Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEEN DRESS MAKING CLASSES??

• 19-07-2017 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Wonder if anyone could help.. my daughter who is 14 wants to learn how to make a dress from a pattern .. she has done Project fashion classes
    And made clothes from a basic paper
    Template but not how to follow a patten you buy in a fabric shop. She has quite a level of skill and knows how to use a machine etc so just ready for the next stage. Does anyone know anywhere that does classes for her age? I'm assuming she is too young for adult education evening classes . Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Have a daughter in exactly the same situation - has mastered a sewing machine but aside from working on practice pieces, has no way of converting that into dress-making skills and she's mad about fashion - would be very interested in anyone knew of a place in Dublin that would be suitable for her age (also 14)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭murphf

Hia ..'I've heard back from sewdublin.ie .. they say that if she is capable with the machine that she could join the adult dress making class,. I think it's a Hlaf day class for €65, (not sure could be muddling it up with another one) but reckon it would be worth it if she would have figured out what she needs to know in that time!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭VB

Original post was a while ago but the fabric counter on brunswick street do sewing classes and I'm nearly certain I have seen teen and kids ones advertised.

Advertisement