Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

• 24-03-2018 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Sasha Thoughtless Bayou

Watching these wonderful mums and their children made me smile and brought a tearfully happy memory of my late ever loving cousin. Happy to see how our society has moved on for the good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Wow Srameen, your post is number 9,999 in this thread. Only one more to go for the big 10k!

Make it special guys! We only get one shot at this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Sasha Thoughtless Bayou

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Wow Srameen, your post is number 9,999 in this thread. Only one more to go for the big 10k!

Make it special guys! We only get one shot at this.
    It was No. 10,000.:)

We're now over our allowance. Extra charges will now apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

I love making the boards hamsters peddle extra fast!!

I love making the boards hamsters peddle extra fast!!

I can smell burning....

Cut over fifty daffodils for the house and Mrs S has a huge grin on her face as a result.

I planted well over a thousand daffs over the years and, wow, was it worth it.

Primroses, hyacinths, and crocus are all smiling at us this morning as well, so we'll just smile back at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

A day like this when every window in the house can be opened wide makes me happy. The warmth of the sun and the freshness of the air...looking forward to going for a long walk later. Small things are the important things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My 39 year old male next door neighbour just knocked in to me to see could I open a jar of sauce as he wasn’t able, and I did it :cool:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

GIRL POWER!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,489 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

My 39 year old male next door neighbour just knocked in to me to see could I open a jar of sauce as he wasn’t able, and I did it

Now you have to let him ask you in a date. They're the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Neames

An hour long hike up the mountains with the Mrs......followed by a lovely lunch in a nice coffee shop.

Nice ache in the leg muscles now. Perfect time to put the feet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Poochie05

7pm and it's still bright outside, tomorrow it will be 8pm and still bright outside

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

It was a beautiful day.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

northgirl wrote: »
    It was a beautiful day.

Utterly, totally, fabulously .. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

northgirl wrote: »
    It was a beautiful day.

Seconded!

I'm also happy that most of my Saturday stuff is finished.
    Football match and kids birthday party are done and the house has been cleaned post party.
    Now just for the mother-in-law to arrive this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

Feeling tired and a bit fragile after the best night out in a long time. Delighted it's still only Saturday night, and I'm going to Eddie Rocket's later to comfort eat my hangover away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

W10 Pro's now installed on my laptop, and nearly everything I want is intact. This time, Discord and OneNote have to function fully, all the time. And the internet has to stay on when it's on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Saw two kitty's today, tuxedo cat sitting proud up on his window sill on a balcony type thing looking down on everyone as if he was the king :D and a foxy kitty staring at bushes, I think he was watching the birds :3 .

My 39 year old male next door neighbour just knocked in to me to see could I open a jar of sauce as he wasn’t able, and I did it :cool:

^^^ Miss Mussels from Brussels here like :3 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Just in from the back garden. It's like an orchestra of birdsong out there. Beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Put minstrel in mouth, take a sip of tea, minstrel melts into yummy mush. Mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

It was a busy Saturday with friends over, kiddies friends' over too, cooking for everyone, tidying and cleaning, but now it's all done, and TH tomorrow I'm heading away for two days on my own, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkk.

Imma play that Mogli album real hard in the car.
    Cos that's how badass I am.
    :cool::P

Mrs S often says I don't suffer fools gladly, and she's right. But today I received a few messages thanking me for utilising that very trait. It's nice to know I'm not alone. :)

• Advertisement

Imma play that Mogli album real hard in the car. Cos that's how badass I am.

Please say it's come on die young?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

When you look at what and who you have in life realising what the important things are and feel so lucky to have them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Please say it's come on die young?

Ewww... no. Sorry, no. Mogli. Not Mogwai. I'll leave that one to you.
    I'm a frumpy fourty something woman fgs.
    I take the badass back.:o:o

edit : oh dear listened to that Mogwai a bit, good thing it's not that, I'd be like that trying not to dose off. Sorry :D:D
    https://www.askideas.com/media/49/Mr-Bean-Matchstick-Eyes-Funny-Image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

You're some happy lot :pac:

Old thread here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057157962

Panic over when the other thread was closed.

Thought it was something I said.

Happy thought to start us on the next turn of the wheel....

The real cherishing love of another, special, person in your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭mojesius

-Brand new bed sheets on new bed
    -Baby daughter asleep by 830pm and staying asleep
    -Going back to my first fitness class tomorrow morning post-baby. I've never been so excited about exercise in my life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Completely rearranged my bedroom today and when I was sorting through a drawer, I found a pair of earrings that I was given as a present but thought I'd lost.

edit : oh dear listened to that Mogwai a bit, good thing it's not that, I'd be like that trying not to dose off. Sorry

Well. Guess who's going on the list?!!... :)

When you look at what and who you have in life realising what the important things are and feel so lucky to have them

Did you ever know that you're my hero?...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

new car smell.

just makes everything in the world right for about 30 seconds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement