Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Thanks guys, the tests are just to get the different transmitters in place and ready to go. Unfortunately the loop online is just a few songs, only two days to go!

Do you guys wanna see the studio? I'll upload a quick tour if you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭VanZan

Thanks guys, the tests are just to get the different transmitters in place and ready to go. Unfortunately the loop online is just a few songs, only two days to go!

Do you guys wanna see the studio? I'll upload a quick tour if you like?
    Yeah!

Shot and edited on my iphone so sorry about the quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Where is the test transmission?

Testing doesnt fully happen till tomorrow. It's a temporary license issue im afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Shot and edited on my iphone so sorry about the quality.

This was a nice touch I must say, so thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭washiskin

Awww thanks a mil for that Ronan.

You really know how to treat your listeners :)

When is your first stint?

washiskin wrote: »
    When is your first stint?

Aw thank you. I'm doing the first Saturday Night show from 10pm - 1am. Very excited to be back on radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Thanks Liamo22,

Frequencies are:

Dublin 94.3
    Kildare 88.1 (This is a new reigon for us - were covering the commuter belt)
    Limerick 105.5
    Cork 106.7
    Galway 89.5
    South East Region 103.8

Launching at 8am on the 29th. Our charity partner is Focus Ireland, and we're grateful to EBS and the Irish Daily Mail for being our sponsors again for this year and make this all possible.

By south east, where do you mean? I'm 10 miles south of kilkenny, is there any hope for it?!

Where did people get the idea there would be a test transmission today? I've checked the website, facebook and here and there's no suggestion of it.

• Advertisement

VanZan wrote: »
    Where did people get the idea there would be a test transmission today? I've checked the website, facebook and here and there's no suggestion of it.

I'm listening to it.....every now & then there's a recorded message saying it's a test.

I'm listening to it.....every now & then there's a recorded message saying it's a test.
    Oh you mean the stream on the website? I thought people meant on the radio. :rolleyes: Silly me!

:edit: Nope there's no stream on the website and I've tuned to 105.5 and there's only static. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

VanZan wrote: »
    Oh you mean the stream on the website? I thought people meant on the radio. :rolleyes: Silly me!

:edit: Nope there's no stream on the website and I've tuned to 105.5 and there's only static. :confused:

I was listening to it on FM in Dublin all day! they just said on their facebook page that they are testing out the different transmitters and today was Dublin!

:D

By south east, where do you mean? I'm 10 miles south of kilkenny, is there any hope for it?!

South East is the Wicklow, Waterford area... Depending where you are you may be able to pick it up, give it a try tomorrow.

Other option is to get the iphone App which we'll announce soon :)

Sorry VanZan, there was some test transmissions earlier in Dublin. Today we'll have tests everywhere, tomorrow (Tuesday) we are live. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

South East is the Wicklow, Waterford area... Depending where you are you may be able to pick it up, give it a try tomorrow.

Other option is to get the iphone App which we'll announce soon :)

Sorry VanZan, there was some test transmissions earlier in Dublin. Today we'll have tests everywhere, tomorrow (Tuesday) we are live. :)

sososososososososososo cannot wait. nechance of an adroid app to go with the iphone one?

Don't think so, unless anyone here cant do one up for us??

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Max Keller

Apparently its back on air tomorrow. Can't wait :). Max.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Moved from Music.

eeeeep tomorrow is nearly here. :) must remember how to tune d radio

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

8 hours til launch!! woo hoo!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Just a few more hours, yippeeeee! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Christmas music started in work for me yesterday ;)

I've a few long journeys coming up, looking forward to the Christmas tunes in the car :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's baaaack!
    Thank you guys for giving up your time this Christmas bringing cheer to all and raising money for a great cause. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

iPhone app doesnt seem to be working at the moment :(

Just sent in a request - I can't believe it's finally here! eeeeep!:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Has anyone else's live stream gone down? :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    iPhone app doesnt seem to be working at the moment :(

App not working for me either! :(

Has anyone else's live stream gone down? :confused:

mine went down just there now, and before it went it was all tinny sounding :(

i canni get it on the radio here in wicklow cos i am right down at sea level - as in right next to the sea

• Advertisement

Hopefully its only teething problems and it will all be sorted soon :)

Advertisement