Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,268 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

RDJ will be back at some stage when they throw enough money at him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Not even posting a picture of his cock and balls online would deter Disney from asking him back!

Well he is America's ass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Ah I dunno, as long as RDJs character remains dead and Chris Evans remains old, the integrity of Endgame is intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

pixelburp wrote: »
    Given the general thinking parallel universes are to figure in future MCU films, my immediate theory is this will be an alternate universe Cap. Be he the same or some (evil?) variation.
    Hydra Cap would be an interesting one to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

I hate the way the endless franchise nature of the MCU just keeps undermining their own best emotional beats. It was great in Endgame that Captain America and Iron Man had actual endings - a rare thing in this series. Now the former’s potentially coming back, and the latter’s popping up in Black Widow too (Black Widow herself being a character with an ending in Endgame, although slightly weirder and less impactful than the other too).

All started with Coulson being killed off in Avengers only to get his own bloody spin-off show and resurrection storyline. I know this is part of comics that characters always come back in some ridiculous form after their apparent deaths or retirement, but in these cases it just sorta weakens some of the stronger emotional beats in stories that often lack actual human stakes.

Same for any movie franchise though especially when it goes over 10+ movies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,948 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

kerplun k wrote: »
    Ah I dunno, as long as RDJs character remains dead and Chris Evans remains old, the integrity of Endgame is intact.

I hope it is him remaining old or they have another movie set in the past and he crosses paths with these characters, post going back to Peggy in Endgame, meaning he didn't spend all the time in her basement.

As has been mentioned, the return is really unnecessary and raises alarm bells for me of some consistent multiverse situation which I really hope they don't go down.

I say bring him back to take over the mantel of The Black Panther.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Hydra Cap would be an interesting one to do.

It was my first thought, but then I think (?) Hydra Cap was roundly hated by comics fans when the story came out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Grace Randolph is claiming it's for the Multiverse of Madness so I assume it's Hydra Cap.....but damn it I just can't hate the man. I hope they come up with something more imaginative.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭tigger123

Hi; I don't know anything about the Marvel Universe; does anyone know if its still possible to watch/enjoy/get the new Wanda Vision show? It looks really interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Only releasing today isn't it? Disney+ is where to get it, legally.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,078 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

tigger123 wrote: »
    Hi; I don't know anything about the Marvel Universe; does anyone know if its still possible to watch/enjoy/get the new Wanda Vision show? It looks really interesting.

I'd say you'd probably get away with it :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

RDJ will be back at some stage when they throw enough money at him.

There's a very obvious way for this to happen. Its already been done in the funny books.

Shang-Chi and the Legend of Ten Rings trailer will arrive during the Super Bowl.

So ... am I the only one who had to immediately Google "when is the Superbowl" to get an actual date for the trailer? :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

So ... am I the only one who had to immediately Google "when is the Superbowl" to get an actual date for the trailer? :D :pac:

no i had to google Shang-Chi and the Legend of Ten Rings :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Cotts72

peteeeed wrote: »

😂 I've started reading the comics in marvel unlimited for the same purpose and yes I too don't know when the superbowl is haha

peteeeed wrote: »

TBH, I'd have considered myself fairly knowledgable of the Marvel stable & I was still stumped as to who Shang-Chi were. Once upon a time I'd have snarked that the MCU was really hitting the dregs, but we live in a world where the Guardians of the Galaxy became a smash hit, so I guess we gotta wait n' see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

TBH, I'd have considered myself fairly knowledgable of the Marvel stable & I was still stumped as to who Shang-Chi were. Once upon a time I'd have snarked that the MCU was really hitting the dregs, but we live in a world where the Guardians of the Galaxy became a smash hit, so I guess we gotta wait n' see.

Yeah Shang Chi wouldn't be that main stream in the comics. There is currently an ongoing Shang Chi comic and he has showed up in a few of the lesser known series in the last year or two like Agents of Atlas .

Ryan Coogler has signed on for a Wakanda series on Disney+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,078 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ryan Coogler has signed on for a Wakanda series on Disney+

Danai Gurira probably star in it since she left The Walking Dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Started to watch all the newish Marvel movies (starting with Iron Man 1) with the kids and I have to say I am really enjoying them, even the ones (Iron Man 2, Thor 2) that I thought I wouldn't. Knowing so much more of the characters and their story arc you actually spot things easily missed or forgotten.

We are going through them as they were made, so the story is actually knitting nicely together. Its also fun pointing out to kids "Yes iron Man and Thor were giant douchebags until they learned some valuable lessons but Captain America was always a good guy which is why he was given the power". I find these really good to explain good virtues in children in ways they can understand. Had a nice conversation with my middle child about why Captain America was chosen and deserving of the super power.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Drumpot wrote: »
    Started to watch all the newish Marvel movies (starting with Iron Man 1) with the kids and I have to say I am really enjoying them, even the ones (Iron Man 2, Thor 2) that I thought I wouldn't. Knowing so much more of the characters and their story arc you actually spot things easily missed or forgotten.

We are going through them as they were made, so the story is actually knitting nicely together. Its also fun pointing out to kids "Yes iron Man and Thor were giant douchebags until they learned some valuable lessons but Captain America was always a good guy which is why he was given the power". I find these really good to explain good virtues in children in ways they can understand. Had a nice conversation with my middle child about why Captain America was chosen and deserving of the super power.

I really like the second Thor movie, I know it had issues behind the scenes but I think it's a really good blend of sci-fi and fantasy. Poor Jane is underdeveloped but I enjoy the Thor-Loki stuff.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Drumpot wrote: »

Doing the rewatch at the moment myself. Just finished Captain America The first Avenger last night. Looking forward to getting to the Avengers onwards I feel like the movies pick up pace from there on.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

If you can find it, watch ‘Item 47’ after you’re done with the first Avengers film. It’s a decent short (only a few minutes long) about a little bit of afters with the leftover alien tech but it’s not on Disney+ for some reason. It’s in with the extras on the Avengers blu-ray if that’s how you’re watching them.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was thinking about a rewatch of the X-Men films to refresh my memory of them. I think I've seen all of them except for the Dark Phoenix one.

I'm wondering is there a recommended sequence to watch them in? Is it better to just go by the year of the film's release?

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭brianregan09

X1 , X2 , X3 the last Stand , I'd skip wolverine origins , go straight to 1st class , Days of future past , Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix ,

Deadpool and Logan kind of exist in there own vaccuum same with New Mutants , no real need to watch the Wolverine either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Personally, I would go X1, X2, The Last Stand, The Wolverine, First Class, Days of Future Past, and then Logan.

Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix are down there with Origins for me but at least Origins has Jackmam giving his all even if the film is crap. The Wolverine is a better than it's reputation.

You're not going to get a unanimous answer but either the X-Men films don't really give a **** about continuity anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Wouldn't skip on Deadpool. I thought I heard recently that he's been given a deal to continue on and would be the only R rated marvel films.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Advertisement