Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

I detest predatory creeps like Ray but I cannot muster an ounce of sympathy for Faye. She's such an unlikeable character

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

I'm all about that little victory dance when Aadi and Dev learned about that greaseball being gone.

And I nearly did the same dance when Faye revealed she wasn't starting another pregnancy story arc.

I quite like the friendship between Ken and Steve. Bit of mutual respect and understanding between two characters that get nothing but grief from everyone else around them.

It's pretty unlikely the factory side of the street will be end up being levelled, but the homes and businesses are still nearly all sold. I wonder if they'll take the opportunity to retire the salon, taxi office, garage etc and install some new businesses with new sets and story potential. Kevin and Tyrone could relocate to a a new set around a mysterious open area around down the street we'd never seen before, Steve and Tim follow new ventures, and it was a bit redundant having a hairdresser and barber with the same characters anyway.

As for the residences, do a reshuffle of people's homes for a bit of variety. Or hell, actually go ahead and knock the whole lot but instead of a high rise it ends up as a row of modern yet affordable houses or duplexes for both the existing characters like the Platts and Metcalves, and extra numbers for the expanded and younger cast, so there's less need for this RIDICULOUS cramming of the spare and individual characters like Peter, Carla, Nina, Gail, Sean, Seb, Craig, Alina and Emma into houses and flats of established characters and families on a single street.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Hope Ray doesnt send in the heavies to mess up poor Roy...

It looks more like Gareh pulling strings from inside and Ray on the receiving end of the heavies fists! Though, for social distancing it might be clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Jikashi wrote: »
    <snip>... this RIDICULOUS cramming of the spare and individual characters like Peter, Carla, Nina, Gail, Sean, Seb, Craig, Alina and Emma into houses and flats of established characters and families on a single street.

Oddly last night I was just looking at Tracey (nope not that) and thinking what the actual **** is she living there for. She has a business and realistically should be living in a nice suburb driving a Range Rover same as Maria's one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Oddly last night I was just looking at Tracey (nope not that) and thinking what the actual **** is she living there for. She has a business and realistically should be living in a nice suburb driving a Range Rover same as Maria's one.

Didnt her and Steve buy the house of Ken? A Florist in basically a residential area? Ya don’t think she’s making much of an income. She’d probably earn more if she worked in underworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

What happened with the heavies that came for Ray?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭magicray

See Tyrone and Fizz have managed to magic up another bedroom for Alina - its crazy at this stage it really is

Is there a flat over the florist/SpeedDahl ?

Yasmeen is all alone in her house, I am surprised that they haven't moved anyone in with her yet

magicray wrote: »
    See Tyrone and Fizz have managed to magic up another bedroom for Alina - its crazy at this stage it really is

Yasmeen is all alone in her house, I am surprised that they haven't moved anyone in with her yet

All those houses are sold, aren’t they?

I forgot all about that myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

magicray wrote: »

I think there house is a 9 up 2 down!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,005 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I detest predatory creeps like Ray but I cannot muster an ounce of sympathy for Faye. She's such an unlikeable character

After what Anna went through with Phelan, you'd think Faye would know better than to sleep with Ray

Anna needs to return

I'd say Gary is finding prison a break from Maria and Izzy :p

Not sure they cane for him, i'm thinking HE called them...we'll see monday...

Not sure they cane for him, i'm thinking HE called them...we'll see monday...

I thought that he was surprised to see them.

I thought that he was surprised to see them.

Too coincidental. .Garra tells Dim that Ray,s going to get his justice.......bit easy imo...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Where were Alina and Emma living? I remember them in a flat with Seb whydid they have to move out and where is Seb living? What's the story with Sally and Tim moving is she leaving the street? Will she not be in many scenes anymore or is it a move around the corner?

casio4 wrote: »
    Where were Alina and Emma living? I remember them in a flat with Seb whydid they have to move out and where is Seb living? What's the story with Sally and Tim moving is she leaving the street? Will she not be in many scenes anymore or is it a move around the corner?

They lived over Audreys.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

casio4 wrote: »

I don't think Sally and the Platts will move or at least won't be gone for long. I think Ray's development is too big to actually built on the Corrie set. Something will happen to stop it getting built.

I'd say the houses will stay standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I don't think Sally and the Platts will move or at least won't be gone for long. I think Ray's development is too big to actually built on the Corrie set. Something will happen to stop it getting built.

I'd say the houses will stay standing.

Everything will stay. The set is quite new, they only moved to Salford a few years ago. I visited the old set in Manchester, was a lovely day, pulled a fake pint in the rovers lol.

No way theyll rip anything out..might build a few more houses or flats....how come we never see anyone inside Costa, bit unrealistic imo......:confused:

• Advertisement

No way theyll rip anything out..might build a few more houses or flats....how come we never see anyone inside Costa, bit unrealistic imo......:confused:

Same for the co-op why sponsor Corrie and all you see is someone carrying a bag or a cup I thought we’d see people walking around inside the supermarket or people having coffee in the cafe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Surely some teenagers would be in there using their WiFi alright

Brits are strange thet way..they prefer their greasy spoons...hence Roy's ...and isn't there a tattoo parlour , thought Nina would" live" in there...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

£3.95 for a 'Full English Breakfast' in Roy's, who would be paying Costa prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Brits are strange thet way..they prefer their greasy spoons...hence Roy's ...and isn't there a tattoo parlour , thought Nina would" live" in there...

Nina running a tattoo parlour, that would be a great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

jos28 wrote: »
    Yes, she seems to have just given up on her art and fashion career in favour of working in a greasy spoon :confused:
    Does she even go to college anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 clairevoyant

jos28 wrote: »

brilliant idea but I hope the fake tattooing would be better than the fake hairdressing - God that was cringe to watch

brilliant idea but I hope the fake tattooing would be better than the fake hairdressing - God that was cringe to watch

Or a fake shave from David...:eek:

she completely does me chops in...................

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »

he does look great -he must be the same age as the wallpaper in his sitting room :cool:

they seem to have forgotten ken has had a stroke and could do without all sh**e that's been going on and im wondering why all the houses seem to have windows in the front of the house - but the sitting room/kitchen of ken's and Tyrone's that we see doesn't have a window - so what sort of rooms are the front windows in (if that makes sense)

Advertisement