Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Does anyone else get sad being back in work today and seeing xmas lights everywhere

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

I'd love to have a job to go to. Lost my job last December and haven't got anything since. Didn't even get the Christmas bonus as you need to be on the dole 15 months (which 90% of people dont realize). Same with fuel allowance, you need to be a year on it so I havent got that either last winter or this one. Has made for 2 pretty crappy Christmases in a row as every penny had to be stretched, no nights out (i dont drink anyway but still couldnt even justify pub prices for soft drinks, had to decline every invitation to go anywhere), no presents that i could be proud to give, can barely afford to heat the gaff and I couldnt wait for it to be over. Oh, and I got the flu too.

But I'm sorry the sight of Christmas lights makes you sad while you're in work that must be so hard for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

I’d happily spend the full year living like the two weeks of Christmas! Love it!

Sunday night is going to be crippling levels of depression before going back to work Monday.

To others, that's called a night off the booze

Advertisement