Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paranormal?

Options
  • 14-12-2012 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

I'm a very big skeptic but i thought this interest some of ye :D. Done a job for a woman today who claimed her house was haunted but of late quiet.

She claimed things would go missing, things appearing , example ( an open newspaper on her bed) that she never put there, cold spots, orbs appearing to her naked eye and disappearing. Also her neighbour in her adjoining house was terrified at times, heard whispering experienced a lot of activity etc..

We were talking about this outside her house, and i noticed her window and the crack that was in it. I asked what happened and she said she doesn't know. She was in bed one night and heard this " creaking" and the next morning she noticed the crack...

Ok cracks happen, but this was a circle right in the middle of the pain. Usually cracks that just happen through stress come from the edge or corners. Even the company who fitted the window couldn't explain it, never see it happen before. There is a crack going from the circle to the corner but that grew afterwards, it's been like this for a few years now. Here's a photo of it..

photo-3_zps13314ef1.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

at the end of the day, its just a crack in the glass. you cant really determine anything about it at this stage of the game.

plus a ball would do that. could have happened and what she heard at night was the cold expanding it. Concentric Fracture.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Personally to me it looks like a ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Is it just me or can you guys see the reflection of a pair of hands in the window?! :eek: Looks like some entity is raising its hands in the air, like it's worshiping a God of some sort!

Spooky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Dave! wrote: »
    Is it just me or can you guys see the reflection of a pair of hands in the window?! :eek: Looks like some entity is raising its hands in the air, like it's worshiping a God of some sort!

Spooky
    It's the person taking the photo you can see the camera or phone in there hand.
    my mate's kitchen window has a similar crack was caused by a bird flying into it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

facepalm

• Registered Users Posts: 24 first rate

Looks like something soft hit the window and it cracked from the pressure against it - a soccer ball maybe or tennis ball if the window was weak or loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Its Behind You!

Strange all right...is that glass or perspex?

It looks to me like some pissed cowboy was tryin to cut a circle to fit an extractor fan or something...

Strange all right...is that glass or perspex?

It looks to me like some pissed cowboy was tryin to cut a circle to fit an extractor fan or something...

Proper double glazed windows, apparently it appeared overnight. A creaking noise was heard during the night and this was found next morning. Also the house is supposed to be " haunted " not my words :rolleyes::D. Also i'm told one night a bright blue " orb" appeared beside the curtains sometime before this happened lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Perhaps a botched circle-cutting job? If the gripper foot was not secured properly the cutter could slide or something, resulting in one crap 'circle'. Cat burglars about your neighbourhood? Other than that, I'd also go with ball.
    Circle-Cutter1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Irish Lady

fake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Johnny Be Goode

I would agree with Rasmus, to me it looks like a glass cutter was used.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Balaclava1991

Micky 32 wrote: »
    She claimed things would go missing

Is she getting on a bit or scattered and moves things and forgets where she mislaid them?
    , things appearing , example ( an open newspaper on her bed) that she never put there

She might have left it there and it slipped her mind.
    cold spots

Drafts are nothing unusual.
    orbs appearing to her naked eye and disappearing.

Dust particles or insects?
    Also her neighbour in her adjoining house was terrified at times, heard whispering experienced a lot of activity etc..

The wind can sound like someone talking.
    We were talking about this outside her house, and i noticed her window and the crack that was in it. I asked what happened and she said she doesn't know. She was in bed one night and heard this " creaking" and the next morning she noticed the crack...

It could have been caused by a cold weather, a bird strike or a ball of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mr jelly bean

Would she like the house investigated

• Registered Users Posts: 8 radiocrackle

ah now - doesnt look like its anything at all paranormal.

We'll it can be investigated to rule out any paranormal

going by that critera, you can basically investigate anywhere. in this case it really looks like a ball hit the window and nothing paranormal.

The glass I agree is not paranormal it was the other stuff I was interested in

The reason i mentioned the window was because the night before a blue glow or orb was seen around the window when she was in bed. Then after a creaking sound from the window. Next morning she noticed the window.

Get it investigated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Would she like the house investigated
    We'll it can be investigated to rule out any paranormal
    Get it investigated

not too pushy are ye? lol

I think it's fair to say that after over a years time it's safe enough to not be investigated

• Registered Users Posts: 36 newbygirl

Still a bit strange though

Sure is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭berniepixie

Dave! wrote:
    Is it just me or can you guys see the reflection of a pair of hands in the window?! Looks like some entity is raising its hands in the air, like it's worshiping a God of some sort!

Thats the guy taking the picture 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh Dave the shame the shame haha... Glass cutter was the first thing that came into my head too. If it was a ball it would smash as such or break in little shard bits...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Thread is from a time of innocence and whimsey, when the Summers seemed to go on forever and life was so full of hope. Then the zombies came.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement