Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

God child’s first xmas

• 02-12-2019 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭

Any ideas for gifts for my god daughters first xmas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Anyone?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Along with something small & toy-like, a book or teddy bear etc I’ve been buying my Goddaughter a Christmas decoration for their tree every year. There’s loads of options, cheap & expensive, and most of them come in a small presentation box so they can be kept together & it’s something she can look forward to doing as she gets older. She’s onto her sixth decoration this year, and I keep a list of what’s been bought already so I don’t double up on any type of decoration or brand. I was going to continue buying them for her, along with a small present, until she was 21. I have 2 Godson’s too but I didn’t think they’d appreciate the decoration-type thing as much as they got older. It’s easy enough to maintain, I think she likes getting them & having something that’s hers just for the tree & there’s literally hundreds of one-off decorations available every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Yeah the tree decoration is a lovely idea...we have himselves first decoration on our tree along with our children's first Christmas decorations. Newbridge do lovely ones and they can be engraved, there are also pop up stores that do ceramic ones in alot of major shopping centres, you can get names and dates wrote on them.

Disney store also do mickey and Minnie mouse teddies with the year embroidered on the foot... I got them for nieces/ nephews and own kids.

If you plan on getting a big toy talk to the parents first....we've had to say to one of the childs godparents ... Don't care what you get them how cheap/expensive it is but keep it small in size as we just don't have the space...they went slightly overboard one year.....absolutely adore the present but it's in the attic, which is a complete waste.....it will come back down this year, the child was too small for it too :)

Advertisement