Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beat Saber

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I've just asked Alexa to play Crystalised on Spotify and it played a song by someone called Joey <beep>. I thought it sounded perfect for BS then realised it's not the one mentioned here that seems so-so in comparison. Check it and see what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So last night, I finally managed to beat Cycle Hit on Expert without No Fail. Serious tune, and such a joy to play. I initially thought the Expert+ mode would be impossible, but after breaking my arms trying it over the weekend, I reckon it's doable. Just need to nail those fast patterns! Haven't played the other 2, concentrating on Cycle Hits for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Crikey. Those songs are tough, even on Expert

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

cycle hit is definitely my nemesis on expert. i can just about get through it on 80% speed. those streams where if you miss one you're fcuked, get me every time

barely played the other 2 yet.
    didn't like imagine dragons pack.

someone mentioned rattlesnake - i like it, but it gets old after a couple mins

Definitely, it's just too fast in some sections for me, but I'm starting to see patterns and get them. Can finish it on Expert with NoFail so that's a start at least! Finished Crystalized on Expert too, and that mad crazy bit in the middle wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but E+ is quite daunting! Tried to play What the Cat but just can't, terrible music imo.

And I was the one that mentioned Rattlesnake. I played it a few times until I finished it in E+ with NoFail (I think) and haven't tried it again since. Noise, like What the Cat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

making progress on cycle hit expert... down to the last 30 seconds of it now. though sometimes i just have days where i can't get past the first 30

learning commerical pumping e+ as well... just the last 10 second sequence to get through and i'll finally have finished it

are ye able to get SS scores easily? i'm grand with S but never make it past like 87% or something

Haven't played it in a while, life n stuff, but fair play for even getting to the end on E+, think I only managed it once and lost it near the end.

Have yet to get an SS in any song, S is the highest I've ever been able to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Looks like next music pack or OST is coming on August 29th

https://twitter.com/BeatSaber/status/1164265603072503808

Hopefully so. On their Facebook people are assuming it's the saber colour changing update, I really hope it's more music. And good music. Last thing we need is a DLC of Damien fecking Dempsey or some other moaney crap. With Jaroslav having stepped down to concentrate on the music, I'm hopeful it will be as good as the first DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

New update released today....

One of the biggest updates since the release is OUT NOW!

What's in?

▪️ OST 3
    ▪️ Custom Color Picker
    ▪️ Level environment override
    ▪️ More precise swing angles detection
    ▪️ And more stuff!

HAVE FUN! ✨

• Advertisement

The new songs are AWESOME

I was wondering about the swing detection all right, getting SS ratings all of a sudden

Couldnt see the custom colour picker but i didnt look too hard

Might try this out later but it's 29 degrees C outside at the moment so that always makes for very sweaty VR experience.

Finally got to try a few of the new songs, it feels like on Expert they are closer to Expert+ from OST1. They are good songs though.

I was expecting DLC 3, did not expect it to be free. And they're amazing. I've managed to beat all of them on E+ with at least an A rating, except for 1 of them but can't recall which one. For a free update, this is simply amazing stuff.

Yeah i love it. The tunes are great.
    There's one I'm working on, and 2 i haven't gotten to yet. Think iv cleared the others now

Panic! At The Disco is the next music pack coming next week.

https://twitter.com/BeatSaber/status/1176923173767602178

Probably give this one a miss too.

Yeah, not too impressed with the next pack tbh. I don't know them, but a quick listen makes me think it's not for me. Most songs seem to have a beat of some sort, which immediately makes it better than the Imagine Dragons pack.

But, soon after this was announced, they got nominated for best sound track for OST3, so I think that may give them a hint as to what direction to take going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

Has anyone played Smash The Beats on the Oculus Go yet?
    Its a Beat Saber clone and you can play your own tracks.

Bought it but haven't tried it yet! :pac:

Doge wrote: »
    Has anyone played Smash The Beats on the Oculus Go yet?
    Its a Beat Saber clone and you can play your own tracks.

Bought it but haven't tried it yet! :pac:

damn...gonna have to check that one

Kick in the goolies for whoever was looking forward to the PATD pack, 4 songs?! Are the band that bad that they only have 4 sellable songs?

Stick to the OST Beat Games, please!

• Advertisement

Kick in the goolies for whoever was looking forward to the PATD pack, 4 songs?! Are the band that bad that they only have 4 sellable songs?

Stick to the OST Beat Games, please!

Maybe they only have that many good songs? I like the environment though, probably my favourite so far.

Maybe they only have that many good songs? I like the environment though, probably my favourite so far.

"Good" is subjective. Haven't seen the environment, won't be purchasing these, up there with the Imagine Dragons pack in the folder of 'crap music I refuse to spend money on'.

"Good" is subjective. Haven't seen the environment, won't be purchasing these, up there with the Imagine Dragons pack in the folder of 'crap music I refuse to spend money on'.

The environment is available even if you don't buy the songs.

I wasn't bothered with getting panic. The imagine dragons are boring enough

In positive news i finally cleared cycle hit on expert :cool:

Is this thread only PS4? There's some really cool mods coming out.. https://old.reddit.com/r/beatsaber/comments/dh0d25/so_ive_created_a_new_visual_effect_in_beat_saber/

Is this thread only PS4? There's some really cool mods coming out.. https://old.reddit.com/r/beatsaber/comments/dh0d25/so_ive_created_a_new_visual_effect_in_beat_saber/

Nope not only PSVR, though PSVR users are the largest group of VR users in general so it follows that you'll see more posts related to PSVR on boards.ie too.

Those mods look cool though :)

Looks like the next Beat Saber DLC could be a
    Rocket League/Monstercat
    pack. Listing already found in US PS store and since removed - UploadVR Link (hovering over will spoil it, in case you want to wait for the surprise!)

Song listing for anyone interested:
    Tokyo Machine – ‘PLAY’
    Stephen Walking – ‘Glide’
    Slushii – ‘LUV U NEED U’
    Tokyo Machine – ‘ROCK IT’
    Dion Timmer – ‘Shiawase’
    Slushii & Dion Timmer – ‘Test Me’

Had a listen to them, sound like they will be good craic, but most likely arm breaking! No band shyte anyway, so that's only a good thing!

So yeah, the leak was correct, so I'll post here again now that it's out. It's a Rocket League/Monstercat DLC pack. €8.99 for the following songs:

1: Tokyo Machine – ‘PLAY’
    2: Stephen Walking – ‘Glide’
    3: Slushii – ‘LUV U NEED U’
    4: Tokyo Machine – ‘ROCK IT’
    5 Dion Timmer – ‘Shiawase’
    6: Slushii & Dion Timmer – ‘Test Me’

Had a go at them before work, passed 2, 3 and 4 on E+ first go, not too bad. PLAY will require a few go's, but I'll manage it. Messed up the very end of Shiawase but very possible on E+. Test Me will be the hardest E+ in the pack, it's faster and has a lot more bricks! Not a bad pack overall, nowhere near the madness of Overkill and Cycle Hit, think they realised they're too hard for most people! Worth a punt imo. The background is pretty cool, with the 2 Rocket League cars coming from left and right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Had a go of the first five just there, thought they were all pretty good. Gotta be honest, I didn't even notice the rocket league cars :o

• Advertisement

I didn't see any rocket league cars... But i looove the tokyo machine songs!! Rockin out to the mapping. Just got the pack tonight.

Is the scoring different or something. I got full combo ss rank on expert... That nnnnnever happens

Advertisement