Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL Playoffs: Championship Sunday

• 18-01-2021 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

NFC

Buccaneers @ Packers (8.05pm)

AFC

Bills @ Chiefs (11.40pm)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

A RealFeel of -20c forecast for gametime in Green Bay on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

6-4 in playoffs
    179-87 overall

Buccaneers @ Packers

Bills @ Chiefs
    Might revise this if Mahomes is in and fully fit, but...Hennething isn't possible

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Bucs and Chiefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Buccaneers @ Packers

Bills @ Chiefs

For the record I’m 6-4 in the playoffs and 167-99 for the season total.

Edit: Patrick mahomes is looking good for Sunday so as of now I’ve picked the chiefs to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,358 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Bucs and Chiefs for me, much as I'd love a bills win and SB appearance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Kev8360

I would really like to see a Super-bowl with the Packers and Bills - but my main concern is that the Packers will not be able to establish a run game against that Bucs front and will be forced out of their normal gameplan like in the previous meeting and the Bills are still a little inexperienced in my opinion to be able to take down the chiefs in arrowhead.

Whatever about Tom Brady that Bucs team was already a solid unit and were hurt badly by turnovers(INTs) last year, they have a very deep WR core, and a RB who is turning it on in the playoffs.

Prediction for this weekend is Buccaneers and Chiefs to win through to the Super-bowl (I hate saying it as I have no love for either team and at this stage of the playoffs usually the teams I am rooting for don't fare too well)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

Packers and Chiefs

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Btw the first super bowl the bills were in during the four in a row was thirty years ago this year and it was in tampa bay where this years SB is being held. For sentimental reasons how nice would it be for the bills to make it the SB and unlike 1991 kick a game winning FG ?

Or, for funny reasons as a pats fan, that they lose again.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Optimus Caesar

Packers & Chiefs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Btw the first super bowl the bills were in during the four in a row was thirty years ago this year and it was in tampa bay where this years SB is being held. For sentimental reasons how nice would it be for the bills to make it the SB and unlike 1991 kick a game winning FG ?

Funnily enough I was just watching the Americas game "missing rings" episode of the 1990 Bills yesterday - That team was unstoppable in the AFC back then. No team deserves to win a Super-bowl but I wish they had won just one and the first was the only one they were anyway close to winning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

9-1 for the playoffs coming in

Green Bay to beat Tampa Bay.

I think I find it difficult to see Green Bay slipping up here. They have too many weapons, are playing very well and are playing at home. I don't believe the weather will be a big factor in the game, but it will take something significant for Tampa to win.
    I think Tampa are not really playing to their strengths, they are running the ball too much for little success.
    Brady is playing well but has been missing on his deep shots, prone to throwing 1-2 turnover worthy balls per game and I think the offense will struggle to keep pace with Green Bay unless the Tampa Defense can take the ball away at least twice.

Buffalo to beat Kansas City

I think Mahomes will play. I still think Buffalo will win.
    For too many weeks now Kansas City has been doing just enough. They haven't won by more that 7 points since week 8.
    They have been winning games but are not as strong as they were last year. Against Cleveland they were settling for field goals in situations they should be scoring touchdowns. Add to that they are missing their top running back and Mahomes likely to be dealing with his Toe injury I think the door is open for a Buffalo win.
    Buffalo haven't looked great either but I think they did well in difficult conditions last week. They wanted to pass the ball but it was difficult in the windy conditions.
    I think there is a big game in Josh Allen and this will be needed. On defense they have improved as the season has gone on, I think they will sit back in coverage, rush 4 and dare the Chiefs to run the ball. It could be close but I'd be hopeful of a Buffalo win.

So I'm picking for the losing team from when these teams played earlier in the season in both instances.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

adrian522 wrote: »
    Buffalo to beat Kansas City

I think Mahomes will play. I still think Buffalo will win.
    For too many weeks now Kansas City has been doing just enough. They haven't won by more that 7 points since week 8.
    They have been winning games but are not as strong as they were last year. Against Cleveland they were settling for field goals in situations they should be scoring touchdowns. Add to that they are missing their top running back and Mahomes likely to be dealing with his Toe injury I think the door is open for a Buffalo win.
    Buffalo haven't looked great either but I think they did well in difficult conditions last week. They wanted to pass the ball but it was difficult in the windy conditions.
    I think there is a big game in Josh Allen and this will be needed. On defense they have improved as the season has gone on, I think they will sit back in coverage, rush 4 and dare the Chiefs to run the ball. It could be close but I'd be hopeful of a Buffalo win.

So I'm picking for the losing team from when these teams played earlier in the season in both instances.

Edwards-Helaire is practicing. Throw him and maybe Watkins into the mix with Mahomes and it's much better looking Chiefs team.

Chiefs/Packers to reach The State Farm Super Bowl for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

6 - 4 for the playoffs.
    179 - 87 for the season.

Buccaneers @ Packers
    Bills @ Chiefs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Edwards-Helaire is practicing. Throw him and maybe Watkins into the mix with Mahomes and it's much better looking Chiefs team.

Chiefs/Packers to reach The State Farm Super Bowl for me.

That's interesting, I think both of these games will be really close. If Edwards-Helaire, Breeland and Mahomes are less than 100% it makes it really difficult but the Chiefs have been pulling out wins all season.

Hard one to call.

Both games will be tight and IMO it comes down to the defense in the packers bucs game as both offenses are pretty hot in the past few games.

The bucs shows last week that they can get takeaways. If they get the same against GB then there is a chance.

The bills have a chance to defeat the chiefs, it;s a lot closer than you'd have expected at the start of the season. Allen is playing really well and their MLB (#49 i think, who I forget the name of) is having a good season too. Mahomes is bound not to be 100% after that dangerous looking concussion last week if he plays.

I've said bucs and chiefs to win, but I think both games will be one score wins and come down to the last possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Bills and Packers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

4-0 last week 7-3 for playoffs

Going for Packers and Chiefs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Antonio Brown ruled out of NFC championship game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Mahomes has told reporters that he has cleared concussion protocol. He is ready to go for Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

8-2 for the playoffs so fair and 173-93 (0.650) for the season

I'm hoping that GB have learned from their meltdown the last day out against TB. They were comfortable until that INT and then went into freefall. The weather should be a factor. I hope it is. The thoughts of the Buccs in the SB is giving me a rash.

I think given how it's all shaking out, I think while I would like the Bills to win the SB, I want ARod to get another before retiring and Allen has a decade to do it. So I'm hoping that if the Chiefs win, that they lose in the SB as given the inexperience of the Bills and their history in the SB, there's a fear in my mind that they may take a loss harder than they should. I hope that makes sense.

However, hopes, don't come into it and I think the Bills and Green Bay win. Though I'll be checking out news from the KC camp to see if I will change that prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Hoping for Bucs vs Bills for the SB, so I can watch Brady crush the Bills hopes and dreams in the cruelest fashion possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Hoping for Bucs vs Bills for the SB, so I can watch Brady crush the Bills hopes and dreams in the cruelest fashion possible.

I think I got sick in my mouth.

I don't think I've predicted a single play-off game correctly sooooo...

Buccs win

Chiefs win

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Green Bay & Buffalo to pull through for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

There is a cruel humour to a storyline that sees Buffalo finally top the AFC East after near 20 years of Brady-led New England dominance getting in their way, making it all the way to the Super Bowl and.....losing to Tom Brady.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

There is a cruel humour to a storyline that sees Buffalo finally top the AFC East after near 20 years of Brady-led New England dominance getting in their way, making it all the way to the Super Bowl and.....losing to Tom Brady.

It might actually be too much. They'd need to activate the National Guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭golfball37

Can’t see Bucs winning especially now AB is out.
    If CEH suits up Kansas win other one. I hope Bills do it for posterity but you need a running game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

166-90 for the season
    7-3 for the playoffs

Buccaneers @ Packers
    Bills @ Chiefs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭threeball

VillaMad wrote: »
    Mahomes has told reporters that he has cleared concussion protocol. He is ready to go for Sunday.

Hows his toe, he wasn't moving too well the last day.

Advertisement