Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stevie Ray Vaughan

• 28-01-2018 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭

I think he the greatest guitar player ever, have a listen and see what you think, and none of yer guns and roses ****e now, he's an amateur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOYoM1mEL0Q

21/25

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Christ, I thought he'd died again.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

k

• Registered Users Posts: 51,103 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Na, that's Jackie Chan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

he was a great player alright, there are a few things I heard about his playing preferences, he used heavy gauge strings, (I think 13's +) so as to achieve that 'plum' sound a lot of the blues players preferred. Because the strings were heavy gauge, he used to drop the tuning by a half tone to give the strings a bit less tension, which made the guitar more easy to play. His guitar was sometimes tuned to E flat in other words.

On top of this, he would use super-glue on his finger tips to add an extra layer of hardness to make playing the heavy gauge strings more easy.

btw he played the lead guitar on David Bowie's China Girl, and I think Let's Dance also

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Not sure why we bother having a perfectly good set of music forums if people are just going to post here anyway. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Zaph wrote: »
    Not sure why we bother having a perfectly good set of music forums if people are just going to post here anyway. :confused:

maybe its because of the lack of response on the music forums, plus you could be awakening more people on AH to the talents of such great musicians as Stevie Ray Vaughan.. it is a pleasant change to some of the Malarkey that is posted on AH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Stevie was good, but these two are better. IMO

Advertisement