Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

alwald wrote: »
    So I can watch without a VPN? if so then it's more interesting :D
    Is there any free VPN to use?

I used my phone and Tunnel Bear.
    Downloaded the app, tunnel to Mexico set up the account with Revolut, uninstalled the app and hey presto 4 screen Ultra HD Netflix for just over half the cost here in Ireland.

Have a good friend living in Mexico so if it all goes belly up then I can just pretend that he set it up for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    You don’t need a vpn to watch I’m telling you, the vpn is only needed to create the acc.

Can you do this if you already have an account? I mean cancel it and re set it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Can you do this if you already have an account? I mean cancel it and re set it up?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭damo80

alwald wrote: »
    Is anybody interested in creating an Irish account for 4 people and split the cost :D:D?

yes please

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭smck321

sugarman wrote:
    Yeah works with 3

I've never heard of anyone whose got that to work, how do you do it,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I'm going in through Tunnelbear via Mexico but prices still showing as per the Irish version. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 FTT2004

Same here. 13.99/m for the premium. I'm using Tunnelbear. Could that be the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 FTT2004

FTT2004 wrote: »
    Same here. 13.99/m for the premium. I'm using Tunnelbear. Could that be the issue?

Just tried with two other VPNs on iPhone and using cellular. Sh1t. I think they've copped on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,168 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

It works fine. Use Hola in Chrome (then uninstall Hola right afterwards).

Use Colombia and you can get it for €8.27.
    b8b5da1a89d52fb69422a6b8a6b3be44.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Works fine for me using TunnelBear. Are u sure the bear has dug to Mexico?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Ya - just checked it there and showing as location Mexico. When I got to register it's shows as Mexico but pricing just the same as Irish version

• Registered Users Posts: 15,168 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Keano wrote: »
    Ya - just checked it there and showing as location Mexico. When I got to register it's shows as Mexico but pricing just the same as Irish version

Clear your cache.

Cleared cache on phone browser and that did the trick. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

just signed up there now using Hola no problems & thanks for the info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

skilachi wrote: »
    Count me in
    dinneenp wrote: »
    Yes please. Count me in if doing this please.
    damo80 wrote: »
    yes please

I just checked using TunnelBear and the top subscription for 4 screens is like 8.67 so 2.5 EUR each monthly :D:D...Who wants to set up the account??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

All set up in 5 minutes :D

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

I'll go in with someone if you need some numbers. Just let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Me too

Just remember ye all share a login, ye can all see what each other is watching and theres no way in stopping one of ye hogging the 4 screens (i think)

TheDriver wrote: »
    Just remember ye all share a login, ye can all see what each other is watching and theres no way in stopping one of ye hogging the 4 screens (i think)

But 4 people could watch 4 different shows at the same time? That'll do me as I'll only ever have 1 screen on the go at any time and rarely at that.
    I'd expect the other 3 to play fair also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

jay0109 wrote: »
    But 4 people could watch 4 different shows at the same time? That'll do me as I'll only ever have 1 screen on the go at any time and rarely at that.

Same, only one screen mainly 2 or 3 evenings a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

At 8.65 pm I'm happy to keep control of my login details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

At 8.65 pm I'm happy to keep control of my login details

Me too , €8.65/month and some evenings we have 3 screens going concurrently..Basic SKY is getting cancelled aswell as we never use it now.

Ah come one folks....caring is sharing! And the weather outside is bad too so want somethign to watch for the next day or two.
    Will transfer money online immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Hmmm around 26 euro a year for 4. I'm in if anyone's making a group.

jay0109 wrote: »

Yes but it only takes one scab to use their tablet and TV at same time and you're knocked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

TheDriver wrote: »
    Yes but it only takes one scab to use their tablet and TV at same time and you're knocked off.
    Hmmm around 26 euro a year for 4. I'm in if anyone's making a group.

Let me rephrase, anyone resolutely single, living alone with no kids want to make a group with other such people and me? I promise on my own left foot to only ever use one screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Which one is cheaper: Mexico or Colombia?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭cletus

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    Which one is cheaper: Mexico or Colombia?

Think Colombia, but by 30 or 40 cent. I find small fluctuations every month due to exchange rates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

cletus wrote: »
    Think Colombia, but by 30 or 40 cent. I find small fluctuations every month due to exchange rates

Can you pay the full 12 months in one go or is pay-monthly the only option?

Advertisement