Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coroners inquest

• 01-04-2019 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Wondering about the inquest process, are they (Coroner, Garda) required to tell victims families that it’s taking place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CplMick

If the Inquest is into a family member you are normally informed by the coroners office and it is up to you then if you wish to attend.

I am not a 100% sure it is a requirement but I believe it maybe.
    If you contact the coroners court in writing and ask to be informed explaining your relationship to the case I believe they will reply to you.
    They may also reply outlining your level of requirements with any such hearing i.e. if they intend to call you as a witness or if your attendance is a requirement...
    The Coroners court is alway's for the Victim and the Facts first and foremost and are generally good at dealing with the family in a understanding and as helpful as they can sort of way.

Hope This Helps.

If you are asking this on your own behalf My condolences on your Loss.

Advertisement