Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Archers

Options
  • 19-02-2020 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭

Hi all - just wondering if anyone else listens to The Archers :o

I got sucked in when there was a domestic abuse/coercive control storyline which was discussed often on a podcast I listen to and now have been listening daily for over 2 years!

Anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

When I was on holiday in France, I heard a couple of episodes on longwave radio

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭smurfette2212

Old thread, I know, but yes, I listen daily (or at least catch up on a few episodes a few times a week!). My Dad has always listened so grew up with it on in the house. Some of the storylines are really strong, I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Old thread, I know, but yes, I listen daily (or at least catch up on a few episodes a few times a week!). My Dad has always listened so grew up with it on in the house. Some of the storylines are really strong, I think!

Hurrah! Yes I love it. Wonder how the herbal lays are doing during these unprecedented times...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Great theme tune as well

optogirl wrote: »
    Hurrah! Yes I love it. Wonder how the herbal lays are doing during these unprecedented times...

Ha!

Really enjoying it at the minute though hoping for nasty Philip to get his comeuppance!

• Advertisement

branie2 wrote: »
    Great theme tune as well

The jaunty French-ish omnibus one is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Ha!

Really enjoying it at the minute though hoping for nasty Philip to get his comeuppance!

I'm a bit lost with Philip - he went from being Mr Nice Guy to a pr*** in the blink of an eye -before I thought he kind of accidentally ended up with those workers but now it seems he is basically a slave owner!

optogirl wrote: »
    I'm a bit lost with Philip - he went from being Mr Nice Guy to a pr*** in the blink of an eye -before I thought he kind of accidentally ended up with those workers but now it seems he is basically a slave owner!

Yeah, it was such a shift, and out of nowhere really. When he was talking about selling them on, he just seems evil. Feeling quite sorry for Gavin now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I sort of dip in and out of it. My favourite character is Linda Snell.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Conway635

Yeah, I listen pretty religiously.

We live deep in the countryside in Westmeath, surrounded by various farms, and any farming acticity mentioned on the show (putting the cows in fopr winter, bringing them out, silage etc) is exactly in sync to what happens around us, sometimes to the day! Good agricultural story editor obviously.

And there was a day about 4 years ago when Ruth blowing up and having a massive row with David happened about 24 hours before the same thing happened to me :-)

My wife asks me to warn her now when anything significant happens in the plot . .

C635

• Advertisement
Advertisement