For instance it has been reported in some non paranormal/non conspiracy theory books that some of the Apollo missions' astronauts saw strange energy/orbs outside and if I remember correctly inside the the capsule/lander. I could be wrong but I think I read it in "A Man on The Moon" by Andrew Chaikin. I must read this again and when I get to the pages I'lll post what it says … 600 page small print book, so it could take a while..!

Thanks, that would be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Neither, it's quite possible life elswhere but we are too isolated and the distances would be too huge and we'd be like finding a needle in a haystack even if they were flying around in saucers.

As for ghosts and spirits, even if they do exist they would be breaking the laws of physics so they wouldn't be able to exist in our universe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Micky 32 wrote: »
    they would be breaking the laws of physics so they wouldn't be able to exist in our universe.

what law in physics says ghosts cant exist again? besides the whole idea of dead things not being dead that is. (genuinely wondering just, as I dont see how the paranormal breaks the laws of physics)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

but we are too isolated and the distances would be too huge and we'd be like finding a needle in a haystack...
    These are technical problems for us, but at a higher level of technology they might not be so problematic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

recedite wrote: »
    These are technical problems for us, but at a higher level of technology they might not be so problematic.

Also i think their costs would be huge even if they could reach us with their technology, the distances are huge. I mean why do something so costly to just zip around in the sky showing off their fancy lights, only giving us glimpses of their shiney discs? I mean if you are going do such a huge project like this i think they'd want us to know they exist for sure for their trouble :rolleyes:

Personally i think if life exists out there they haven't a clue we exist just like we have no clue either;) No matter what their technology is our radio signals signature still have a finite speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

No matter what their technology is our radio signals signature still have a finite speed.

Someone probably said the same thing about smoke signals many years ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

I mean if you are going do such a huge project like this i think they'd want us to know they exist for sure for their trouble :rolleyes:
    More likely they would try to avoid interfering; its called The Prime Directive.

jopax wrote: »
    Thanks, that would be very interesting.

Think I found it in another book I was reading, I'll get back to you...

Yeah, it was apparently Buzz Aldrin on Apollo 11, put down to 'vagabond cosmic particles decaying in the capsule's atmosphere'. These bright lights entering the capsule are meant to have happened also on other Apollo missions and some space shuttle missions..

Last day of the poll.

The more people who vote the better!

Poll closes at 11:28pm today!

Yeah, it was apparently Buzz Aldrin on Apollo 11, put down to 'vagabond cosmic particles decaying in the capsule's atmosphere'. These bright lights entering the capsule are meant to have happened also on other Apollo missions and some space shuttle missions..

John Glenn seen lights outside his 'friendship 7' capsule - though they were explained
    During the first of Glenn’s three orbits, he reported seeing a series of small particles floating outside his capsule. As he reported to NASA, he had never seen anything like it, and he thought it looked like a series of stars were surrounding him. Glenn referred the specks as “fireflies,” and tried banging on his capsule walls to see if he could make them move, which he could. NASA scientists feared it was malfunctioning part of the space capsule, though some thought Glenn’s vision was caused by a medical condition he encountered while in space while others tried to find a more spiritual meaning to the celestial “fireflies.” So, what were they? The mystery was solved later that year, when another Mercury astronaut, Scott Carpenter, made his orbital flight aboard Aurora 7. Carpenter also reported seeing the particles, and to him the looked like snowflakes. Turns out, Carpenter was pretty close to the truth. They were indeed bits of frozen condensation on the capsules’ exterior that broke off as it moved from through areas of varying temperatures.

the poll needs an 'I don't know' option.

• Advertisement

Thank you to everyone who voted

maccored wrote: »
    John Glenn seen lights outside his 'friendship 7' capsule - though they were explained

Yes, the reports outside the various capsules were explained away ok but the interesting ones were the ones reported seen inside the capsules...

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭DarkoT

Well the scientists say if the universe is infinite that everything is possible everything that you can imagine...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 AnthonyGiarrusso
    Executive Motivational Speaker, Paranormal Lecturer, Sales Professional, Author, & Beach Traveler

When I did an interview with God, he told me both are a confirmed truth.

Advertisement