Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wireless Earphones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Hi All,

My Anker Soundcore earphones which were recommended here some time ago have died. Pretty happy with them but planning on upgrading as I found the microphone a bit hollow.

Need to replace, main uses are work calls most of the day with a podcast in the evening. So battery life, microphone and call sound quality are the drivers.

What would people recommend in ear wise?

Jumpa

• Registered Users Posts: 23,241 ✭✭✭✭ted1

If you got them from Amazon they’ll issue a refund or replacement ;) I’m on my 5th pair of headphones. Started with Anker years ago , them moved to Mpow. Whenever they break or batteries go I just get a replacement or refund

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

Depends on your budget. If you're sub €100 landed (so Amazon.co.uk isn't necessarily the best site to buy from) I'd say something like the Transmart Q10's are good value and perform well.

I've a pair of them and always happy to use them for flights etc but if your main priority is work calls on Teams / Zoom / Mobile phone and true multipoint functionality (seamless switching between your Windows PC/Laptop and your phone for call handling) is very important to you I can highly recommend the Microsoft Surface 2 Headphones, they are steep at €279 but I find them absolutely flawless as a work centric set of headphones. I'm sure there are other headphone with better sound stages for audiophiles but for me they are comfortable to wear for 6-8 hours a day, the rotating dials (right for volume and left for the level of ANC) is massively intuitive and means you never ever have to fiddle with buttons unless you want to use the touch pads on each side to skip tracks or pause etc and the sound quality on calls, by which I mean the quality other people hear you speak) is unsurpassed. It's just crystal clear and you don't get that tin can feeling yourself either when making or taking calls, it just feels totally natural like you were talking to someone across your desk.

It's a while since I bought my Q10's so there may be better options available now in that price range, personally I'm a fan of MPOW but at the lower price points I find it's microphone quality which always suffers regardless of brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Yeah the surface 2 seem ideal, just the cost to debate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Bought the Galaxy Buds Live after seeing the deal on here. Very comfy and the sound is the best I've ever had in an earphone. Only used them a bit but the touch controls and touch area a bit of a pain.

Going for a jog in a while. Hopefully they don't move too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭scottygee

Got the same one!!! Pretty much lasted me a year only. I switched to a JBL Wave, pretty decent but it kept slipping off when I go for a run. My friend recommended the new beats but ugh its just mad expensive for the price.

Glad you like them, hopefully they'll stay in when you're out jogging if they already fit quite well. Don't forget to try the different size tips.

Once you get a feel for the touch controls I find they work very well but then I tend to just use the pause and skip to next track functions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Raoul

I am having awful trouble with a pair of Samsung galaxy buds I got last year. One ear bud broke within the first few months and it was sent for repair. Then about two months ago the same ear bud broke. Sent it back for repair and they want 120 euro to fix it. Even though I sent them the receipt of when I got them and it's within a year. Samsung's support is terrible. It is wasting so much of my time following up with them that I would almost be better just buying new ones.

The warranty with them is only 6months by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Anyone tried these https://vodafonefaf.ie/collections/headphones/products/huawei-freebuds-studio-wireless-headphones-graphite-black you can get them for 159 with Vodafone but at that price am I better waiting for the Bose QC35s to come up again?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Are you able to get charging case replacements? I lost my Soundpeat Truefree+ charging case on the Luas today but still have the ear pieces, just no way to charge them!

Post edited by Tar.Aldarion on

• Advertisement

Is there a go to pair around the 60 euro mark for wireless buds?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Q&A

Whats a good price for the Q10's? Out of stock on geekbuying in Germany, Italy don't ship to here and Spain want 18 euro delivery driving the price up to 60ish. Amazon want €68. Are they 60-70 euro headphones? I'm thinking not if they can be got for closer to 40?

I'd say €50 - €55 max delivered. If more than that I'd possibly be looking at alternatives but would nevertheless compare specs and then choose. The Q10's a nice and light to wear, have decent sound and good touch controls + USB C charging. They're pretty decent and may even outperform sets you could be convinced to pay more for.

I've no experience of them but the Soundcore Q30's for €59.99 from Amazon Germany could be a good alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Did a quick look around and it doesn't seem like it. No margins in it I guess.

There's probably someone out there that lost the earphones but not the case. No idea how you'd find them though. Lonely hearts column?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Haha exactly, probably the best chance is this thread since so many people bought them here!

I got the Soundpeat T2's in the meantime, prime trial to get them fast. They also said if I repurchase the original earphones when they are back in stock they'll give me 10% off. Thanks for looking!

I also sent them a blank message by accident first, and they appear to be offering me a job haha.

"Hi friend,

Thanks for contacting us.

May we know if you want to be our agent of SoundPEATS?"

Going for €54 on Aliexpress shipped from Poland before applying coupons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

IIRC they are the QCY QS1/QS2.

The QC2 have a bigger charging case, Not sure if you will find a case on usual sites, but you may get lucky if you send QCY an email. They may also try to hire you too 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Does anyone know the smallest earbuds you can currently buy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Do you mean they are the same but rebranded? Thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

This was recommended here a while back:

You will have to wait for a month or so for delivery plus pay about €7 or so for custom and handling charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Yep, quite a lot of the Chinese brands do that. I think Soundpeats bought the rights in full to them. I think just before that, Dudios Zeus Ace/Air are also them but for the US/CAN market.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Dunno if they're the smallest but I got the Realme Buds Air 2 Neo (who names these things?) and they're very flush with the ear. Quite nice too. I'd get them again if I lost them today

Just noticed the Q10's on Amazon UK and DE for about €68 but there is a little check box next to the price to apply a 30% discount that brings them down to sub 50 euro. Had to get a few other items so I'll pull the trigger on them there.

I ordered the soundcore p3s on Amazon. Great review on that scarbir site. They were on offer for 57 pounds. I'll report back. Hoping they are as good or better than the galaxy buds I had. I can directly compare with the wife's galaxy buds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Just a heads up in case this hasn’t been mentioned. The excellent Vankyo X400s that disappeared from Amazon are available from AliExpress for €14 delivered.

• Advertisement

These arrived for me today and first impressions are very good. I'm moving to these after using some true wireless in ear ones for about a month. I really didn't get on well with the in ear ones, I hadn't used a pair in years and forgot that I really didn't like the feeling of them being stuck in my years and I was constant fiddling with them while out walking etc. hence the move to on ear. Prior to that I was using wired ones for years that just sit in your lugs but not pushed in (I don't know what those are called?)

The Q10's are a nice weight on, a lot lighter than I was expecting, I know 54and56 mentioned the touch controls and they do indeed work very well. Sound wise also a lot clearer than I was expecting. No problems connecting them to both a phone and windows based pc. Call / voice quality also very good.

Worked out at 47.68 delivered after I applied the discount and took the free month of prime for fast free delivery.

Advertisement