Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Frankie Boyles tour of Scotland - bbc2

• 07-02-2020 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭

On now, really engaging so far as usual

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

He’s funny, but very very sharp too. A great combination for a comedian.

Interesting section about land ownership in Scotland.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    He’s funny, but very very sharp too. A great combination for a comedian.

Interesting section about land ownership in Scotland.
    So sharp, his little off the cuffs remarks are brilliant.

The little talk about Glencoe...absolutely brilliant lol...the Jimmy Saville bit...fecking hell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

He's been talking about the making of this on his Instagram for the last few months. It hasn't disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I wonder can you do tours of that power station.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Reminds me a lot of Billy Connolly's 1994 series 'World Tour of Scotland'. It was nice that he referenced it too. He's grown on me a lot over the last few years as his material has become more thoughtful than the sort of shite he was phoning in years ago on Mock the Week - "the Queen's pussy is haunted" and "Rebecca Adlington looks like a reflection on the back of a spoon".

Reminds me a lot of Billy Connolly's 1994 series 'World Tour of Scotland'. It was nice that he referenced it too. He's grown on me a lot over the last few years as his material has become more thoughtful than the sort of shite he was phoning in years ago on Mock the Week - "the Queen's pussy is haunted" and "Rebecca Adlington looks like a reflection on the back of a spoon".
    I always liked him, but definitely a bit more nuanced these days his bits on New world order are fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Verily enjoyable. His riff on the Paedo Tracksuit was rather good, I could see that being developed into a dedicated segment in his live set.

Advertisement