Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze deals [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I went into Tesco today having seen on the website that the 12 pack of cans of Guinness were €15 the price was the same when I got there, however I was charged €23.10 for each 12 pack so I went to customer service and got refunded half the difference:D the site is now saying €23.10 for 12 but if anyone spots the cans for €15 run to the till as they are scanning at €23.10

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭veryangryman

24 cans of Bud €30 in Dunnes Irishtown A-Town this evening.

No crates so had to get the in 6's but a great deal in an otherwise black hole of value. Happy out :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Can anyone confirm Dunnes doing the 25% off 4 bottles of wine? it would save me a wasted trip...
    Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm Dunnes doing the 25% off 4 bottles of wine? it would save me a wasted trip...
    Thanks in advance.

Yes, until Monday according to their website

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Lidl have 6 cans bulmers for €8 this weekend. It says purchases limited to 5 units per customer. Does that mean 6 x 5 cans max per customer??? They give a unit price as € 2.29 per unit but haven't a clue how they arrived at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

vicwatson wrote: »
    Lidl have 6 cans bulmers for €8 this weekend. It says purchases limited to 5 units per customer. Does that mean 6 x 5 cans max per customer??? They give a unit price as € 2.29 per unit but haven't a clue how they arrived at that.

Yeah. I take it that it means that you can buy 5 x 6 packs i.e €40 worth. Then again there is absolutely nothing stopping going right back into the store and buying another 5 x 6 packs. The 'limit' really only applies at the till - no one is going to micro manage it to stop people making multiple trips to the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

athtrasna wrote: »
    Yes, until Monday according to their website
    Thanks for that...

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭stenan

kn wrote: »
    Yeah. I take it that it means that you can buy 5 x 6 packs i.e €40 worth. Then again there is absolutely nothing stopping going right back into the store and buying another 5 x 6 packs. The 'limit' really only applies at the till - no one is going to micro manage it to stop people making multiple trips to the till.

I think it's still the cheapest you will manage to get Bulmers at!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

casio4 wrote: »
    I went into Tesco today having seen on the website that the 12 pack of cans of Guinness were €15 the price was the same when I got there, however I was charged €23.10 for each 12 pack so I went to customer service and got refunded half the difference:D the site is now saying €23.10 for 12 but if anyone spots the cans for €15 run to the till as they are scanning at €23.10

Half the difference, so much for double the difference. That is so tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭MoMo1987

Anything good on bottles of Heineken or something similar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

I would recommend Booze Doc very handy app for android and ios. Cant post link to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Any deals, or where is the best place to get Hoegaarden?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

sheroman01 wrote: »

There is hoegarden 4 for €5.49 in my local Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

sheroman01 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Nice one, i'll try my local LIDL so! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Yeah - thank fcuk ... Lidl have started to stock 4 packs of Hoegarrden and Leffe again ... €5.49 per pack of 4 X 330mls bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

RayCon wrote: »
    Yeah - thank fcuk ... Lidl have started to stock 4 packs of Hoegarrden and Leffe again ... €5.49 per pack of 4 X 330mls bottles

That's a great price - I paid 9 for a 4 pack of Leffe last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

vicwatson wrote: »

Carrying on from the above where Lidl have this offer for next Saturday and Sunday ONLY.............

Well Tesco are now doing a 12 x 500ml can pack and from tomorrow until June 2nd it is €16.00

Works out at €1.33 per can (same as Lidl) but is valid for longer duration !!

Linky - http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=266840836

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Bawnmore wrote: »
    That's a great price - I paid 9 for a 4 pack of Leffe last week.

Yeah - laughably Tesco charge €8.55 and Dunnes charge €9.15 for the same 4 pack

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Dunnes are doing 24 cans for €30 mix and match different cans I know Guinness and Carlsberg are part of it but not sure what other cans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

4 bottles of Franziskaner Weissbier in Lidl for €5.

Has anyone tasted this? Is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I was just in Supervalu Ranelagh. They have a trolley full of Guinness cans reduced to a euro each. Probably shortdated, I forgot to check actually. Reckon there was about 100 cans there. Might be of use to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,359 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

It's tasty, like a slightly watered version of erdinger, hardly noticeable difference though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I was just in Supervalu Ranelagh. They have a trolley full of Guinness cans reduced to a euro each. Probably shortdated, I forgot to check actually. Reckon there was about 100 cans there. Might be of use to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

From tomorrow they have 12 cans for €15

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭MoMo1987

danjo-xx wrote: »
    From tomorrow they have 12 cans for €15

From tomorrow they have 20 bottles for €20 as well. I wonder if SuperValu will knock the same down to €17 euro again for the bank holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

It is great stuff. It has a lovely malty after taste.
    Lidl do this deal regularly every 2 months or so.
    IMO It's comparable to the beers that Tesco / O' Briens sell 4 for €10.
    But it's sold at the same price as tins of Heineken / Budweiser
    At €2.50 / litre it's the best deal out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,111 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Dunnes doing litre bottles of Smirnoff and Captain Morgans for €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Dunnes doing litre bottles of Smirnoff and Captain Morgans for €25.

Guinness 8x500ml for €9 Heineken 8x500ml €11 20x300ml box of Miller €14 and Budweiser €15.

ALL TODAY ONLY!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Im on my way there now, will report back later. Ill have a look in rathgar as well to see if they have any

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement