Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

force equivalent of safe mode in android

• 20-10-2020 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭

I know that this might be more suited to xda developers but I thought I'd ask here first.
    I've a one plus 3, rooted with TWRP, that I factory reset and bricked! Reboots after the LineageOS boot screen. However, the data line in the USB port is fried (at the motherboard i'd say, have already replaced the port) so I can't reload a new rom.

I've full access to the file system with twrp so my last ditch attempt / hope would be to modify some config file to start up a minimal system with either wifi or Bluetooth so I can stick a new rom on it. What do you think, is it possible

Or any other tips???

PS haven't lost anything as I made a full back up, just want to pass the phone on to my kid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Card slot No

Shame, that has you bollixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I'd say you're out of luck. If you have the backups or ROMs on the device try reflashing, but I assume you've already done that. Probably worth trying the various wipe options in TWRP a few times but it's probably a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭KAGY

xckjoo wrote: »
    I'd say you're out of luck. If you have the backups or ROMs on the device try reflashing, but I assume you've already done that. Probably worth trying the various wipe options in TWRP a few times but it's probably a long shot.

Think so too, I'd had a few rom install files but must have wiped the wrong thing or cleared them out along the way. I'll keep an eye out for a smashed one and replace the mb

Can't even access a log file as they're not persistent in android. Tried a trick were you add the console as a service in init.rc but no joy.

At least I learned how to exit vi! :-)

Advertisement