Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things that more than trivially annoy you, like acronyms

• 21-04-2020 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭

Follow on from the TA thread, where my current mood is far beyond that. So if there isn't already one, we can use this as a 'Things that Pish You The Fuk Off'Things that more than trivially annoy you, like acronyms' thread, where more anger is involved!

So to start, in the TA thread, I was annoyed that my Troubleshooting role is basically Admin now. Well, last week they got us to do more admin work, and now, tonight, we have to go back and double check all that work because they didn't give proper instructions last week! This is the third time this has happened since I joined just over 7 months ago that we've had to double check work due to incomplete/incorrect steps provided to us. I'm ready to hop the work provided laptop off the wall!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

That crap new Enid Blyton book ..
    twenty. ..Five Go Camping in the Curragh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,711 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Ignorant **** holes that totally block foothpaths with their car forcing pedastrians onto the street.

You know the ones... Like they nearly make it into the driveway but stop just short, these are possibly the most selfish pricks that drive cars.

Scumbags hanging around in groups acting invincible and making noise.

Also, the joke of a judicial service in Ireland.

And that i live in a 'rough' area instead of out in the middle or rural Ireland where i never see anyone.

(all the above are related)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Those grey cloth tracksuit pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When people unnecessarily use acronyms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,153 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

PsychoPete wrote: »
    When people unnecessarily use acronyms

Happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

PITA, TBH. CBA.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Myself. I am really getting on my own nerves now. Why can I not cop the **** on?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Happy?

I appreciate it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

People that have to open & plunder new items before the old item used up.
    Bought new Hand soap bottle and placed behind older one that has approx 1/4 left. Just noticed yesterday that old ones be lasting ages... Ohhh house mates been using the newer one behind it as its 1/4 gone outta it... :mad: JESUS they are the same brand, smell, color use the older one first. I wouldnt mind its actually awkward to get at it due to it being behind the other one.
    Same with toilet roles, got a nice new pack of 18 rolls for house, placed it under whats left of the old packet (5 left in the pack). I go in to change bin alas old packet thrown to side and the new packet torn open as the 5 older ones were not good enough. Must have a best before wipe your hole date:rolleyes: I wonder if he was paying for them would he do the same;) Might have to stop supplying them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,125 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Stupid portmanteaus to describe things (Brexit for example), particularly grating when describing a celebrity couple (Brangelina, Kimye) :mad:

Stupid portmanteaus to describe things (Brexit for example), particularly grating when describing a celebrity couple (Brangelina, Kimye) :mad:

I'm actually surprised one hasn't been created for the virus yet. China-virus-gate or some sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

As already mentioned, the judicial system, what seems to be, quite frankly a bias against Irish people.
    Reading the northern standard court pages A: a young Irish lad slightly over the alcohol limit.
    No previous. Car taxed as and insured , gets a whopping fine .
    B: foreign national . More over the limit.
    No tax , no insurance.
    3rd conviction for all three.
    Minimal fine and banned, like that's suddenly going to make a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Absolute funts.

Advertisement