Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭DeWanderer

This might help someone:

I tried a number of different VPNs and none allowed me to buy Turgame vouchers. I ended up buying a voucher on G2A.com. It costing €6.26 ($6.53) for a 75 Lira voucher. This allowed me to get 7 weeks on a standard HD account. My 'backup' payment method is my Irish bank account, so hopefully the next Lira payment will be taken automatically from this (probably wishful thinking).

Note: The voucher key would not work on my Android phone. I had to use a windows PC (had VPN on in both cases). It then wouldn't accept the Irish bank account as 'back up' payment method, so I went back in my browser, tried it again, and it worked second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Like a lot of people, my Revolut card that I was using for Turkish Netflix sub was replaced recently.

No matter what I tried I couldn't update it on their site. I tried a few different VPNs connected to Turkey/Cyprus and using incognito. Tried different browsers and different devices but always either asked for a Turkish phone number or got an error saying the payment method wasn't accepted.

Anyway, I got onto their chat support and asked for the in chat payment update option (found an article on Reddit where this option was mentioned) & it worked straight away. Got a Revolut authorisation and an email saying my payment method was updated.

Dont know if it was needed, but I was connected to Turkey on VPN and on incognito when onto chat.

Apologies if this was mentioned before, haven't read the whole thread but hope it helps some of ye. I'm good until 2027 now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

You are a legend that worked perfectly for me. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Another update :-)

G2A wouldn't process payment, kept bombing out

Turgame briefly showed 200TL available so tried to buy 2 but order was cancelled. Ended up buying 4 x 100TL which worked out cheaper than 2 x 200TL. Note, failed to process twice before going through. Took about 45 minutes then for the keys to come through on email.

Loaded all 4 (via Hola browser) this morning , 1 by 1 on same profile and all applied no problems.

So looks like it's just hit and miss on the vouchers ... Both buying and applying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

You absolute legend. After months of messing with this it worked a treat after a lot of back and forth and refusals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,258 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Petition for this post to be stickied, worked a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭j_mo

Sorry for asking but are you the person who signed up for paramount plus Colombia through the play store. I'm trying to do it but not getting anywhere in spite of using several different vpns. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

Sign up to Voot in India. It has a lot of Paramount+ and Showtime stuff. About €5 for the year and works with Getflix.

No Yellowstone or 1883 though but has the latest Star Trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Tried do use this method tonight but in the chat with the agent they emailed the payment link to me so didn't work. What did you say to them to give you the in chat payment option? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When I was having problems I tried the chat but they started asking where I was located and if I was using a VPN so i just quit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Just told them I needed the in chat payment form, had to repeat myself free times though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

That method wouldn't work for me last year, they were having none of it. Mainly because I was in Netflix mexico back in 2018. Like other posters here.

But.....like other posters, I manage to put in my card. Working methods change regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,258 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I made out that I was an idiot who couldn't use the main form, that worked pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

your back up payment should work - i had my sub on an irish card. i didn't delete the card details from account, but loaded up on vouchers from g2a, which expired at the start of this month - payment defaulted then to the original card and went thru no issue.

your back up payment should work - i had my sub on an irish card. i didn't delete the card details from account, but loaded up on vouchers from g2a, which expired at the start of this month - payment defaulted then to the original card and went thru no issue.

It will be great if it does for me too, as I have 2 years left till my card expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭jamesd

Trying to purchase with Turgame and they are asking me to verify with a Turkish mobile sms ? How do I get around this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Buy from their Euro page rather than the Turkish one. Price should be in Euro

Purchased 2 *100 turgame from EU website in euro but when I then VPN to turkey and go to Netflix redeem it will not accept the codes, says try later.

Have tried a few times and no luck, no go with my revoult card either.

Post edited by jamesd on

I had the same problem with G2A vouchers. I was using an Android phone. I switched to a Windows PC and the code was accepted first time of trying.

I'll try that in the morning, thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Darby_321

When you done this was it a live agent you ended up with on their chat support? Was onto chat there and she still said to me i need to update my phone number in order to update my card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Try converting some money into Turkish lira on your revolut card. I had trouble with being asked for turkish mobile number until I added lira.

Once I did it, no problem adding card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Mine wouldn't go through with the vpn. I had to turn it off and log into the Irish version of netflix as normal and they went straight through.

This worked, went ahead then and purchased vouchers to keep me going until next March.

Cannot get it working with Revolut , tried purchasing some Lira and still the same, chatted with Revolut and they said they see no request from netflix and netflix say its revolut's issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Darby_321

Thanks for the advice. Yes I have Turkish Lira on my account. Just cannot seem to get passed the Phone Number part no matter what method I try. I just need to get lucky once with it 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I just changed my revolut card just now and it was accepted without VPN but I will have to wait till the next payment date to see if it goes through. Like everyone my Revolut card is going to stop working within the next 80 days so I said I better update it. By the way I am on a turkey subscription and was in my Irish account to change the card and they never asked for a mobile number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

My monthly Turkish Netflix TRY payment last week went through/completed on my new revolut Visa so once your new revolut card was added successfully to Netflix you shouldn't have anything to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

It was live agent, Flora. She only asked me to confirm my email address. I was all done in a couple of mins.

Maybe try again with a different agent or try the suggestion of converting some Revolut money to Lira? (edit: just seen you tried that!)

My account was always a Turkish one, whereas some people created an Irish first and then moved and others were on the Mexican one for a while etc. so maybe that explains why it was straight forward for me, not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I had the same experience as above just confirm email and was given a secure page to enter card details. Used VPN and went incognito on chrome have turkish lira in my revolut and was never subscribed to another country ( bar Ireland obviously)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

I just got a message saying rate was going up to 77.99 TRL

New pricingHi CThe cost of your plan has changed. This change takes effect Thursday, 9th June 2022. You can view your updated membership details by visiting your Account.PlanPremiumNew Plan Price77.99 TLWe hope you’re enjoying Netflix, and we're always adding new TV programmes and films for our members to enjoy.We're here to help if you need it. Visit the Help Centre for more info or contact us..

Anyone know what this is about?

Advertisement