Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Southside or Northside?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

the only d7

:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

d6w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

make that 5 ppl D22 - Clondalkin - woooohooo (what I am celebrating is just beyond me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

6.5 ppl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Northside? Southside? Westside?

Who care!?

Dublin's a hole anyside anywhere!

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

D15...
    What toime is et?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

D6W :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Shazbat

Originally posted by fisifan01
    Firhouse, Tallaght. Dublin 24 and proud of it.

Holy shít!! Somebody from firhouse not claiming to live in dublin 16!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

I never claimed to be a D16head.
    A guy in college who's from Monaghan had the cheek to slag me over being a D24head......ffs MONAGHAN!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by 80project
    And Kaids, whats this Skanger Central Bullshiít about Dundrum, from the person from Goatstown. It wouldn't be like that some poor bloke was stabbed outside the Goat...in GOATSTOWN on Sunday night would it???

Pot, Kettle, Black??

Dundrum, has got the equivalent amount of skangers as all Southside Villages.
    Originally posted by kaids
    D14 - inbetween (as in, equi-distant) Goatstown and scanger central, Dundrum.

Please, read what I said properly before responding, thx.

FYI: I live on Taney rd, so yes, i know about the stabbing that happened... ON Taney rd. Taney rd also happens to be connected to the Dundrum crossroads with the lovely big fuck off LUAS bridge. It only takes a 5 minute walk to get to the Goat from Dundrum. I say the Goat instead of Goatstown because... Goatstown is a placename. You rarely get any skangers there because there is nothing there. They all migrate to Dundrum.

Dundrum IS skanger central. Stillorgan is just a hell-hole :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭ondafly

D15 here too - BTW , in case the other D15 members don't know already - we've begun setting up a D15 wireless LAN - should be good - large majority are either in the Castleknock area, or the delwood area.

you can join the mailing list here

http://lapsedhippy.com/mailman/listinfo/d15wan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Originally posted by 80project
    This thread is starting to exhibit every worn cliche and stereotype usually flaunted on this issue.

Southside or Northside is a geographical classification
    and NOT a Socio-Economic one:rolleyes:

Respond Accordingly^^

OK. Bah?

Im from Malahide which is technically northside but is full of posh folk

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

D13 originally....Grangemore. Then moved to Ard na Greine, then to Meath(6 years), 2 year stint in Dundalk(college) then a few months in the States(J1), back to Meath for a few months, then D8 with me Girlfriend for nearly 3 years in Rialto and Kilmainham and now D15 in Tyrrelstown. Looks like there's a good few from D15 in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Originally posted by ondafly
    D15 here too - BTW , in case the other D15 members don't know already - we've begun setting up a D15 wireless LAN - should be good - large majority are either in the Castleknock area, or the delwood area.

you can join the mailing list here

http://lapsedhippy.com/mailman/listinfo/d15wan

which 1 are u? :F

any more from d15?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

im from the southside rathfarnham, posh yeah but not my area whitechurch its a complete dump, but i spend most of my time in my fellas which is artane so im a south/north sider he he

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by jeni
    i spend most of my time in my fellas which is artane

this is of course pronounced " meeee fELAaaaaaa"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by djste18
    the only d7

:(

Bah! Having skimmed thru all the posts here I was SURE I was gonna be the only D7 :\

I don't feel special now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Go on de Lillywhyits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 knockeiran

:D whaaaat? any tossersfrom D.12?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Well i was christened in foxrock church,lived in foxrock until i was seven, now skip forward a few years and i live in wicklow. So i can either pledge my allegiance to dublin or wicklow, so i guess i am a vague southsider.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

lived in glasnevin for 2 yrs then i moved 2 D7 lived der ever since!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Dawg

Balbriggan, nth county.
    dont really give a toss bout the whole northside/southside thing tho... long as y'all stay on ur own side and leave us the f*ck alone :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Southside, not one of the better parts though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

D6W

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Well Im from Leopardstown/Stillorgan Co. Dublin. The area in itself is quite posh, but Stillorgan shopping centre is a magnte for Scum cause of the ole' Mcdonalds and Leisureplex.

Talk about your stereotype, I attend St. Michael's, Ballsbridge and i used to play some ruugger.Man did i get stick for that in irish college :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

Im from Tallaght, whic has managed to get its self the same social standing as the Towers in "Da mun" or ballyfermot

But the area I grew up in was that bad, Wasnt even a council area.

I live in Ringsend now, lovley place..

Anywho what im wondering is are there anyother southsiders that just get an uncomfortable feeling when crossing the liffy,
    Lord knows I try to avoide it but the dublin shop in arnotts is there and croke park too to its a tough side of the city to avoide.
    I wonder what it is that makes me feel less comfortable on henry st than grafton ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

D5
    my address is d5 .. the road which is beside me is d17!!

artane .. which is now artaine apparently!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by Alany
    Im from Tallaght, whic has managed to get its self the same social standing as the Towers in "Da mun" or ballyfermot

But the area I grew up in was that bad, Wasnt even a council area.

I live in Ringsend now, lovley place..

Anywho what im wondering is are there anyother southsiders that just get an uncomfortable feeling when crossing the liffy,
    Lord knows I try to avoide it but the dublin shop in arnotts is there and croke park too to its a tough side of the city to avoide.
    I wonder what it is that makes me feel less comfortable on henry st than grafton ??

Not necessarily the northside, just areas I know have a bad rep e.g Ballyowegan? or Tallaght tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Dublin 1.

Third generation on Gardiner Street.

Plus Southsiders are inbred*

*don't deny it... we all know it's true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Am I the only upturned nostrilised in-bred D4 person here?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement