Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

XZ Premium Sony Xperia charge problem

• 03-01-2021 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

hi all,

my Sony Xperia XZ Premium has stopped charging without pressing hard on the phone around the charging socket.

I can with some difficulty and messing about can get to the 3 flashing red lights / Sony logo screen and once or twice to the scrolling charging battery logo.

I have read it is a fairly enough problem and is not the charging socket itself but the motherboard charge socket flex connector socket.

Is it repairable and how much would it might cost?

Regards all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Have you cleaned out the socket?
    My connection was a bit loose when i had the usb cabled plugged in.
    Thought it was clean, gave it a good clean with a flatten out toothpick and got out a load more fluff, that sorted it for me, had a good solid connection afterward

Advertisement