Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playstation VR Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Dreams Saber looks alright. With a bit more work, it could really show up how Beat Games are dropping the ball. Either that, or like Nintendo, they'll just get it shut down.

You would imagine it wont be up long. But you can imagine the power of facebook behind them their lawyers wont be long sending a letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

If beat saber had already got a setting on PSVR for custom songs people wouldn't play it in dream's..

If they had a half decent library too, great game but very disappointed in the music..

I use to play best hazard for hours just because I wanted to listen to tunes and play...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, they completely dropped the ball shortly after AdFacebook bought them out. Why can't big corporations leave the little guys alone? They feck up everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Does anyone have issues with the lenses fogging up? Was noticeable for me when playing Tetris Effect tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Does anyone have issues with the lenses fogging up? Was noticeable for me when playing Tetris Effect tonight.

Yeah it takes a while for the headset to warm up so there’ll be some fogging from your breath and body heat. A hack is to turn the headset on about 20 minutes before you use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Yeah it takes a while for the headset to warm up so there’ll be some fogging from your breath and body heat. A hack is to turn the headset on about 20 minutes before you use it.

Second this. Works everytime for me

• Registered Users Posts: 13,619 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Second this. Works everytime for me

Also a good idea to have a fan blowing in the room.

Aids with this, plus also makes the whole VR experience more comfortable... even aids immersion.

Couple of tricks:
    Your lenses maybe a little dirty so try cleaning them.
    Think of a car windscreen the dirtier it gets the more it will fog as moisture has something to cling to.

Turning on a couple mins before 100% helps with no fog.
    Adjusting the headset maybe a little too close to the your face so getting alot of breath

A fan helps but also if you have air moving close by a window open works also.

• Advertisement

coolisin wrote: »
    Couple of tricks:
    Your lenses maybe a little dirty so try cleaning them.
    Think of a car windscreen the dirtier it gets the more it will fog as moisture has something to cling to.

Turning on a couple mins before 100% helps with no fog.
    Adjusting the headset maybe a little too close to the your face so getting alot of breath

A fan helps but also if you have air moving close by a window open works also.
    Thanks for the tips folks :) Will try them later.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Just bought ace combat 7 psvr on Amazon £11

Can't share the link for some reason.

Pistol Whip was due today, delayed 2 days till Thursday

https://uploadvr.com/pistol-whip-psvr-delay-two-days/

Pistol Whip was due today, delayed 2 days till Thursday

https://uploadvr.com/pistol-whip-psvr-delay-two-days/

I think they should give us a discount just for the inconvenience!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I've just re-wired up my PSVR after not having used it for ages (as thread creator, I should hang my head huh?) What's worse is, i now have a PS4 Pro, and should have wired that sucker straight in!

I've a bit of a backlog to get through, and I'm starting with Astro Bot. Played a couple levels earlier, and WOW.

On the lens issue, because of face masks the mother had a great tip of using your finger to put on washing up liquid and use a towel to clean it off (no water), works perfect for keeping the glasses from fogging up, wonder if it would do the same with the PSVR. Also very reluctant to try it on a €350 bit of hardware!

On the lens issue, because of face masks the mother had a great tip of using your finger to put on washing up liquid and use a towel to clean it off (no water), works perfect for keeping the glasses from fogging up, wonder if it would do the same with the PSVR. Also very reluctant to try it on a €350 bit of hardware!

There are lots of warnings about putting cleaners on the lenses, so I'd be hesitant.

They are plastic, rather than glass.

The only sure thing for cleaning is fibre cloth.

I picked up the charging dock for the move controllers from Smyths today. Very handy as I can charge them with mains power. No fussing around with cables which is a big plus too.

London Heist. I ****ing love it :D

London Heist. I ****ing love it :D

Wait till you try Blood n Truth!

• Advertisement

Wait till you try Blood n Truth!
    Gonna get cracking at it this bank holiday weekend Jim.

It's Quest, but Pistol Whip all the same... I love the price of this game... they got it right I think

Blood & Truth :D:D:D Played a little bit of it and I love it. Move controllers really enhance the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Trover Saves The Universe what a game, i gave up on trying to buy it on my Turkish account due to revolut not working somehow but bought it and Wolfenstein Cyberpilot on the Irish store.. I bought Wolfenstein off gamestop for 10euro but it wasn't shipped so I'm assuming its sold out and I'll be refunded..

One of the funniest games I have played.. I think I'm going to go and buy Rick and Morty VR on amazon now for 20pound..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Here's some news from the Official PlayStation Blog. I've posted this in the
    PlayStation boards PS5 thread.

I thought it would be relevant here too, seeing it addresses some PSVR
    compatibility news.

Information on DualShock 4, PS VR, officially licensed peripherals, and more.

PlayStation VR, Peripherals Marketing and Licensing, SIE

In our June Future of Gaming digital event, we announced an array of PlayStation 5 peripherals and accessories that will be launching this holiday season.
    But we know that many of you were also wondering if and how existing PlayStation 4 peripherals are compatible with the next-gen system. Today, we’re happy to share a brief FAQ that will answer some of your questions.

If you have questions that aren’t addressed, feel free to leave them in the comments below.

Which existing PS4 peripherals/accessories will work on PS5?

Specialty peripherals, such as officially licensed racing wheels, arcade sticks, and flight sticks, will work with PS5 games and supported PS4 games.
    The Platinum and Gold Wireless Headsets, as well as third-party headsets that connect via USB port or audio jack, will work on PS5 (the headset companion app is not compatible with PS5).
    The DualShock 4 wireless controller and PlayStation officially licensed third-party gamepad controllers will work with supported PS4 games.
    Both the PS Move Motion Controllers and the PlayStation VR Aim Controller will work with supported PS VR games on PS5.

Please note, not all PlayStation officially licensed or third-party peripherals/accessories may work on PS5. We recommend checking with the manufacturer to confirm whether a product will work on PS5 and specific titles.

Will DualShock 4 work with PS5 games?

No, we believe that PS5 games should take advantage of the new capabilities and features we’re bringing to the platform, including the features of DualSense wireless controller.

Is the PlayStation Camera for PS4 compatible with PS5?

Yes, PlayStation Camera will work with PS5 for playing supported PS VR games. It will require a PlayStation Camera adaptor that will be provided at no additional cost to PS VR users.
    More details on how to get the adaptor will be announced at a later date.

And that’s it! We’ll continue to provide updates on PlayStation 5 down the road, so make sure to check back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Just announced via Official PlayStation Twitter accounts. There's a new
    State Of Play happening this Thursday 6th August. Addressing PS4 & PSVR.

It also states no PS5 News.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/1290272391013130241?s=20

Pistol whip is class, serious amount of fun.

As for the above all great news!

I got hot playing Blood & Truth so I had to take my t-shirt off :o So all I was left wearing was shorts and flip-flops. Some sight I was :o

You ain't played VR, till you've played VR nekkid.

• Advertisement

coolisin wrote: »
    Pistol whip is class, serious amount of fun.

As for the above all great news!

Another massive thumbs up here for Pistol Whip, one session in, hugely enjoyable so far. The b@stard child of Beat Saber and Blood n Truth. It's some work out though too, got a proper sweat on

Advertisement