Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make of this what you will

• 05-04-2015 4:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,650 ✭✭✭✭

Here's a video that I always find interesting. We recorded this in 2008 at a private house. Ignore the loud sound at the end - that was a lorry passing outside and isn't paranormal.

You'll hear the tones of a man and woman, who are talking upstairs. Again - thats not paranormal. Also ignore the auto focus and the rattling sound - that is the camera, though its also the reason why we ended up watching this in the first place. that auto focus bit only happened at this particular time for only for this duration of time.

Its the sound that seems to respond to the talking that I find interesting. I'll give an outline of what was what if anyone is interested, but for now, I just want to see if anyone hears what I'm on about.

Theres genuinely no arsing about going on with this. I haven't been able to give it a hands on heart, reasonable explanation yet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Is it the screechy sound after they speak? What is it supposed to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Kind of like a rasping sound repeating itself? Unable to clearly make out any distinct words. Sounds exactly the same each time. Wouldn't be a message notification or alarm or something similar and its unrelated that it comes after the people talking?

As usual I'm sure you wouldnt put something up here if you were not sure of the conditions were somewhat controlled. Were you present at the time maccored? Very interesting anyway. Spooky.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,650 ✭✭✭✭maccored

it sounds like someone saying 'Danny'. The report had been that people in the house heard their name being called, but no-0ne would have called them. Danny set up a camera in this one particular room, and said 'if you want to call a name, call mine - Im Danny' . The only reason we bothered reviewing this particular part in detail was because of the autofocus and the clickity noise which only happened at this part. When you hear the man and womans voices from upstairs, you can hear someone saying 'Danny' afterwards. repeats itself three or four times. the camera was in the room on its own, and the room was locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Also why is the auto-focus going so crazy? Its like its trying to focus on something but everything in the image is static. Very compelling stuff. Usually its good when there are no comments on the post.

Riamfada wrote: »
    Also why is the auto-focus going so crazy? Its like its trying to focus on something but everything in the image is static. Very compelling stuff. Usually its good when there are no comments on the post.

i don't know what the story was with the auto-focus - also that rattling type noise - that wasn't anywhere elsewhere on the video. I genuinely can't explain whats goign on there. Danny basically set up the camera, mentioned his own name and said to call it whenever whatever it was wanted to (as in whatever was calling the names of the householders), locked the room and went upstairs.

The only reason we looked a this bit and boosted the volume (which is the first thing I do - run the audio through the studio monitors and whack up the volume) was because of the auto focus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

So it's a ghost/spirit etc you think? Pretty creepy video.

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    So it's a ghost/spirit etc you think? Pretty creepy video.

Im hesitant to say 'ghost' as Im not too sure what that actually means. i can say its not something we added afterwards, nor is it possible that someone was hiding in the room either.

I also can't see it originating from outside, to be fair - so as I say ... I can't really explain how the voice saying 'Danny' got there.

I am aware though that Danny did specifically say his name and said it was OK to call it out. We also know that's why we were there - people were hearing someone calling their name when no-one would have called it - so ergo my problem. I cant say its a 'ghost', but it's currently fitting the criteria to be one.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Since this video is a few years old may i ask if you have heard anything about the house since - as in is there still anything strange goings on?

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Since this video is a few years old may i ask if you have heard anything about the house since - as in is there still anything strange goings on?

Never really heard from them again. There wasnt much point really - they claimed they were hearing voices calling out their names, and we could show that theres a good chance they were hearing names being called - by no-one - so that probably was all the help we could give them anyway. It gave us some interesting footage so everyone got what they needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭screamer

I dunno, I saw nothing in the video at all, I did hear the sound after the voices, and it just sounds screechy, but if I had to say what I think the words are, and forgive me don't mean to be crude, but, it sounds like "dirty b!tch" to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

Sounds like a bird to me

Sounds like a bird to me

Just to make sure we're listening to the same thing ... its at 10 secs, 20 secs, 27 secs and 34 secs (ish)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 117 ✭✭Goshen

Sounds to me like its saying DIE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Good video!

I hear "Danny" four times too, becoming progressively louder every time. One thing I will say, the sound itself seems identical to me every time just at varying volumes.

I ran some audio analysation on that clip of audio. Interestingly the 'danny' voice is coming in at over 2000hz (in this segment its the highest black line) in comparison to all the other audio which is around or below the 500 hz mark. I dont know what that really means, other than I find it interesting that only that audio is at that frequency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

It sounded to me Like "Gerry" in a very soft Northern male accent

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Yemowt

I don't know a whole lot about cameras and I am not saying that this is what it is but I think this could be one of the reasons, there is a few other things on my mind about what it is.

If this was filmed in 2008, cameras at that time were getting cheaper, smaller and generally when things like this happens not all of them will work properly. (that is with any device really.) Is it possible that the camera is searching for more noises and the man and the woman speaks and is making a strange noise to replace that or something like that?

I do not know a whole lot about cameras but if anybody does know about cameras maybe they can tell me if this is possible or not but until then I think that could be a possibility.

(PS: I am not a skeptic.)

Yemowt wrote: »
    I don't know a whole lot about cameras and I am not saying that this is what it is but I think this could be one of the reasons, there is a few other things on my mind about what it is.

If this was filmed in 2008, cameras at that time were getting cheaper, smaller and generally when things like this happens not all of them will work properly. (that is with any device really.) Is it possible that the camera is searching for more noises and the man and the woman speaks and is making a strange noise to replace that or something like that?

I do not know a whole lot about cameras but if anybody does know about cameras maybe they can tell me if this is possible or not but until then I think that could be a possibility.

(PS: I am not a skeptic.)

I think its wise to always be thinking of other reasons. I still have that camera - the only thing I can say is that its never repeated the same feat.

maccored wrote: »
    I think its wise to always be thinking of other reasons. I still have that camera - the only thing I can say is that its never repeated the same feat.

That is.. odd. Is it possible there was any sort of bug or insect next to the camera that made those kind of noises. I would not think so but I would say it could be possible.

Yemowt wrote: »
    That is.. odd. Is it possible there was any sort of bug or insect next to the camera that made those kind of noises. I would not think so but I would say it could be possible.

it could be - but lets look at the other angle. the investigator asked 'it' to call out his name (danny) - which you have to admit is what it sounds like. the reasoning for doing that is the reason we were there - the home owners were hearing people calling out their names.

• Advertisement

maccored wrote: »
    it could be - but lets look at the other angle. the investigator asked 'it' to call out his name (danny) - which you have to admit is what it sounds like. the reasoning for doing that is the reason we were there - the home owners were hearing people calling out their names.

Ah, so there is more behind the reason there was a camera there.

I thought it was just recording for no apparent reason.

If they claim that I would not think it is a bug but I still think it is possible that it could be the camera. But now I think it is more possible to be paranormal as it does sound like Danny and they were reporting hearing voices.

Good post by the way.

Advertisement