Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Must Have Android Apps and Games? (Part II)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,094 ✭✭✭corkie

Super Mario Run ---- Now available (Not rooted device required)!

For anyone with Magisk you can get the app from apkmirror!

Reported working for some with that setup on reddit.

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Patww79 wrote: »
    Gave it a try last night, it's awful. Didn't know it was basically a side-view Temple Run, and the layout of the maps etc seem totally geared towards flogging you in app purchases.
    Ye its terrible. The fun for me was jumping and killing enemies. This is gone so I'm not buying it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

smilerf wrote: »
    Ye its terrible. The fun for me was jumping and killing enemies. This is gone so I'm not buying it

is a tenner not a little steep for a phone game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

donegal. wrote: »
    it sure is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

donegal. wrote: »
    It is for Android :pac: We're statistically stingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

knock-knock.gif

Knock-Knock Ice-Pick Lodge Studio

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.IcePick.KnockKnockRelease&hl=en

€0.59 for the next few days. 200MB download. Interesting artwork and gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Weird I bought it just before I posted and it was free but I clicked into the link again and it is now full price. They must have ended the promo early.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,895 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

For lovers of the old Level 9 text adventures, played a couple and the app works well. Some people on the play store say the menu button doesn't work, but working fine on mine.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pro.oneredpixel.l9droid

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,295 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Tasker or llama should do what you want here.

llama in particular is even known as a location profile app.

Thanks. I'm sort-of getting there with Llama. I have it set up to 'play a sound' and vibrate at the required location/time, but it's not exactly what I want.

Firstly, to cancel the Llama alert, I have to pull down the notifications list and tap it there. It doesn't display the alarm on the main screen like a standard alarm.

Secondly, I can't snooze the Llama alert, in the way I can snooze a traditional alarm.

Would Tasker be a better option for me?

For lovers of the old Level 9 text adventures, played a couple and the app works well.https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pro.oneredpixel.l9droid

Cheers Tom Mann Centuria. Flashback of playing Snowball/Lords of Time/Colossal Adventure on an Oric 48K. I still have them..[/Grampa Simpson]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Would gmail not work?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭droidman123

A dark room free for the next 5 days,havnt tried it yet so cant comment yet if it is good or not

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yourcompany.adarkroom&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

A dark room free for the next 5 days,havnt tried it yet so cant comment yet if it is good or not

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yourcompany.adarkroom&hl=en

Is it free to buy for next 5 days? Or free to use for next 5 days, and then you need to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Free for ever. Google have recently allowed app developers to temporarily list their items for free (they couldn't do that before).

Another app mentioned on reddit is also free at the moment: -

Chameleon Run

Normally €2.39

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

For lovers of the old Level 9 text adventures, played a couple and the app works well. Some people on the play store say the menu button doesn't work, but working fine on mine.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pro.oneredpixel.l9droid
    Amalgam wrote: »
    Cheers Tom Mann Centuria. Flashback of playing Snowball/Lords of Time/Colossal Adventure on an Oric 48K. I still have them..[/Grampa Simpson]

Oh man, I used to love these Level 9 games back in the day. I got stuck in one of the games and wrote a letter to the developers asking for help. They wrote back and included a 10 page cheat sheet for the game! You wouldn't get that kind of response these days.
    The only issue I have with this app is that a nonsense entry to the parser doesn't return Arfle Barfle Gloop! ;):D

corkie wrote: »
    Another app mentioned on reddit is also free at the moment: -

Chameleon Run

Normally €2.39

Keep an eye out, this app wants access to your contacts.

Long press App icon > App info > Permissions > Toggle what suits yourself..

Amalgam wrote: »
    Keep an eye out, this app wants access to your contacts.

Long press App icon > App info > Permissions > Toggle what suits yourself..

Thanks for the warning! MIUI had not allowed it to access contacts or storage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭steve_r

Can anyone recomend an alternative to Evernote (that's not Google Keep).

I like Evernote but the android app is slow, and I can't justify spending €30 on a year on a slow app that's really just saving text.

I like the Notebooks feature of Evernote, as I would keep maybe 50 notes or so that I have split into categories. Google Keep doesn't really allow me to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭steve_r

OneNote might be actually what I'm looking for as I have an Office sub

Thanks for the recommendations of Podcast Addict. It is excellent.

Does anything like TouchMe Gesture Studio exist for Android? I use it all the time in W10 and have a load of shortcuts setup for different Gestures with my fingers. The one I probably use most is the two finger rotation clockwise/anitclockwise to turn volume up and down. I keep going to do it on the phone :P Any apps for Android that offer that kind of functionality?

• Advertisement

Chameleon Run Progress?

How the heck is someone tapping so fast with two fingers to be able to change colours and jump at the same time.

Edit: - Just noticed level 1-13 is called "AUTO SWITCH", so you need to complete that level to be able to complete the earlier speed runs!
    Edit 2: - Above doesn't effect the game as I thought!

I'm currently at level 1-11 (all marbles collected) prior levels all completed except for speed runs.

My speed for level 1-3 is at 0:12.734 need to get to 0:10.800 to complete speed challenge.

How is everyone else doing that is playing?

Advertisement