Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

just stayin in drinkin 2nite

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

RobAMerc wrote: »
    this night last year I stayed in with the wifes family and my kids - it was awful, I was depressed as hell and thought I'd done something wrong to deserve being stuck in with them.
    since then, my dad died, I got fired, my mum was diagnosed with a pretty **** cancer and my BIL and friend was diagnosed with a serious dose of it too ( rough times coming)
    this year I stayed in with my wifes family, man I appreciate what lovely people they are, how fun my kids are, the joy of good banter and the genuine honest to jesus privilege it is to be with people you love.

Wishing only the best for you in 2020. *hugs*

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Well Dark Crystal is trying to shift the remote from her blokes lamha if that counts.

Looks like that's the closest I'll be getting to a shift tonight - he's fecked off to bed with the 'man flu' and left me alone with Jim Morrison on the telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 john343

Still up, gonna watch Point Break on BBC1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

fryup wrote: »
    new year's eve i always find utterly depressing another year older another year nearer death

*as you can gather i'm great fun to be with, that's why i'm here alone browsing the web

Well, if NYE is your birthday, that's fair enough. But if not, you're not a year older. So stop projecting and snap out of it.
    Ps life's about experiencing, not fun. Some of the funnier interactions and insights I've had have been on Boards.
    ,ðŸ‘🙂

john343 wrote: »
    Still up, gonna watch Point Break on BBC1

Ooh nice one! Johnny Utah!

• Advertisement

Looks like that's the closest I'll be getting to a shift tonight - he's fecked off to bed with the 'man flu' and left me alone with Jim Morrison on the telly.

He showed you the Door(s) and then he departed. Definitely man flu. V mixed up

An Ri rua wrote: »
    He showed you the Door(s) and then he departed. Definitely man flu. V mixed up

Story of my life An Ri rua...

It's ok, I get to spend the night with Keanu Reeves & Patrick Swayze, so could be worse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Well, if NYE is your birthday, that's fair enough. But if not, you're not a year older. So stop projecting and snap out of it.
    Ps life's about experiencing, not fun. Some of the funnier interactions and insights I've had have been on Boards.
    ,ðŸ‘🙂

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."
    Mark Twain

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

this night last year I stayed in with the wifes family and my kids - it was awful, I was depressed as hell and thought I'd done something wrong to deserve being stuck in with them.
    since then, my dad died, I got fired, my mum was diagnosed with a pretty **** cancer and my BIL and friend was diagnosed with a serious dose of it too ( rough times coming)
    this year I stayed in with my wifes family, man I appreciate what lovely people they are, how fun my kids are, the joy of good banter and the genuine honest to jesus privilege it is to be with people you love.

Raising my glass here. Wishing you the best. Happy 2020.

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."
    Mark Twain

"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.”

-Jules Winfield

• Advertisement

"And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.”

-Jules Winfield

F<ck him, he left his rubbish on the table.

F<ck him, he left his rubbish on the table.

True dat. Who eats Big Kahuna burgers at 8 in the morning anyway? Seriously?

If it was the middle of the day, and Boards was overrun, your post would get a thousand thanks.

Whether it's hard times, the lens of alcohol or whatever form a swift re-alignment of the gonads comes in, you have experienced the wealth that a King can't buy. Diamonds at our feet, there every day. Bad **** happens frequently and progressively in life, but eternal truths are always there, like s bell ringing in the fog.
    Fair dues to you for saying hello to your better self in the mirror. Be well in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Some fcukkn hell tonight, my fckin brother in in law is currently being detained for 6 hours under section 4(a) of the Criminal Justice (Public Order) Act 1994.

Fcking bollox went wild tonight. He moonsaulted off a low end bar top and inadvertently injured two women in the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Ruben James

Some fcukkn hell tonight, my fckin brother in in law is currently being detained for 6 hours under section 4(a) of the Criminal Justice (Public Order) Act 1994.

Fcking bollox went wild tonight. He moonsaulted off a low end bar top and inadvertently injured two women in the process.

What's moonsaulted? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

What's moonsaulted? :D
    Backward sommersaulted off a bar top , his knees came down onto a big gaggle of women.

They became hysterical in the aftermath and guards were called. The guard who arrested him is a friend of mine. He told me he's going to hold Simon for 6 hours for 4a of public order. He was arrested for an offence contrary to sec 4 and failure to comply with a Sec 8 order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Backward sommersaulted off a bar top , his knees came down onto a big gaggle of women.

They became hysterical in the aftermath and guards were called. The guard who arrested him is a friend of mine. He told me he's going to hold Simon for 6 hours for 4a of public order. He was arrested for an offence contrary to sec 4 and failure to comply with a Sec 8 order.

I'm out man. Down the lane with a bottle of bucky and a nodge...hurry up man

Am I reading this right? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Am I reading this right? :confused:

Seems to me what was a nice relaxed thread took a left turn into a strange place.

The lesson here is Drink Responsibly I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Drank half the bottle of prosecco , was in bed by half 11. Conked until half 9 this morning .

Best sleep I've had in weeks!

• Advertisement

Another night, another night in. :)

As I said last night.... WHOA, MICHAEL VAN GERWEN! :D

(Although I really hope that Snakebite has it in him to take the title. He deserves it this year after the performance he's put in)

For those who have no clue what I mean - Darts final is on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,853 ✭✭✭✭anewme

They became hysterical in the aftermath...

Hope the women are all ok. It's that type of gormless messing that causes serious injuries to people.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Another night, another night in. :)

As I said last night.... WHOA, MICHAEL VAN GERWEN! :D

(Although I really hope that Snakebite has it in him to take the title. He deserves it this year after the performance he's put in)

For those who have no clue what I mean - Darts final is on :)

And indeed he did.

And indeed he did.

Yup.. Great match and well deserved winner.

I should have put a few quid on. Ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I forgot about the fireworks. Probably isn’t worth going to the scratcher before 12 so. There’s usually a right go of them here.

Reminds me of a couple of Dublin lads in a pub I worked in (Waterford) asking why some guy in the toilets was asking if they wanted to buy fireworks....

Advertisement