Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whatever happned to the RTE secret producer?

Options
  • 19-04-2020 8:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭

Some of you may remember an anonymous twitter account from 2017 that allegedly belonged to an RTE employee who was dishing the dirt on the organisation from the inside. Made for a fascinating read. Many of us always suspected that RTE was a sh!tshow rife with nepotism and incompetence but it was still a shock to see it explicitly confirmed.

The account is now deleted. What happened? Did the poster compromise their anonymity or did they say something they shouldn't have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

whatever happened yerwanontheinside?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,113 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's a secret.

They got an (early retirement ) offer they couldn’t refuse - living the highlife now I heard

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

Nearly as good as The Gym Whisperer, who was dishing the dirt on the irish 'fit fam'.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

They looked him in a room with Ryan Tubridy and he died of listening misery stories!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,766 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

bazz26 wrote: »
    It's a secret.

*whispers* Shut up

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

People realised they were just regurgitating things that everyone who gave a damn already knew?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Nearly as good as The Gym Whisperer, who was dishing the dirt on the irish 'fit fam'.

Was this an actual account? Most have been tons of skeletons in those closets!

Secret Blogger was another, they did some great work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

prolly fake

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Secrets was hosted by Gerry Ryan but sure he died a decade ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

razorblunt wrote: »
    Was this an actual account? Most have been tons of skeletons in those closets!

Secret Blogger was another, they did some great work.

It was an instagram account but I think someone regged as that username here. Can't remember if they posted anything on boards.

You are not big in the irish fitness scene unless who know who 'they' really were.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

coinop wrote: »

The account is now deleted. What happened? Did the poster compromise their anonymity or did they say something they shouldn't have?

Good question OP, the last I had heard was that RTE management were scrambling to find out who it was. By that I took it to mean there was a private investigator put to work. Not sure if he was ever caught or just gave up as the heat was too much for him. He definitely gave some good insight into RTE and much of what he said tallied with things I know from other employees in there.

Advertisement