Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Get out the way!"

Options
  • 05-08-2020 10:21am

Or just " 'Out the way" simply.
    We've all been told this at one time or another. Do you know anyone who uses this catchphrase? Have you ever caused to use it?
    Do they have much street cred?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭Allinall

Excuse me?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Do they imitate Ludacris when they say it op?

Move bitch, get out the way...

Edit... mixed up rappers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Culchies use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

GBX wrote: »
    Culchies use it.

"away to me"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Sounds a bit discourteous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Jog on, mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I knew a lad who’d say “hup!” and “hup, ya bollocks!” whenever he wanted someone to get out of his way.

I wouldn’t have called it a “catchphrase”. Now, he’d also pronounce the word against as ‘agin’. So, you know.

The tide is turning…

I knew a lad who’d say “hup!” and “hup, ya bollocks!” whenever he wanted someone to get out of his way.

I wouldn’t have called it a “catchphrase”. Now, he’d also pronounce the word against as ‘agin’. So, you know.

could'nt even manage to spell "elocution" then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Just be like my boss and walk through people, he's a Covid nightmare!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Up agin the wall there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Personally I still favour the use of prepositions, so I'd be inclined to shout "get out of the way". However I'd be even more inclined to politely say "excuse me" because I'm not an ignorant bollix.

Get out the way yo, get out the way yo,
    Biggie Smalls just got dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Or just " 'Out the way" simply.
    We've all been told this at one time or another. Do you know anyone who uses this catchphrase? Have you ever caused to use it?
    Do they have much street cred?

I'd always ask a person to excuse me. But MOVE is the word most commonly used were I work. And its use for different things. If your in somebodys way, or sitting in somebodys seat etc.

Advertisement