Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ibrutinib plus venetoclax plus obinutuzumab

• 22-03-2019 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Can anyone provide some info on this treatment type. Any links to outcomes etc. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Mod note
    Calm down and stay on topic.
    Rob

Edit off topic posts deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MountainAshIRL

My mother has just had a very serious cancer diagnosis. She is totally evasive and unable to fully understand what she is being told. Im not in the country to speak to her doctors. Shes going on a trial so I cant get into anywhere about it. And silly me I thought the medical professionals on this forum would be able to help. Instead of that I got an arrogant, smart arsed, reply. And people wonder why so many are losing faith in our medical professionals, maybe if they realised that treating the average person like they are so beneath them and uneducated is going to make people lose respect for doctors. I thought part of your job was compassion to patients and their families and providing us with advice.

So well done to the medical professionals here you have showed that you really don't respect the average person. Stay in your little click here where you shut down anything you don't agree with.

And at no time did I ask for medical advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Not a medical doctor, but I worked in the leukemia/lymphoma field for a pharma company (don’t anymore so have no bias) and, at the time (~2 years ago) this would have been one of the best option available as far as clinical trials go. One thing to look into is the side effect profile as taking a combination of targeted agents can have an additive effect on adverse events.

Anyway, hope it works out well for your mother

EDit wrote: »
    Not a medical doctor, but I worked in the leukemia/lymphoma field for a pharma company (don’t anymore so have no bias) and, at the time (~2 years ago) this would have been one of the best option available as far as clinical trials go. One thing to look into is the side effect profile as taking a combination of targeted agents can have an additive effect on adverse events.

Anyway, hope it works out well for your mother

Thanks so much for your helpful and respectful reply. This is exactly what I was hoping to get info on, the types of side effects etc. Very difficult as I can't just ask others who have had the treatment as its a trial. Have of course called the hospital but unfortunately havent been able to speak to any of the research nurses or doctors and nobody from the hospital is calling me back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

PubMed is your friend...you can search for the drugs and find related clinical publications. For example, you may want to look at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30111609

Thanks very much edit

*modsnip*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Mod note

Enough with the bickering. Posts were deleted in an effort to keep this thread open. MountainAshIRL, you're on very thin ice. Any further personal, unhelpful, or off topic posts from anyone will results in sanction being handed out.

Do not reply to this warning on thread - if you want to discuss PM myself or RobFowl.

And the unhelpful posts from the medical professionals here? No warnings for them? I feel like im back in school, "on thin ice". Seriously power gone to your head? Its an online forum!!!

• Advertisement

You know whos really on thin ice? My mother who is dying, great to see all the medical professionals here showing their caring and compassionate side.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Mod note

MountainAshIRL, I am sorry to hear about your mother. However your posts on this thread in the last two days are not helping to keep this thread open - please let this be the end of the off-topic posts. Use the report post function if you have an issue with other posts.

To all posters: please only constructive and on-topic posts that address the OP's query.

Please PM me if you have any queries, do not post on this thread as this will just derail it further.

Thanks,
    Kurt

The thread was derailed the minute *modsnip* posted reinforcing the stereotypical arrogant, uncaring doctor. Now your asking me not to comment publicly. Is the forum run by the HSE? 😂
    At least I know there is no help or support to be found here. I wont bother again.

Mod note

MountainAshIRL has been given a one day ban. I can't see any further constructive discussion happening on this thread so I'm going to close it up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement