Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Current affairs in Sweden

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Zaph wrote: »
    This is a complete non-story. It's right there in the OP:

It's a political message so therefore isn't allowed in accordance with the existing rules. I'm not entirely sure why it warranted a thread of its own in that case.

Ah it brings the usual "characters" out, good craic is had, no one gets hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Aww you went through the trouble of posting a pic of trigger from only fools and horses. How sweet of you. That determined I get your pointless point across. Nice try though. I’ll applaud your effort

See now that's a reasonable put down and you even by passed the point. Good man. Keep your lazy Trumpisms for the weak minded Alt-Right lads. About their speed.

Speed-3-Pitch-Keanu-Reeves-Video.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

See now that's a reasonable put down and you even by passed the point. Good man. Keep your lazy Trumpisms for the weak minded Alt-Right lads. About their speed.

Speed-3-Pitch-Keanu-Reeves-Video.jpg

I have to give it to you liberal leftists. You are relentless. Boring but relentless

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

Zaph wrote: »
    This is a complete non-story. It's right there in the OP:

"Therefore, signs that are deemed inappropriate are rejected, for example if they contain political messages or offensive words"

It's a political message so therefore isn't allowed in accordance with the existing rules. I'm not entirely sure why it warranted a thread of its own in that case.

Yep, of all the things to be outraged about, another country applying its standard regulations for custom car registration plates is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I have to give it to you liberal leftists. You are relentless. Boring but relentless

I'm not American comrade. Did you grow up watching too much Nickelodeon or are you from there yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,400 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I have, and in the city I stayed in white Europeans were very much in the minority.

What city is this?

Edit: I see that you have (yet again) been corrected for your blatant misinformation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Kista's not a city. It's a small district in Stockholm. So the city you were in was Stockholm.

According to the SCB (http://www.statistikdatabasen.scb.se/), there was 320,902 people with a "foreign background" in Stockholm in 2018. That would include white Europeans from other countries.

There were 641,252 people with a "Swedish background"

So native Swedish people aren't in any way in the minority, let alone white Europeans.

Maybe the same brown people were walking past you multiple times?

I spent a few weeks in Kista, have you been there in the evening? In the Kista Galleria?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I spent a few weeks in Kista, have you been there in the evening? In the Kista Galleria?

It's not a city, so your claim is overblown (to put it very nicely).

Odhinn wrote: »
    It's not a city, so your claim is overblown (to put it very nicely).

Fair enough. Have you been?

Fair enough. Have you been?

To sweden? No.

• Advertisement

To sweden? No.

Great, maybe you should, sounds like you would love it.

Great, maybe you should, sounds like you would love it.

And that prediction is based on...........?

And that prediction is based on...........?

I assumed you were a fan of multiculturalism. Perhaps I got that wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,236 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Sweden offers a lot of examples in many ways but control freakish and authoritarian they can be is overlooked.

This is just a very mild reminder of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

A bit of fun

Romanian Police confiscate Swedish number plates with swear words against ruling party
    The Romanian, who lives in Sweden and whose car is also registered in Sweden, recently became one of the main topics in local media and social media, after he entered the country with a car whose number plates display a text that reads as a swear against the Social Democratic Party (PSD).
    https://www.romania-insider.com/romanian-number-plates-psd-car-sweden
    Car-with-controversial-number-plates-Razvan-Stefanescu-on-Facebook.jpg

I assumed you were a fan of multiculturalism. Perhaps I got that wrong.

Any major city in Western Europe has ethnically diverse populations.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,905 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Me going there won’t decrease the numbers of white Europeans, so don’t be worrying you’re little head about where I’ve been.

Why did you claim that in the city you stayed in “white Europeans were very much in the minority.” when that clearly isn’t the case? Did you not think you were going to be caught out? Does your world-view require lying to justify it to yourself or others?

Me going there won’t decrease the numbers of white Europeans, so don’t be worrying you’re little head about where I’ve been.

Why did you claim that in the city you stayed in “white Europeans were very much in the minority.” when that clearly isn’t the case? Did you not think you were going to be caught out? Does your world-view require lying to justify it to yourself or others?

Lying, ffs. Cop yourself on lad.

Lying, ffs. Cop yourself on lad.

Would it make you feel better if we just called it an untruth? A big exaggeration? A made up fact?

Would it make you feel better if we just called it an untruth? A big exaggeration? A made up fact?

A simple mistake, Gregory. It refers to itself as the Science City. Not sure why I’m bothering, you’ve probably never left your basement.

• Advertisement

A simple mistake, Gregory. It refers to itself as the Science City. Not sure why I’m bothering, you’ve probably never left your basement.

But it’s not a simple mistake is it? It’s an attempt to present a certain position about race and immigration. But it turns out that there isn’t a factual basis for that position. That’s a pretty significant mistake, and one worth calling out. You’re getting very defensive about it, why is that?

The basement comment is interesting. Very few Irish houses have basements. I’ve never been in one. Do you spend a lot of time on American websites, engaging in their politics and rhetoric?

But it’s not a simple mistake is it? It’s an attempt to present a certain position about race and immigration. But it turns out that there isn’t a factual basis for that position. That’s a pretty significant mistake, and one worth calling out. You’re getting very defensive about it, why is that?

The basement comment is interesting. Very few Irish houses have basements. I’ve never been in one. Do you spend a lot of time on American websites, engaging in their politics and rhetoric?

You are clearly a basement dweller, whether you live in one or not is irrelevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

You are clearly a basement dweller, whether you live in one or not is irrelevant.

My house here in Sweden has a basement, just gonna throw that out there. I'll also mention that there are no immigrants down there before Sonny noggs makes any assumptions again!

This whole discussion isn’t going very well for you, is it?

This whole discussion isn’t going very well for, you is it?

Says the lad who can’t manage simple punctuation. Makes me wonder why someone who has such a limited grasp of English is trolling on an Irish website.

Says the lad who can’t manage simple punctuation. Makes me wonder why someone who has such a limited grasp of English is trolling on an Irish website.

There we are with the exaggeration again. Is this the basis of many of your beliefs?

There we are with the exaggeration again. Is this the basis of many of your beliefs?

Well done, you managed to string a sentence together without making a mistake.

Well done, you managed to string a sentence together without making a mistake.

I can correct my mistakes. Can you correct yours?

I can correct my mistakes. Can you correct yours?

Go back and correct all your mistakes in this thread and then I’ll answer that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Any major city in Western Europe has ethnically diverse populations.
    Some much, much more than others.

27% of Stockholmers are immigrants, or of non-Swedish background. Its estimated that Stockholm will hit a population of 3 million by 2045, largely due to migrants from Afghanistan and Syria.
    A study conducted by Stockholm Regional Growth, Environment and Planning is right, the growth means Stockholm will need an additional 2,000 pre-'schools' within a decade, as well as much more housing.

Glasgow is of a very similar size (if not larger). It will have little abnormal population growth and likley remain 88% white and Scottish, 8% Asian and 2.5% black. It's considered 'not' to be ethnically diverse.
    Somewhere like Belfast might remain largely unchanged, with only very slight or marginal ethnically diversity into 2035.

Advertisement