Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Working holiday visas for Australia

• 23-02-2020 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,
    I just have a few questions about working holiday visas for Australia!! If anyone knows any answers, I’d really appreciate it! I’m seriously struggling to find out info online!

1). Looking to do a first year working holiday view in Sydney & I’m wondering how can I stay in Australia after the year doing a job such as a childcare worker/ SNA teacher?

2). I’m seeing lots of things about 88 days of regional specified work? Could I do that type of work in Sydney?

3). What would be my options after the first year? I’ll likely won’t want to return home and loads of Irish people have remained in Australia permanently in the past so how could I go about in getting a permanent residence or longer than a year?
    4). Can I get onto a second working holiday visa from doing childcare work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

You can work at whatever you want I the first year, to get a 2nd visa you need to do specified work in approved industries in the listed regional postcodes.
    • plant and animal cultivation
      fishing and pearling
      tree farming and felling
      mining
      construction

or Bushfire disaster relief you can work if you can get it or volunteer
    Specified work in disaster affected areas
    Construction work can be vital in helping regional disaster zones, such as those affected by flood or bushfire, to rebuild and recover from disaster.
    Working Holiday visa holders who conduct construction work in eligible regional areas of Australia following disasters can count the work as specified work.

Examples of construction work that qualify as specified work include:
    demolition of buildings,
    trench digging, land clearing and earth moving
    residential and non-residential construction or renovation/repair, including of roads, footpaths, bridges, parking lots, fencing, railways, dams, irrigation systems, sewage and storm water drainage systems.

you can read up it all here

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/work-holiday-417/specified-work

Annag369 wrote: »

3). What would be my options after the first year? I’ll likely won’t want to return home and loads of Irish people have remained in Australia permanently in the past so how could I go about in getting a permanent residence or longer than a year?

4). Can I get onto a second working holiday visa from doing childcare work?

You can get a Employer sponsored visa but only in a specified regional area.

https://www.seekvisa.com.au/sol/child-care-worker/

You only get a 2nd WHV from doing specified work in particular postcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Annag369

mandrake04 wrote: »
    You can get a Employer sponsored visa but only in a specified regional area.

https://www.seekvisa.com.au/sol/child-care-worker/

You only get a 2nd WHV from doing specified work in particular postcode.

So basically, there’s no way for me to remain in Sydney after doing a 1 yr working holiday visa in childcare work?? Would I be able to migrate say and get a permanent visa that way?

Or say if I work initially in one of the registered post codes in NSW like 2311 but if I got a employer sponsored visa then could I move into Sydney or would I have to remain in that area working?

So basically, there’s no way for me to remain in Sydney after doing a 1 yr working holiday visa in childcare work?? Would I be able to migrate say and get a permanent visa that way?

You need to do 88 days specified work to get another WHV, so you can do 9 months Childcare and 3 months of specified work in the designated regional postcode.

You can’t get a permanent visa with childcare it’s not on the list and it’s not on the list for TSS sponsorship visa either, and since 187 visa is now closed the only option is 494 Employer sponsored visa in a regional area..this can lead to permanent residency.

Or say if I work initially in one of the registered post codes in NSW like 2311 but if I got a employer sponsored visa then could I move into Sydney or would I have to remain in that area working?

Yes you can do that, you can work for 3 years in a regional area on a 494 then apply for another visa like PR.

Of course for 494 you are at the mercy of finding a willing employer to sponsor due to shortage of people, an area like central coast postcode 2311 it’s close to Sydney and there isn’t a shortage of people as there is in the outback.

Advertisement