Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Next Government

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

The agreement involves abolishing direct provision but doesn't say what will replace it, providing houses and apartment to anyone claiming asylum?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Not sure if this has been asked already but if we have a rotating Taoiseach, do we have to pay more than one Taoiseach's pension?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

FG wouldn't win in Dublin South? Come off it.

Talk of Regina becoming the new FG chairperson

Apparently she's being lined up for the General Secretary gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been asked already but if we have a rotating Taoiseach, do we have to pay more than one Taoiseach's pension?

Do you really need to ask, yes we'll be paying 3, assuming Ryan gets a few months at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭celt262

piplip87 wrote: »
    Looking at the leaked text last night it seems that they are going to try and tackle the big issues. The onus is on them now.

Looking at comments on various articles this morning I'd suggest making Civics a compulsory subject in school. It seems many people don't know how vote management, Proportional Representation or how 25% is not a majority.

I voted for CHANGE !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Do you really need to ask, yes we'll be paying 3, assuming Ryan gets a few months at the end

Do they not need a minimum term?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

The IFA has a fight on its hands with that watermelon dingbat Ryan anywhere near power. The demented wally that wants to bring back wolves.
    The wolves are to keep the farmers from driving to the pub at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

:eek:

Not a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

The agreement involves abolishing direct provision but doesn't say what will replace it, providing houses and apartment to anyone claiming asylum?

According to the Irish Times a new "not-for-profit" model that will place the dignity of the individual at its centre.

Which could mean anything really, including business as usual with the owners of clapped out hotels simply registering as non-profits to stay on the gravy train.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,131 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Prefer Leo over Martin. Wonder if he will stab Leo in the back.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement

The IFA has a fight on its hands with that watermelon dingbat Ryan anywhere near power. The demented wally that wants to bring back wolves.

Again you need to look past the tabloid papers. He said in the next 40-50 years.

Best to actually read what he said.....

When asked if he would like to see wolves reintroduced to Ireland in his lifetime, Mr Ryan said ‘Yeah, but first things first, we have to restore our peatlands. We have to build up a native and natural forest. ‘Currently we have a forestry model which is plantations, which is short of wildlife. It is going to take 40 to 50 years, forestry takes time. It is that sort of time frame not in the political time frame that it might happen in’, Eamon Ryan added.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Pascal will be demoted, McGrath has finance Pascal ,Harris and Coveney will be pushed from the limelight, don't besurpised if there are 5 or 6 Green ministers

6 Green ministers would be 40% of the positions at the cabinet table

At most the Greens will get 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Pascal will be demoted, McGrath has finance Pascal ,Harris and Coveney will be pushed from the limelight, don't besurpised if there are 5 or 6 Green ministers

Leo, Pascal and the two Simons are Fine Gaels big guns. Theres no a hope in a hell they wont all get senior cabinet positions.

FG would shoot itself in the foot if they move Harris out now.

The poison chalice as usual is health. Harris had a disaster but got brownie points for the covid, I bet he wants to get rid now as the only way is down now. We have no money and the HSE needs lots of it

I bet all parties dont want minister for health

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Not as senior ministers. At most 2 and Environment is a given, with possibly two junior or super juniors. I think Paschal might stay for now with McGrath in public expenditure and Coveney gets in there somewhere. Too much ability to just dump on the back benches.

6 Green ministers would be 40% of the positions at the cabinet table

At most the Greens will get 2.

Will be 4 minimum, 6 will be likely, FF would give the 60% this is their death throes, next election FF is no more

is_that_so wrote: »
    Not as senior ministers. At most 2 and Environment is a given, with possibly two junior or super juniors. I think Paschal might stay for now with McGrath in public expenditure and Coveney gets in there somewhere. Too much ability to just dump on the back benches.

Ability, this is about holding power

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    FG would shoot itself in the foot if they move Harris out now.

The poison chalice as usual is health. Harris had a disaster but got brownie points for the covid, I bet he wants to get rid now as the only way is down now. We have no money and the HSE needs lots of it

I bet all parties don't want minister for health

Actually, Baldy Donnelly has been shouting his mouth off about it for the past few weeks. Announced last week that he'd be happy to keep Harris as his junior minister with responsibility for Covid 19 - I'm not joking!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Give health and housing to the Greens , senior hurling etc

is_that_so wrote: »

Ryan in housing would be nice. Like Murphy, he's from D4/D6 so even if he fails, he'll be re-elected.

• Advertisement

Heather Humphries will be kept for FG also, no way they're going to have all male Ministers (she is also very good at what she does, so she deserves to be there regardless of gender anyway).

Ability, this is about holding power
    Not sure how the two are connected in relation to Coveney. As mentioned above he's a FG big hitter, he will get a senior Cabinet post. They might just leave him in FA to see Brexit through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Actually, Baldy Donnelly has been shouting his mouth off about it for the past few weeks. Announced last week that he'd be happy to keep Harris as his junior minister with responsibility for Covid 19 - I'm not joking!

Sorry what? Hahahahaha.

I hope Donnelly gets it, as his BS will finally be exposed.

Will be 4 minimum, 6 will be likely, FF would give the 60% this is their death throes, next election FF is no more

They will get 2.

A party with 14% of the TDs in a coalition is never going to get 40% of the ministers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

What will John McGuinness do now that he can't go on his "I'm determined to take down this Govt" [while conveniently missing key votes] gimmick in the media.

They will get 2.

A party with 14% of the TDs in a coalition is never going to get 40% of the ministers.

They seem to have gotten 100% of their policies implemented so who knows what else Leo and Mícheál have sold out on!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Heather Humphries will be kept for FG also, no way they're going to have all male Ministers (she is also very good at what she does, so she deserves to be there regardless of gender anyway).

Do FF have a credible female? I've speculated in other threads about Martin bringing Lisa Chambers back from the Seanad wilderness but I guess that would be an insult to their current women TDs. Anne Rabbitte might do at a pinch?

Give health and housing to the Greens , senior hurling etc
    If Harris wants it they may leave him in situ. With our present situation it makes sense in the short term to leave those who are the public faces of government, Varadkar aside of course. So the two Simons, Paschal and Humphries could stay. I agree on housing for Ryan. They might also get Transport.

They seem to have gotten 100% of their policies implemented so who knows what else Leo and Mícheál have sold out on!

They have sold out nothing.

Both are left wing Eg support abortion,gay marriage.

Also spend spend spend is their ideology.

Budget 2016: 75billion
    Budget 2017: 77 billion
    Budget 2018: 82 billion
    Budget 2019: 87 billion

The next government is already going to borrow 20billion+ to keep spending beyond our means.

• Advertisement

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    What will John McGuinness do now that he can't go on his "I'm determined to take down this Govt" [while conveniently missing key votes] gimmick in the media.

Sulk; and continue to periodically brief handpicked journalists off the record about how badly Martin is doing. A bit like O'Cuiv, although slightly lower down the evolutionary table.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement