Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which newspapers are these from?

• 15-01-2021 3:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm researching an Irish band from the 1990s and I have been going through newspaper clippings. All the music pages in the newspapers had names like, Hits 'N' Bits (Limerick Leader) The Scene (Evening Herald) etc. But I can't find out what The Buzz was from. It was by Dermott Hayes. I can't post a picture yet unfortunately. I can't find it on Irish Newspaper Archives. Anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Dermott Hayes was in the Sunday Press, wasn't he? I don't remember the specific name of his column there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Wilhelm III

Hi there - I know nothing about nothing, I'm just passing through... but on Googling his name it appears he is contactable through a website called 'writing.ie' - and is listed as a 'writer' and 'pop biographer', perhaps you could contact him through that? I'm sure he would not mind? He might even be able to / be delighted to - help you with your research?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The INA is not complete, two major papers are elsewhere - the Irish Times on its own site and the Sunday World on the British Newspaper Archives. There are also gaps in coverage and very poor OCR

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dearbhail

L1011 wrote: »
    The INA is not complete, two major papers are elsewhere - the Irish Times on its own site and the Sunday World on the British Newspaper Archives. There are also gaps in coverage and very poor OCR

I noticed there's some missing and it misses so many words on the search. Thanks for the info about the Irish Tines and Sunday World. I'll check those out for any other articles. Thanks

Hi there - I know nothing about nothing, I'm just passing through... but on Googling his name it appears he is contactable through a website called 'writing.ie' - and is listed as a 'writer' and 'pop biographer', perhaps you could contact him through that? I'm sure he would not mind? He might even be able to / be delighted to - help you with your research?

That's a great idea, thanks very much

• Advertisement

Dermott Hayes was in the Sunday Press, wasn't he? I don't remember the specific name of his column there.

I'll check that out, thanks very much

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Dearbhail wrote: »
    I noticed there's some missing and it misses so many words on the search. Thanks for the info about the Irish Tines and Sunday World. I'll check those out for any other articles. Thanks

The BNA also has some of what the INA has, but scanned much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭IRE60

I could be wrong - but the Buzz might have been The Daily Star. Having said that contacting them may be futile as all those working there now we being potty trained in the 90's!!!

IRE60 wrote: »
    I could be wrong - but the Buzz might have been The Daily Star. Having said that contacting them may be futile as all those working there now we being potty trained in the 90's!!!

Thanks for that, I'll have a look

L1011 wrote: »
    The BNA also has some of what the INA has, but scanned much better.

I'll have a look at the BNA as well, thanks very much

• Advertisement
Advertisement