Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

OmegaGene wrote: »
    That’s probably to do with the vpn

It lets me go through until the final payment confirmation page, where it then says the payment method is invalid. I've tried Hola and NordVPN. Would you recommend any other one?

I used vpn unlimited but hola works too
    Have you set the payment info and phone number up on the Irish account before trying to move so all you are doing is restarting your membership ?

Yep, my payment is currently working on the Argentinian Netflix so I don't know why it should be different with the Turkish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Trying this with Turkish VPN (with Nord) but am seeing the prices in USD. Anyone any ideas?

xckjoo wrote: »
    Trying this with Turkish VPN (with Nord) but am seeing the prices in USD. Anyone any ideas?

Nord VPN aren't great and generally for websites like netflix just use the US version

jdon72 wrote: »
    Nord VPN aren't great and generally for websites like netflix just use the US version

I see other people have problems with Nord too. Netflix must have a list of their serverd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭BobMc

No joy for me after moving to a pc broweser, have a paid Express VPN account prices show as turkey but payment just wont process. Tried Hola free but no joy at all with that

BobMc wrote: »
    No joy for me after moving to a pc broweser, have a paid Express VPN account prices show as turkey but payment just wont process. Tried Hola free but no joy at all with that
    I got the Turkish prices but both my Revolut and my KBC card were rejected. Also tried Revolut back with an Irish account and that was rejected too. I have a Curve card but I'm locked out of the app at the moment for some reason.

I've been waiting 24hrs or so before trying each time, clearing cookies and cache each time too

perhaps a different VPN ?

If you keep trying to pay with different cards your Netflix account will be frozen and that’s why you can’t pay on the Irish account
    Don’t forget Cookies and cache
    Cheers, ya I figured that so taking a break for a while until I see if I can access the curve card again. Using incognito mode each time so think I'm covered there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Is anyone looking for a "family" member on one of the cheaper foreign subs?

• Advertisement

tried using the chat function yesterday evening, wouldnt budge on adding card manually for me, offerred no reason for why card was being declined

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

BobMc wrote: »
    tried using the chat function yesterday evening, wouldnt budge on adding card manually for me, offerred no reason for why card was being declined

Just a guess mind you, but perhaps your VPN isn't doing the job?

What you are you using?

Tried hola free, vpn unlimited and I have a paid Express VPN account. Prices are showing correct for Turkey and web url is correct too.

tested on whatsmyip before going to netflix site, and that confirmed location too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

ive been using provatevpn, find them very helpful if i get in touch. still stuck on argentina for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

theyve made it impossible to sign up lately, i give up

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

theyve made it impossible to sign up lately, i give up

I’ve switched two people in the last week alone, the easiest method is still signing up in Ireland and then using an Irish debit/credit card or even a Curve card, then cancel and wait till your Irish account goes off and then get a VPN, I have never had any problems with Speedify and set it to Turkey and then reactivate your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭lud

finally worked for me. 1st time failed using revolut. I created another account as I didn't fancy paying Irish prices. Austria offered free 30 days, signed up with curve (revolut behind) and Irish mob no. cancelled without changing payment method and renewing from Turkey worked with the same curve.
    I used Tor browser with torrc settings ExitNodes {tr} StrictNodes 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1 spaceboy353

am I supposed to see orange "your account has been cancelled" banner on top of my Netflix account page after cancelling the subscription?

I originally signed up with Ulster Bank cc and cancelled after about 3 quarters of the month and let the subscription to expire. I wait a few days and attempted to renew using PureVPN. The prices were shown in liras so I just attempted to renew using the same payment method and it failed with generic "payment method" error message. I check payment method details and noticed that security code was missing so I re-entered it and tried again and yet again it failed. I also tried using Revolut without much success.

I wait a few days and attempted to renew today. This time I went straight to edit payment method and updated security code. This time the card has been accepted but I have asked to provide Turkish mobile to confirm my account. So back to square one. I think my account might be foobared in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Thank you for your lovely responses, I've signed up again with a ptsb card on the Irish site and I'll wait a month and cancel and then sign in via tor using the Turkish exit nodes and see if it will work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,471 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I switched to Turkey today.
    Had to 1 month at the Irish rate as I'd had a previously active account.
    Setup payment to my CDC card, activated and then immediately cancelled once payment was made.
    Then when the month was up, turned on my windscribe VPN, set location to Turkey and the transaction went through immediately.

Thanks to all for the tips on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

Weird one here. My friend I established on the Irish plan for one month, ending today.
    Used Surfshark to vpn to Turkey. Now the user name and password not accepted so we reset the password but it still rejects the new password.

All tried using incognito mode and then Tor with Turkish exit node

Any ideas?

You broke netflix

Try a different device

Maybe I did. Tried multiple devices. Strange one drop the vpn and login to the Irish site, no problem with password / user name.

VPN to Turkey and it will not recognise the password on any device. Has anyone had this before?

Update

Tor browser with Turkish exit node and waiting overnight did the trick. Was happy from the get go with Revolut too.

So my advice would be sign up for one month in Ireland with Revolut, cancel immediately after payment taken, link an Irish mobile to the account. When sub runs out use modified Tor browser and repeat in twenty four hours if any problems. Do not give up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Just wondering is anyone else on Turkey sub buying the 12months worth of Lira and letting it take from that balance or just leaving the euro amount in and auto converting throughout the year? Part of me wondered if it was keeping the eye off so to speak by having the Lira balance in place

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

5500 wrote: »
    Just wondering is anyone else on Turkey sub buying the 12months worth of Lira and letting it take from that balance or just leaving the euro amount in and auto converting throughout the year? Part of me wondered if it was keeping the eye off so to speak by having the Lira balance in place

This is what I do. I buy it at the start of the year and set up a reminder in my phone to top up and then forget about it. I don’t micro manage the exchange rate or lay awake at night thinking “jesus if only I waited two days I could have save myself 23c” when I’m still saving €12~ a month on the UHD plan.

I buy 41.99 x 12 in TRY do the exchange once and get back to watching Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

You’re underestimating how much the currency can fluctuate, if you see a crash in lira you can make a nice few quid if it rises as it did in my case or worst case scenario you have Netflix covered for ages

It’s easy to set up alerts for when it drops so there’s no need to watch it, I have it done for several currency’s

I’m not really but how often does a currency fluctuate that wildly? I was more targeting the scenario where people hmmm and haw about doing it one way or another and miss the point that they’re still saving loads vs a full price Irish sub.

What VPNs would you recommend using to swap to Turkey? I've tried twice over the last 2 months to sign up to the Turkey one but can't. I've tried Hola VPN and Nord VPN. Also does it make a difference what browser you use or is the VPN is an extension / application?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭andydurnin

On a similar note, anyone hear of Disney+ Hotstar from India. Is it any good. Only €16.64 for a 1 years subscription. use a vpn set to India and it seems to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

andydurnin wrote: »
    On a similar note, anyone hear of Disney+ Hotstar from India. Is it any good. Only €16.64 for a 1 years subscription. use a vpn set to India and it seems to work.

Sent you a private message.

Advertisement