Guidelines for posting
1. Post a screen shot of a town or city outside of Ireland;
2. Picture should contain at least one public point of reference. i.e. Church, monument, pub, river, cliff, mountain;
3. Where the pic is proving too difficult the poster can give clues or post a further more obvious pic of the town or city should be posted;
4. Correct guesser gets to post next, unless they waive their go on thread;
5. Correct guesser should wait for confirmation from the poster that they are actually correct before posting, unless the poster hasn't come back to the thread for a few hours or they can post the same pic from street view;
6. If the correct guesser hasn't posted a pic in 24 hrs or has not responded to a guess within 24 hours it's open to the community to post a new pic;
7. 1 guess per post and no successive posting;
8. OP doesn't confirm/deny the country/continent for the first 20 guesses or 24 hours;
9. keep it light-hearted and fun.
Here is how to post a pic
1. Find a place on Google Streetview
3. Open MS Paint or something
5. Scribble over any indentifying features
6. Save the file on your computer
7. Add it as an attachment to your post
8. Follow the link in your own post, and Copy it
9. Edit your post, and click on the little mountains & sun icon with the yellow sky
10. Paste in your link, and Save your edited post.
There's a popular thread in this forum called Guess the Location (town or village) and the locations are always in Ireland.
So I was thinking, might be fun to have a parallel thread where you can guess the location around the world. The rules would be similar but they might evolve a bit differently. I think that each pick should be distinctive enough to make the country chosen reasonably easy to guess. Once a poster got that far, the originator would confirm and perhaps provide a framework for getting closer to the target. For example, if the guess were New Zealand, you could say now which part of the two main islands do you think, if you're not able to guess a location. And it would narrow down that way.
Old thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2057384577