Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy S20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

jay28 wrote: »
    Possibly, i.just hate the look of a screen protector on a phone, I'll be giving it a miss, Im looking for a nice leather wallet style case for the ultra but finding it hard locate one.

Here you go, lots to choose from .
    https://www.noreve.com/en/galaxy-s20/4112-samsung-galaxy-s20-leather-case.html

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭jones

Took the plunge and preordered the S20+ (i've alway had the + models so nice upgrade to my S8+) i was tempted by the Ultra but couldnt justify nearly €1,400 outlay for it. What cases are people going for with these phones? I usually get otterbox but i'll have a look about. Spigen air looks good too.

On a side note the Ultra seems to be selling well as the Samsung site has it as a later delivery than the S20 and S20+

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The ultra costs more because it has the additional, higher spec cameras, which is probably the same reason there is such interest in it and sales are high.

cnocbui wrote: »
    The ultra costs more because it has the additional, higher spec cameras, which is probably the same reason there is such interest in it and sales are high.

Ha i know why it costs more just saying i cant justify spending the money on it :D

Ok i think i know what you mean now you thought i meant what "cases" are people getting (as in why getting th Ultra) I meant physical cases haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Was just on to Samsung Ireland and they told me my S20 Ultra pre order (ordered 17/2) would be delayed by up to 10 days due to component shortages - haven't heard this from anywhere else. Website says delivery after 25/03 but would have thought that was due to there being no more pre-order units

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Was just on to Samsung Ireland and they told me my S20 Ultra pre order (ordered 17/2) would be delayed by up to 10 days due to component shortages - haven't heard this from anywhere else. Website says delivery after 25/03 but would have thought that was due to there being no more pre-order units

There was simular problems last time. My s10 plus was delayed and they never bother to tell me till I rang up. They priortize the shops apperantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

The wording on the delivery of the ultra is different too. I wonder does that mean it's not even guaranteed to be delivered on the 25th of March?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

pre ordered a S20 (somehow I feel cheap lol), kinda annoyed I won't 'free' buds, but currently have an S8 and its plenty big, 20 is slightly bigger plus more so.
    Got a UAG case too. Lack of reviews of the S20 have me worried, hope I made the right choice - trading in my S8 with samsung.

I am surprised about the lack of full reivews - there are a lot of hands on at show type reviews where they get about twenty minutes with the phone. Whats the UAG case never heard of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

jones wrote: »
    I am surprised about the lack of full reivews - there are a lot of hands on at show type reviews where they get about twenty minutes with the phone. Whats the UAG case never heard of it?
    Urban Armour Gear case - had one for an s6, s8 served me well. So I originally got a spigen case for s8, ver stylish and nice and light, fall small scratch on the screen - bye bye spigen, so I got my UAG case again. Plenty love the spigen, so maybe just unlucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

There's a good load of full reviews out there now (these are both S20 Ultra);

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/samsung-galaxy-s20-ultra-review

https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/27/21155012/samsung-galaxy-s20-ultra-review-5g-screen-camera-space-zoom-price

Both call out the 100x zoom as being a gimmick, but have mostly positive things to say otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

UAG Monarchs for travel/everyday use and alternate with an official leather case for normal everyday when you want a change to relatively lightweight. Same way as the last couple times, same again this time.
    Probably a wee bit on the expensive side, but save something by not bothering with the tempered glass protectors, just take too much away from everyday usage.

Just a little bit more care required IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

When is the S20 and plus models due to be shipped by the network's?
    Heard some networks might begin shipping phones, Monday 2nd. Only a rumour
    I've an S20+ on order. Have spigen rugged armour on its way for it. Have the same case on my S10 5g. Very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Question to people who got the free airbuds last year..how long does it take to get them? I'm going traveling on 1st of April..would be great to have them for then.. hopefully

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Question to people who got the free airbuds last year..how long does it take to get them? I'm going traveling on 1st of April..would be great to have them for then.. hopefully

Months. 6 I think for me.

Reati wrote: »
    Months. 6 I think for me.

That's madness. Why such a long time?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just ordered S20 4G with a Spigen tough armor case, I've gotten very used to having a kickstand on the case!

ShaneU wrote: »
    Just ordered S20 4G with a Spigen tough armor case, I've gotten very used to having a kickstand on the case!

Exactly the case I got for my S20+. Have it on my S10 too.

That's madness. Why such a long time?

Who knows. They just kept making excuses and 'it'll despatch shortly'.

Just like the preorders that won't be fulfilled on March 10th...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Mine took 30 days. The claim was validated on the 10th of March 2019 and
    I received them on the 5th of April. That was the average time-frame for the people who didn't have any hassle.
    So I'd say your chances might be slim in regards receiving them by April 1st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭seantobin43

Do any have the shops have them on display yet? I want to buy the s20 ultra but I'd like to see the size of it before I preorder

Do any have the shops have them on display yet? I want to buy the s20 ultra but I'd like to see the size of it before I preorder

Three on o connell street, Dublin had the S20+ last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

Three on o connell street, Dublin had the S20+ last week

i went in there on thursday....think it was vodafone beside them had a s20+ but labelled up as an s20 ultra...i was going to say but didnt bother......eventually walked down henry street and did get to play with an ultra in carphone warehouse...but it is locked to the display so couldnt play with cameras

dougm1970 wrote: »
    i went in there on thursday....think it was vodafone beside them had a s20+ but labelled up as an s20 ultra...i was going to say but didnt bother......eventually walked down henry street and did get to play with an ultra in carphone warehouse...but it is locked to the display so couldnt play with cameras

Have you managed to find one that's not locked to the display?

In yet to find one. I'm hoping to have a go of the cameras and actually hd the S20+ to see if its too big or not.

Got an email confirmation of my new contact and purchase of a S20+ upgrade from Vodafone. I ordered the phone a week ago. I'd presume my order will be shipping early next week..

1jcdub wrote: »
    Got an email confirmation of my new contact and purchase of a S20+ upgrade from Vodafone. I ordered the phone a week ago. I'd presume my order will be shipping early next week..

Late next week be more like it but you might get lucky. Its not released till the Tuesday after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Any recommendations on wireless chargers? One for home and one for work vehicle? I've found the charging ports can get loose and problematic on previous phones I've had

Reati wrote: »
    Late next week be more like it but you might get lucky. Its not released till the Tuesday after.

I think in the States they are expecting it Tuesday/Wednesday next for those that pre-ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭seantobin43

Have you managed to find one that's not locked to the display?

In yet to find one. I'm hoping to have a go of the cameras and actually hd the S20+ to see if its too big or not.

Went into to the Vodafone shop and had to ask for the display model and they gave it to me behind the counter. Size wise its exactly the same as the note 10 plus. Camara sticks out a bit but its doesn't really affect the size and the way it sits in the pocket. I'm definitely getting the ultra its amazing!

• Advertisement

1jcdub wrote: »
    I think in the States they are expecting it Tuesday/Wednesday next for those that pre-ordered

Aye. Some have even got them already from reading on reddit. Here the date is the 10th.

Advertisement